• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Tanner

Buy, Sell, Trade?

So despite the miserable fact that my year spent in Florida has made me realize that OC may be a major uphill battle in some scary ways, I will say that I was pleasantly surprised by their laws regarding the buying selling and trading of firearms. The Facebook page "Florida Gun Trader" is a...
  2. Tanner

Was robbed of $300 in Dalton, GA!

Hey yall! dont get to go to the feeding events as much as I would like. Figured I would give you a quick update. It's a very very long story but yea i was relieved of $300 of my hard earned cash! Really i cant wait for 2012 to be over! Hands down the worst year of my life and this was the cherry...
  3. Tanner

Need help with a what IF situation

Sorry in advance with the long post. Here is my story in a big nutshell. Broke up with my fieance of almost 8 years. As far as break ups go it was about as good as it could get. But since I was driving over the road in a tractor trailer I did eventually over thing everything because all you have...
  4. Tanner

Justified until he took it to far.

http://youtu.be/Ra0EKYpBjQU The two women are the one who started it when the employee marked their $50 bill with that marker that can identify fakes. They went off the deep end and the guy was in my opinion justified in defending himself. But he clearly took it to far by going at it well...
  5. Tanner

You carry it...Now SHOOT IT! 08/26/12

I will be at dominion at 3-O-Clock. Your companie will be welcomed. Going ot stick to the announce it and they will come method this time. There is still the possibility that Bowesmobile will open up his property for us and I will assume he will confirm weather or not he will be available...
  6. Tanner

LETS GO SHOOTIN!!! sunday 8/19/12 12pm

Had a few people talking about getting together to shoot. So I will use the popular "announce it and they will come" method. I dont really expect anyone to show but if you do and you have a springfield XD and are willing to let me try it out let me know and ill get a box or two of ammo. I...
  7. Tanner

The model OC and gun activist?

Im sure a few people here know I am still new and green at most (ok all) of this OC gun activisim stuff. I have gotten to know a few people. 99.999% are outstanding people who care. No other way to say it its just that simple they care. So I have had some experience so far with less than...
  8. Tanner

You Got One!! Should I Get One?

In the market for getting a new gun when I get done driving over the road in a month! So far I like the springfield XD in 40 S&W. I will be using it as a OC firearm. Over all im looking for a med weight med to lg caliber. I currently use a 1911 and its just to uncomfortable to carry around all...
  9. Tanner

I've been every where man! OC

so by now we have been just about everywhere. NY to UT to AZ to TX to MI to MA. We have been getting some long trips and have been from east to west a few times now wich is not to common now a days since most of the cross country freight is shipped via train. I vaguely remember learning in...
  10. Tanner

Lawfully Resisting Arrest!

This kinda scares me. To think that I may be put in a position where a LEO is going to arrest me with no RAS is also unbeliveable. However it seem to happen often enough to make me raise my eyebrow. Sorry about the game of what if but ill keep it to a low detail kind of scenerio. LEO: Whats...
  11. Tanner

Why we shoot to stop the threat?

"Discussion about why we shoot to stop the threat, as opposed to shooting to kill or shooting to wound, or shooting warning shots - my opinion is that such discussion appears to be needed." This is a quote from skidmark. It brought up a good point about something that I thought was pretty cut...
  12. Tanner

Greater Richmond OC Breakfast Sat 5/19/12 9:30 AM River City Diner Parham @ I-95

Same place same time? To those I met last saturday. Do you guys go to the same place every time or a different location???
  13. Tanner

Share your wisdom with me!

I am new to OC and have SOOOOO much to learn. I have allready gotten some very useful info from a few people. So if anyone has any advise of any kind I would love to hear it. Sometimes asking questions is not the best way to learn so hopefully everyone can bring up something that I may not have...
  14. Tanner

New to open carry

I just got my serpa holster for my 1911 and am considering the open carry of a firearm. My girlfriend is all about guns and loves going to the range....BUT she has expresed some worry about how other people will feel about it. Her concern is that it may provoke aggression in some people who may...