• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. W

Carry on motorcycle?

I'm looking at getting a motorcycle in the next year and will most likely be 21 by the time I get one so some of the grey areas, over 18 but under 21, in possession/transport laws would be moot. If someone is on a motorcycle what are the laws on transporting a firearm either loaded and cased or...
  2. W

Well I'm going to avoid St. Robert from now on.

Last night I contacted the SRPD to see about open carry, well I was flat out told if I carry exposed I'll be arrested for scaring other people even if I haven't broken the law, I asked about my rights he said they don't matter if someone gets scared. Today I went in and filed a complaint, well...
  3. W

Glock Sport and Combat Holster users?

I bought a Glock Sport/Combat Holster a while back, possible replacement for my Uncle Mike's Sidekick Holster that I have on a duty belt for open carry, but the belt's more rigid shape makes it a poor fit given the softness of the holster and on draw it pulls the belt with it some. Today I...
  4. W

Open Carry in a bank - Laws?

Does anyone know what the laws are regarding open carry into a bank at the state level and federal level?
  5. W

OC in stores not meeting signage requirements?

In Missouri there are rules for signage for it to be legally binding in terms of barring carry of firearms (except protected classes), in particular in Rolla, MO the Taco Bell and Dairy Queen both post signs, however one is faded to the point the letters cannot be made out and the other is below...
  6. W

Full size 9mm with thumb safety or DA/SA?

I'm looking for a good full size 9mm platform with manual safety or a DA/SA with decocker, worst case I can't find a private sale and have to wait until I turn 21 to buy one new. Currently I'm looking at SIG P226, CZ 75B, Ruger SR9 (not a big fan of the safety location and size though), Ruger...
  7. W

Rolla meet?

I'm going to be in Rolla over summer and only have work and one summer class so I'll have a good amount of free time and was wondering if anyone wanted to meet up to do some open carrying? Any input would be welcome.
  8. W

School zones - Rolla?

I'm a student at S&T in Rolla and was wondering about open carry around school zone, I now live off of 72 (was in the dorms prior) and sometimes walk around Rolla when it's nice out to go to parks, to do so I would be walking past at least one school and have not yet tried open carry much but...