• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. J

vehicle carry?

what are the laws in new mexico about vehicle carry. last time i checked your vehicle was an extension of your home... is there a limit on the number of guns you can have in your car or truck, either open or concealed? I own 2 handguns that i love and often travel to areas around new Mexico for...
  2. J

west valley city, salt lake city crime??

does anyone know what the crime is like in west valley city and salt lake city? are they safe places? or places you definitely don't want to leave your room without a firearm? staying and working here for 2 weeks
  3. J

open carry unloaded in utah

I am NOT a resident but will be spending 2 weeks or so in salt lake city utah for work.. i talked to a couple people within the state department and they said open carry was legal without a permit if the chamber was empty. they also mentioned i shouldn't have much problems with police because...
  4. J

Texas carry laws

I'm from New Mexico. I will be spending a couple days in van horn texas for work, what are the laws on carry? I understand car carry is legal as long as it is concealed? I know for loaded concealed carry you need a chl... What about unloaded concealed carry? Being I am only 20.5 and need 6...
  5. J

places off limits?

what places are off limits for open carry? from what i found online and on handgunlaws.us you cant carry to anyplace that dispenses alcohol for on premises drinking and cant carry onto schools, military bases court houses etc.... is this correct?
  6. J

carry in motels/hotels

state= new mexico usa does anyone know the laws on carrying into a motel/hotel room? I am slowly starting to carry whatever way is legal and then get a CCW... right now only two options i have is open carry or conceal carry unloaded. I stay in motels a lot for work... every couple weeks or...
  7. J

what does new mexico consider a "unloaded firearm"????

i have been searching and i cant seem to find what new mexico defines as a loaded firearm? the laws use loaded and unloaded a lot but no specific definition... to me a loaded firearm means a round in the chamber so if i squeeze the trigger it goes boom... if i have a magazine with bullets in...
  8. J

question about concealed carry laws...

the things that seem widely known and i am sure about are. at age 19 you can possess and open carry a handgun... i also thought i read somewhere that you can conceal carry unloaded without a permit or ccw license. this is where i start getting confused... new mexico doesn't have very clear...
  9. J

visiting CO... can anyone clarify the open carry laws?

im from new mexico and will be visiting CO over the weekend.. not my first time but first time recently. in NM i can own, possess and open carry at age 19. why is the minimum open carry age in colorado? i am 20 right now. i will mostly be visiting Durango, maybe ride the Durango silver ton...
  10. J

some clarification on open carry in New mexico

a couple days ago i found out i can legally open carry at age 19 in new mexico usa. yet i can buy a handgun from a dealer until i am 21. nor can i apply for a concealed carry license until i am 21. i do own a firearm that was a gift. i can legally posses a firearm and conceal it in my home...