• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. A

Shooting at My House

Howdy all, I was shooting my pellet(air) gun behind my home and someone commented that discharging an air rifle in a "congested area" is illegal. I live in Sparks NV. Any thoughts?
  2. A

Flying With A Gun

Flying to Colorado next month. Anybody know the procedure for sending a firearm with you?
  3. A

Assemblyman Pat Hickey Appears To Be On Our Side But...

Below is a Email conversation I had with Pat Hickey Reno-R He is the guy who made the wisecrack about Legeslatures carrying on the floor. Mr. Hickey has been a champion for better education but he also appears in favor of our rights. He has a CCW but does not carry regularly nor do I think he...
  4. A

Open carry lunch anyone?

Any folks in or around Washoe county want to meet up for lunch and or a bit of shootin? Let me know!
  5. A

Washoe County Library Meet

I know we were makin some noise about meeting up at a Local Library. I definately have intrest in doing so. Let me know when you will be available guys!
  6. A

Open Carry on LinkedIn!

If any of you Open Carriers, (or concealed) are on LinkedIn, I've created a Networking Group for Nevadans. I'ts called Concealed Nevada. Feel free to check it out and join!
  7. A

New Nevada Organization

Alright Nevada gun owners, thank you to those who attended our little meet in washoe county. We will be creating a Gun Rights Lobby gruop to first address local issues and and eventually state laws as well. If everyone is in agreement, we will be having a follow up meeting on Saturday, February...
  8. A

Meeting For OCers in Washoe County

Ok folks. I'ts about time us gun toting folks got together. Per Felid Maximus' suggestion we will be meeting at The Pit BBQ at 1230 on Feb 17th. No need to formally RSVP but if you plan on coming please post here. Thanks guys. Look forward to meeting you!
  9. A

Nevada Gun Violence Prevention Strategy Roundtable

This is new to me so forgive me if this is "so last week" but we have an anti-gun group here in Reno Nevada, they coordinate meetings through Facebook and aim to promote stricter gun laws this coming Legislative session. Thier next meeting is tommorow, Feb 7th at 5:30 however they have yet to...
  10. A

Looking to Meet With Other OCers in Reno/Sparks!

Looking for Open Carriers to meet in Sparks/Reno area. My aim is to talk about any legal issues we might have, who we want in office this November, and just to generally meet other open carriers in Washoe.
  11. A

Support of Our Open Carry Rights in Nevada!

I'm continuing to talk to Nevada Lawmakers about expanding CCW to college/school campus and Day Care centers. If anyone else here would like to join me in this, please contact me. I believe collective voices are stronger and could use the extra horse power.
  12. A

Removing Justin Jones From Office

After doing a bit of research, I believe in order to retain our rights here in Nevada, we need to vote out State Senator Justin Jones(D). He is the one who pushed the expanded background checks bill that was vetoed and he claims he plans to revive it next session. Hopefully everone here on Open...
  13. A

Open Carriers in Reno

I'm brand new to this site and regularly open carry in Reno. I'm 23 years old and looking for other open carriers in the Reno/Sparks area.