• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. P

Open Carry - Texas. Misguided Opponents' Comments

I've observed news and forum comments by some of the groups opposing Open Carry that don't make sense to me. The shallow thinking of these people burn me. For instance, when the opponent is asked why they oppose OC, and they say something like, ...when I see someone openly carrying a gun, I...
  2. P

Is handgun 'open carry' safer for me than 'concealed carry'?

I think so. Some reasons (for debate of course) are: Enables carrying a handgun: - With a frame size that fits the hand better than a tiny CC gun. - Chambered for a more effective (larger) load than a tiny CC gun. - With more shot accuracy than a CC gun. - That is more controllable when...