• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back from North Myrtle Beach

NMGlock26

Well,
All went well in Myrtle Beach. I carried every where, aghhh aghhh legal to do so. In the center console and the condo. Just went deep IWB appendix carry so when the wind blew in the condo there was absolutly no printing. Forget the spare mag. South Carolina is a great place to visit. Went to Charleston also. Too bad SC has such restrictive carry rules and will not honor New Mexico`s CHP. New Mexico requires 16 hours to get a CHP were as SC only requires 8. Next year we might go to Florida, now that Florida honors NM after being droped eariler this year. I just have a hard time spending my money in a state that denies the right to carry the tool to defend myself and my family. This whole reciprocity issue is a mess that needs to be fixed.

NMGlock26

You do understand that this forum is about OPEN carry, don't you?

Here in New Mexico we are a gold star open carry state. I open carry every day with few problems if any. I would have open carried in South Carolina if legal to do so, but it is not. I think it is only legal when hunting or fishing in SC , I think if I understand SC law. I will refrain in the future, from posting any carry other than open carry in South Carolina which will probably be never. South Carolina is a great place to visit, just can not open carry in SC.

armaborealis

NMGlock,

Sorry Gutshot gave you flack. I'm also from a free state and temporarily in SC, which is about as bad as you can get from a carry perspective short of CA/MA/NJ. I've found that most shooters in SC (including CWP instructors and holders) have little appetite for basic, fundamental reforms like restaurant carry or unlicensed open carry.

I don't blame you for taking tourist dollars elsewhere or abstaining from posting in this sub-forum in the future.

Cheers,
Arma from Alaska

Last edited:

NMGlock26

armaborealis,
+1
Alaska is a great gold star state. Sad that when freedoms are taken, that people feel gratefull that they can carry at all, open or concealed with restrictions.We have NEVER have had any problems with restaurant carry here in NM. When New Mexico was pushing for restaurant carry, I had a guy at the range say " oh come on, how much do you want ". SAD!!!. We have restaurant carry now, beer and wine places. ( concealed carry) Next are places that serve hard alcohol. Chilis, Fridays, Etc. A little at a time, just like the antis do. And yes pushing open carry as well a little at a time.
Thanks, NMGLOCK

Sorry Gutshot gave you flack. I'm also from a free state and temporarily in SC, which is about as bad as you can get from a carry perspective short of CA/MA/NJ. I've found that most shooters in SC (including CWP instructors and holders) have little appetite for basic, fundamental reforms like restaurant carry or unlicensed open carry.

I don't blame you for taking tourist dollars elsewhere or abstaining from posting in this sub-forum in the future.

Cheers,
Arma from Alaska[/QUOTE]

Last edited: