• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking Federal Law unwittingly !!

rpyne

imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
Maybe your statement holds true in Washington, but not here in Montana. In our fair state here, you cannot carry concealed inside a financial institution ... You can however carry openly in said locations unless someone at that facility asks you to leave!!
Gotta protect the crooks. Kinda like the Sullivan law (1911 NY). Sponsor "Big Tim" Sullivan reputedly desired the law so that his criminal cohorts could go about their activities unimpeded by citizens defending themselves with concealed handguns.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

LTNAVY 20 years, we Thank you for your govt service.

Mine was 25 years, 45 countries, over10 yearsin combat zones - boots in the sand and mud,with all branches of US, NATO, and UN.

Just because we served in the military does not relieve us of our duty as Citizens, to vote, to voice our opinion for other Citizens, and to write/call/e-mail our Senators and Representatives, and other elected/appointed employees at the federal, state, etc levels when whatever violates any part of the U.S. Constitution, including the Second Amendment, we swore to protect and defend against all enemies both foreign and domestic.

As far as the words in the 3 short videos go,I honor every word John Wayne said, I have always tried to live up to those words.

As far as what I wrote, I standby that word for word:

Those who fail to write with pen and paper, cannot be depended on to protect this country with Arms, apathy and cowardice abounds across the land for the last 50 to 100 years.

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
WRONG. Maybe your statement holds true in Washington, but not here in Montana. In our fair state here, you cannot carry concealed inside a financial institution or in a place where alcohol is dispensed, sold and consumed in the same room, aka a bar. You can however carry openly in said locations unless someone at that facility asks you to leave!!

The above is 100% true.

Montanapassed a new law (HB 228) in the Winter/Spring 2009, which was suppose to allow these carry locations with concealment, buta few County Sheriffs and Count Attorneys in Yellowstone and Lincoln Counties along with the Montana Sheriff and Peace Officer Association "Lobbyist (Hired Gun) (maybe from out of state - does not live in Montana ???)" basically lied at worst / distorted the truth by saying there was a federal law against carrying is banks etc which there is not and whinning like children about all the gunfights that would happen in bars and eating establishments, the blood would run in the streets - kind of BS.

I have suggested to JB Montana, MT Gunny, and 40s-and-fan, since they are the most vocal on the Montana section of this forum, to start an e-mail, letter writing, phone calling campaign to prepare for Winter/Spring 2011 (the next time the legislators meet in Helena,MT) and to now encourage the Governor and Attorney General of Montana to take action against these Sheriffs and Attorneys along with their Lobbyist for misrepresentation of the facts and misusing the power of their offices along with reimbursement to the counties for any salary or expense money they may have received for these actions.

In addition contact for everyone across the USA, to contact their Senators and Representatives to pass a law to allow carry both inside and outside of Post Offices in public areas - in accordance with state law -parking, buying stamps, mailing mail, and picking up mail. I have already done my part on this and more - I am sure the Senators and Representatives I contacted will the contacting the USPS then USPS will be sending out notices to all Post Offices across the country to enforce the law in the parking lots too, so what you may have gotten by with in the past probably will not be allowed in the future. I sent the Senators and Representatives which I am sure they will give to the USPS - 4 web sites including this web site with this chatter on it, so I would be surprised if the Kalispell Post Office did not start enforcing the law in the near future.

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/Concealed-carry-in-a-post-office-may-lead-to-rude-awakening

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?p=5699102#post5699102

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum34/27498.html

http://en.wordpress.com/tag/carrying-a-gun-into-a-post-office/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Which means many of you are in direction violation of federal law, that you have not been charged means these federal employees have been failing to do their jobs, a waste of our taxes paying for their silver spoon in their mouths while riding the federal gravy train.

Therefore the law needs to be changed. Write your Senators and Representatives in WDC (every Voting Armed Real True American Citizen across the USA).

Those who fail to write with pen and paper, cannot be depended on to protect this country with Arms, apathy and cowardice abounds across the land for the last 50 to 100 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Y3SMMrVJs&feature=related
the words "FREEDOM", "RIGHTS", "COWARD SECURITY"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaPA8fGeRUc&feature=related
the words "REPUBLIC", "PEOPLE", "RIGHT", and "WRONG"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aEg28n4IRU&NR=1
views on LIBERAL CONSERVATIVE DIGNITY

40s-and-wfan

imported post

IC, keep in mind that although this statement is true, it was true long before the signing/passing of HB-228. Montana Attorney General has stated this to me in more than a few telephone conversations. These conversations took place long before the bill passed!

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

40s-and-wfan wrote:
IC, keep in mind that although this statement is true, it was true long before the signing/passing of HB-228. Montana Attorney General has stated this to me in more than a few telephone conversations. These conversations took place long before the bill passed!

The above is correct but it was unwritten tradition and was not against the law but some Peace Officers and Govt Attorney's chose on their own to thumb their noses, arrest / charge / whatever people with distrubing the peace or some such crapola, therefore HB 228 was introduced and passed then made law.

Heck of a note, we have to pass laws to give let the govt give us permission to do stuff already in the Constitution.

Which changes nothing as far as the USPS property goes, the onus is still upon the people to change the law through Congress, the elected representatives of we the people.