• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

moved to payson!

b1ack5mith

imported post

HAHAH! I JUST DROVE THRU OREM TODAY! and i drove past "GUNNIES sporting goods and western clothing"

anyone around payson who can tell me when/where i can go shootin in the hills? we need to get together! im gunna go apply for a job tomarrow, so i might be gettin a pistol soon!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, we can go to IKEA to get our "Weapons Free" I am tired of paying for them anyways. Last I heard, we can't go shooting in the hills yet because of the fire danger.

xmirage2kx

imported post

Van Wagenens is a good place to find a gun. They know their stuff and have good prices. However there are a few tricks to make it a good experience.

First: Wear something nice. If you show up in a suit or shirt and tie you will get treated like royalty, if you show up in shorts and a T-shirt you will be treated like garbage.

Second: Respect. Ask if you can rack the slide, dry fire, holster, etc. Don't just assume you can. If you ask they will generally let you, if not you will get chewed into.

Third: If you don’t know something, don’t pretend you do. I think this is a good rule everywhere. Not everyone is an ex-seal who can fieldstrip every gun in existence while blindfolded, and just because "your friend said" it doesn’t make it true. If you have questions ask... It’s the best way to learn and keep your dignity.

b1ack5mith

imported post

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH... so basicly, some places are gunna be "firearm friendly" (AKA you wont find any theifs or robbers in there)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

But the sign has NO weight in the State of Utah:lol::celebrate:monkey. But I never saw a sign like this at the Utah IKEA Location when I was there.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I decided to visit our IKEA today. I did not see a sign anywhere, nor did anyone say anything about my Glock. The greeter just smiled. I spent about 10 minutes in the store.

b1ack5mith

imported post

no weight as in... they cant LEGALLY keep you out? hey, isnt it discrimination if they dont sell to someone whos lifestyle is different than others? (a lifestyle that was what EVERYONE had back when this country was formed?)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I decided to visit our IKEA today. I did not see a sign anywhere, nor did anyone say anything about my Glock. The greeter just smiled. I spent about 10 minutes in the store.

AWESOME !!!:celebrate

I love GuineaPigs:lol:

So we shouldn't have any Problems, it seems, to to hang out at IKEA at a meet possibly

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:

So we shouldn't have any Problems, it seems, to to hang out at IKEA at a meet possibly

Hey, you don't have to ask me once. ;) The only problem with hanging out at IKEA is they don't sell guns. You see, if we meet at Cabelas, we are more likely to get in trouble when we get home. "But Sweetie, it was on sale!" :p

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:

Hey, you don't have to ask me once. ;) The only problem with hanging out at IKEA is they don't sell guns. You see, if we meet at Cabelas, we are more likely to get in trouble when we get home. "But Sweetie, it was on sale!" :p

ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO

ROTFLMAO

:what:...:lol:...:celebrate...:monkey...no monkeying around.

I do like the Idea of Meeting at Cabelas too...I doooooooooo:cool:

b1ack5mith

imported post

WOAH! theres a cabelas here?! WHERE!?!?!? we never had one where i came froM! had to order my stuff online hahah

cortland 6-7 flyrod ;) oh yeah

this is kinda off subject, but i guarantee ALL of u know the answer (guns, shooting, camping, fishing = hand in hand...)

where is there to flyfish around here? an old (80 year old) lady who grew up here in payson told me that "payson isnt big on streams, but we have lakes"

b1ack5mith

imported post

i think i went to spanish fork or american fork... and we were checkin out a house for sale (a couple months ago) and there was a creek by the side of this house... wasnt too pretty... but i threw a rock in and saw abou 5, 12 inch long trout swim away... id say theres fish around these parts ;)