• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry and the Opinions of Some "Experts"

bushwacker

Ive noticed as ive gotten older that it seems like everyone is intolerant of everything whether you are gay and intolerant of straight people or visa versa, CC vs OC, liberal vs conservative...... for all the online debates i read about politics, gun control, gay/straight, ive never once seen ANYONE say "good point, im switching sides".

well the way I see it is,that it is a matter of control and liberation.... hardcore ccers seem to have control issues and ocers are the liberators. both sides try to get the other side to come over to their side but when ocers get ccers to open carry they just don't seem to go back to conceal carry ..they have been liberated, but when they and ocers have to conceal carry in certain places or states like texas ( I name texas cause I live there and to have to ccarry really puts a crack in my a$$) they can't hardly wait to get out of the control zone and back to enjoying the freedom and comfort of ocing .... i.e. how many folks here has at times left their guns behind due to the hassle of ccarry zones? not a good idea but we all have done it ..so I think.

Last edited:

bushwacker

The element of surprise - (to be read very tongue in cheek) Time for me to get over my shock at this bad guy choosing me as his victim. How did my SA not see this coming. Okay, what do I want to do now... Well, he has the draw on me and I probably can't draw and fire before he does, so let me give him my wallet. I can't draw and shoot him in the back as he runs away because my life is no longer in danger......God I hope nobody finds out about this.....let me get my story straight if someone who knows I ALWAYS carry hears I got robbed......

1. too many innocents around.
2. I really didn't believe my life was in danger so I couldn't draw
3. There is such a hassle with the cops and paperwork if you are involved in a shooting, besides this was my favorite gun and I didn't want it taken as evidence, so it was easier to give him the $5 in my wallet.

ME - I would rather open carry and hopefully avoid the scenario completely. YMMV

P.S. (How many posts do I have to make before I can be called an "Expert" too?

element of surprise is not lost when you toss him that wallet at his feet or over his head and when he move his eyes to search or follow that wallet , you pull out you derringer from the pocket and blast his ass , now wont he be surprised :eek: also you get to keep your favorite sunday gun and get to turn that cheap pocket piece...mite want to have a blackpowder derringer incase you miss you may still have an escape in the smoke screen :lol: