• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RVA OC breakfast, Sat, 12/17

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
RVA OC breakfast, Sat, 12/17 at 8:30am

River City Diner
803 E Parham Rd.
Richmond
, VA 23227
(804) 266-1500

An extremely reliable source has said that RCD has had a change in the manager and cook, returning this location to it's former glory = good food prepared as you ordered it and wonderful service.

Next Saturday being Christmas Eve, there will be no OC breakfast scheduled that day. That makes this one the last of 2016 - come on out.

Last edited:

scouser

should be there, cant have too big a breakfast though, have a reservation for lunch at Nicks tomorrow too, yet another visit with Santa for Logan.

Although Grape is correct in stating that next Saturday is Christmas Eve, the following Saturday is Dec 31st 2016, so wouldn't that be the last breakfast of this year? Regardless of that, come on out and join us, check out the tree that Logan decorated, try their meat lovers omelette or the mac n cheese my son has declared to be the best in the world, or whatever else you're in the mood for

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--

Next Saturday being Christmas Eve, there will be no OC breakfast scheduled that day. That makes this one the last of 2016 - come on out.

--snipped--
Although Grape is correct in stating that next Saturday is Christmas Eve, the following Saturday is Dec 31st 2016, so wouldn't that be the last breakfast of this year?
Quite right - I stubbed by toe on that one.

Don't plan on having a Dec. 24[SUP]th[/SUP] OC breakfast - too much to do at the same time - preparing to spread Christmas cheer.

OTOH - Dec. 31[SUP]st[/SUP] breakfast time is early enough in the day to not interfer with preparation for the evening festivities.

Last edited:

Brian D.

You Virginia folk constantly inspire me to try to get meal meet-ups organized on the Ohioans For Concealed Carry forums. Couple of problems though:

1) The organization's leadership insists that we get pre-approval to post and then have these shindigs, since the OFCC name will be sort of "attached", and it makes for a lot of needless rigamarole in my opinion.

2) Too much time is allowed to go by while people chime in on the threads. Next thing you know a "Christmas season" get together first suggested in late November ends up an "Easter season" (okay slight exaggeration) shindig in March. Lots and lots of time wasted with "Ooh, Saturdays are almost always bad for me, but I'd for sure show up on a Tuesday" and so forth.

I like the way it's done here. Merry Christmas!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
You Virginia folk constantly inspire me to try to get meal meet-ups organized on the Ohioans For Concealed Carry forums. Couple of problems though:

1) The organization's leadership insists that we get pre-approval to post and then have these shindigs, since the OFCC name will be sort of "attached", and it makes for a lot of needless rigamarole in my opinion.

2) Too much time is allowed to go by while people chime in on the threads. Next thing you know a "Christmas season" get together first suggested in late November ends up an "Easter season" (okay slight exaggeration) shindig in March. Lots and lots of time wasted with "Ooh, Saturdays are almost always bad for me, but I'd for sure show up on a Tuesday" and so forth.

I like the way it's done here. Merry Christmas!

Feel free to borrow/steal the means and methods. :)

Dinner sites are chosen by an ad hoc committee. Suggestions if made earlier are considered but the committee sets the location (we vary it) and I keep score of those planning to attend. We stay in touch with the restaurant so that they are set up for us. Always on the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Tuesday of the month.

Breakfasts like this one are simpler - someone (generally from the committee) picks a site, time and posts it. No score is kept - simply I/we will be there. We have fun, fill our stomachs, and spread the word. These are every Saturday and other impromptu excuses.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
And Richmond is more formal/regular than most.

One person posting "I will be at (this location) at (this time) on (this date)" often generates additional interest, and then those who show up can set the time/date for the next one.

In this way, some regular meetups have been started that after a few mentions never get posted again, but go on.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
And Richmond is more formal/regular than most.

One person posting "I will be at (this location) at (this time) on (this date)" often generates additional interest, and then those who show up can set the time/date for the next one.

In this way, some regular meetups have been started that after a few mentions never get posted again, but go on.
Tess, we may be more regular, but we definitely are not formal, much less more formal. We are pretty laid back and relaxed.

They reason for posting each week is to let any and all interested parties know when and where we may be found. Has worked well for us.