• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

unofficial poll

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

Because Alabama Law considers a loaded handgun in the car concealed, I got the CC as soon as I turned 18. I didn't even know that much about OC when i started packing, and for the first 3 or 4 months, I ccd exclusively. I have to admit though, that even though the charges were dropped, after my experience being arrested, I don't OC much when I'm out and about anymore. It makes me uncomfortable, and until Alabama formally addresses the issue of OC in the legislature, then I'm not sure I'll be OCing that much here anymore anyway.

Warp

imported post

Because open carry is not always the prudent choice.

And it is always good to have options.

And in Ohio you need the Concealed license to open carry in the car.

And it helps support Concealed carry when more citizens are licensed.

What would you do in Ohio in the winter? I'm from Indiana and I simply cannot imagine having to carry openly to stay legal when it is 10* outside.

Demarest

imported post

Warp wrote:
And it is always good to have options.
Regulating that which is predetermined to be unlimited is a DECREASE of options.

Warp wrote:
And it helps support Concealed carry when more citizens are licensed.
You say that like it's a good thing. I regret taking a license for the simple fact that it lends credence to the idea that one should be required. They treat us like serfs because we act like serfs.