• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

North marysville albertsons

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I mentioned that stuff too. She has the mentality that it's different for civilians like so many others do.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
I spend hundreds of dollars per month there. I go there because I prefer their meat Department over the one at Winco across the street even though Winco is cheaper. That store has been bleeding customers to Winco, and they just lost another one.... me!

Last edited:

GreatWhiteLlama

I spend hundreds of dollars per month there. I go there because I prefer their meat Department over the one at Winco across the street even though Winco is cheaper. That store has been bleeding customers to Winco, and they just lost another one.... me!

Perhaps you should let them know. In fact, if everyone that has responded in this thread indicating that they never had a problem at that store were to suddenly contact corporate and let them no why you were no longer going to shop there, this might actually make a difference.

Remember, in order for a boycott to work, it has to involve more than 2 or 3 people. Just ask The Brady Bunch :)

Metalhead47

Albertson's is based out of Boise. One would THINK their midlevel poobahs don't buy into the bradyite nonsense.

ETA:
little googling found this:

Albertson's Llc Corporate Office | Headquarters
250 Parkcenter Blvd. Boise, ID 83706
(208)395-6200

Last edited:

amlevin

Be careful of the Winco Parking Lot. People get shot there as you can read in this News report:

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/2-arrested-in-marysville-shooting/nK5JY/

As for your "contact" with the "manager", apparently she didn't get the message from the Home Office. A follow-up call can stir things up a little as it's obvious the party you spoke with doesn't have a clue. Nobody cares about HER opinion, it's the Law and Corporate Policy that matter. Maybe Albertson's needs to know that she may be part of the reason the store is "bleeding" customers to Winco.

BTW, if you like that Albertson's meat Dept, you'll love the Meat Dept at the Haggens on 88th. Won't pay any more either.

fire suppressor

The Store Director called me this morning. I specified I want this interaction in email, but apparently that's to hard for her. When I explained what happened she told me that she thought that in the state of WA it has to be concealed. I told her she is mistaken and informed her of the laws. So basically she told me after talking for a few minutes that Albertsons does not ban weapons, but they have to be concealed. If they are in the open, her staff has the right to ask you to leave. She's got the out of sight out of mind theory going. I asked her what's the difference? I'm following the law either way. She tried to use safety as an excuse. She said she doesn't want to loose me as a costumer, but that when I come in I put a jacket on to cover it up. I told her I would not do that, especially in this weather. Way to hot for that. She said she was going to do some research on OC in WA. I don't think she is really going to. I even offered to bring some pamplets to her. She said I could if I wanted, but would still prefer I CC. I told her that There are other OCers who shop there all the time and no one has problems with it. I even told her that I spend hundreds of dollars a month there. She didn't seem to care. I will bring her a pamplet later. Not like it it will do much though.

Was that the store director for the store you shop at or was that a corporate director? Maybe if we all write emails it will get there attention

ManInBlack

Albertson's is based out of Boise. One would THINK their midlevel poobahs don't buy into the bradyite nonsense.

ETA:
little googling found this:

Albertson's Llc Corporate Office | Headquarters
250 Parkcenter Blvd. Boise, ID 83706
(208)395-6200

That corporate HQ is literally minutes from my house. There are three Albertson's stores in my immediate vicinity, and I have OC'd at all of them. I remember a cashier asking me once, "what's with the gun" (protection and exercise of a Constitutionally-guaranteed right), but I have received zero flak from management.

I also OC with regularity at Fred Meyer and Winco, and have never had a problem with either.

I'll send Albertson's a love note, as well. Store managers making on-the-spot policy about behavior they have been shown is legal is unacceptable.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Was that the store director for the store you shop at or was that a corporate director? Maybe if we all write emails it will get there attention

It was the store director of the location I was speaking of. I went to Albertsons.com and to contact us for the email I sent. The director then called me. I'm still planning on going to corprate. I havent sent the email yet but I will very soon.

waterfowl woody

I think the gal, manager, you talked to was the tan about 5'1" ish lady. If it was I have had her come right by me ask me how I'm doing and say nothing of my gun? hard for her to miss as I'm 6'8" and it was almost eye level for her.

darn I enjoyed that they carried johnsonville chedder brats

hermannr

I absolutely do not shop/or even enter, any Albertsons...haven't for 35 years...MT Vernon Albertsons. Can't cover when you don't have a CPL, and I didn't go back then, don't need them, there are plenty of better stores that don't hassel you.

Even if they give you a written apology from the disgruntled "manager" I still won't step in any Albertsons again.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I absolutely do not shop/or even enter, any Albertsons...haven't for 35 years...MT Vernon Albertsons. Can't cover when you don't have a CPL, and I didn't go back then, don't need them, there are plenty of better stores that don't hassel you.

Even if they give you a written apology from the disgruntled "manager" I still won't step in any Albertsons again.

Never any problem with any Albertsons, here in the city. Never any issues with them in the Portland/Vancouver market either. And as a former manager for Albertsons, never had an issue either. Managers vary, managers come and go, you learn to deal with each of them individually.

Metalhead47

Never any problem with any Albertsons, here in the city. Never any issues with them in the Portland/Vancouver market either. And as a former manager for Albertsons, never had an issue either. Managers vary, managers come and go, you learn to deal with each of them individually.

Ditto, OC at the Mukilteo & Oak Harbor Albertsons all the time, never more than the curious question. But why the aversion hermanerr?

... and everyone seems to have missed the point that said point is now moot since said store is now closing. :rolleyes: