• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by cynicist

1. C

Yakima Co Sheriff talks about (open) carry in Outlook

Just for some background, Outlook is this little village of the damned completely over run by gangs between Granger and Sunnyside. It's about 500 people, about 20% of which are gang members, doesn't have 24hr LEO coverage, and has several shootings reported every week...
  2. C

What classifies as "concealed" in a vehicle?

"(b) Possesses a handgun that is concealed and readily accessible to the person within any vehicle;" Anyone know what the current case law on what concealed in a vehicle means? Would I be able to OC loaded in a car in OR without an OR permit?
  3. C

Why you should always have a round in the chamber

Seven of the hoodrats got caught. http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2010/08/03/1116291/pasco-shootng-suspects-believed.html
  4. C

Questions about carry and travel

I'm a WA resident and I will be going camping in Oregon next month, and was wondering if someone can point me towards or explain the basic techinicalities of gun laws in OR. Specifically, requirements for having both long guns and handguns in a vehicle, and well as having them around when camping.
  5. C

anything in Seattle this weekend?

imported post I'll be in Seattle this weekend, and I'll have a few hours free sometime, and was wondering if there's any fun events planned.
  6. C

Can we create a list for the Brady Bunch?

imported post I think since the Brady Bunch likes to create the lists of "criminal" use of X-type of weapons, we should do one on open carry, since it's the latest evil thing. Since the 50BMG list doesn't actually mention anyone shot with one, I think they might actually carry a list we provide...
  7. C

Washington State man shoots would-be murderer

imported post http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2010/03/02/man-charged-with-attempted-murder YAKIMA, Wash. -- A 47-year-old Yakima man awaiting trial on a charge of child rape now stands accused of trying to kill the girl. Kurt Dean Bonser made his first appearance on on the attempted...
  8. C

Yakima man shoots would-be murderer

imported post Sorry to distract from the Starbucks glory, but... http://www.yakima-herald.com/stories/2010/03/02/man-charged-with-attempted-murder YAKIMA, Wash. -- A 47-year-old Yakima man awaiting trial on a charge of child rape now stands accused of trying to kill the girl. Kurt Dean Bonser...
  9. C

Yakima man fends off burglars

imported post I think this will be a good test of how far you can go with force and defense of home. This guy shot at a car as they were driving away! Yet there is no mention of his arrest, just the crooks. http://www.kndo.com/Global/story.asp?S=11910288
  10. C

self defense shooting in Spokane

imported post SPOKANE -- A young businessman facing possible attempted murder charges after a chaotic confrontation in downtown Coeur d'Alene told police he felt threatened when he opened fire on a group of men looking for a fight. "I did what I was trained," referring to his concealed weapons...
  11. C

More officers shot at - none hit

imported post http://yakimavalleygangs.blogspot.com/2009/12/yakima-fleeing-suspect-shoots-at-cops.html Are these just being noticed more now, or are these actually on the rise?
  12. C

Man convicted of shooting car prowler

imported post I remember when this happened. We all thought he'd get acquited. [Edit: last I heard before this was that he was released without charges, and that recently other carprowlers had killed owners. Sorry about the "we."] And he used a Mosin Nagant...
  13. C

Positive OC comment

imported post I just got back from the convenience store, and the guy complimented my gun and asked what I needed to do that. I told him I don't need anything to do it, but wasn't sure about him, since he only is a permanent resident. I know that law was changed recently about non-citizens...
  14. C

Identification w/CPL required?

imported post I couldn't find anything in the RCW to indicate that one must show ID to LEO when showing a CPL. Since my last "incident," I took my CPL out of my wallet and put it in a little hunting license carrier thing, and generally don't carry ID, so next time they ask for ID when they stop...
  15. C

Detained for CC

imported post I just got stopped for "openly concealing." I was walking home from karate practice, and came to an intersection on the highway, where there is no crosswalk light. There was a cop car right in front of me, and the guy was checking me out- I believe he could see my holster under...