• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by Daddyo

1. D

Caribou Gun Club

imported post Anybody familiar with this place: [url]http://www.caribougunclub.com/Caribou_Gun_Club/INTRO.html/url] Still looking for a place to take the family shooting without too much hassle.
  2. D

UN treaty cited in SC decision

imported post For those who don't think International treaties will affect our laws... http://www.hslda.org/docs/media/2010/201005180.asp Apparently the UN Rights of the Child treaty was cited in the majority opinion in the recent Supreme Court case regarding life sentences for juveniles...
  3. D

"No Weapons" because other people are stupid

imported post I wrote to REI to let them know I was displeased with the "No Weapons" signage at one of their stores. Here is the response I got: received your feedback concerning REI Maple Grove this afternoon and I want to thank you for your comments. I made the decision to ban guns in my...
  4. D

Good ranges around Minneapolis?

imported post I just moved to the Twin Cities area (Plymouth to be exact) and was wondering where folks go to shoot.
  5. D

Hunting in Alabama- more trouble than it's worth?

imported post Got a wild hare to go hunt up some bunnies on the local WMA. If nothing else, I figured it was just a good excuse to get out of the house. Then I got to trying to figure out what the rules were. This makes the carry laws seem clear cut! The words license and permit are tossed...
  6. D

Hollywood's anti-civilian gun ownership agenda

imported post 1941- The Maltese Falcon. Humphrey Bogart proudly declares that he doesn't like guns and doesn't have much use for one. 1944- The Thin Man Goes Home. In the climactic "unveiling of the murderer" scene, William Powell suggests that the police search everyone for weapons because...
  7. D

Book Signing

imported post Had a decent signing for "Victim Selection Error" today at the Little Professor. I sold some books, but more importantly finally got to meet Jonathon Sometimes (yes, he still lurks about here). I'm looking forward to hooking up with him again at ATI's informal Monday night shoot...
  8. D

A strange "Are you a cop" comment

imported post A couple of days ago, I was on a field trip with my wife and daughter. We were hanging out in the parking lot with some of the other families when a guy came up and asked if I had a coat hanger. It seemed a lady had locked her keys in her RUNING car and all he had was a 5.11 Gear...
  9. D

New book

imported post In my new novel "Victim Selection Error", the main character uses his personal firearms to rescue his family who have been kidnapped by a street gang. It's available on Amazon.com with the "Look Inside the Book" feature. Take a look. See what you think. It's an exciting read...
  10. D

Hands off your weapon when OC

imported post I sincerely hope this guy wasn't an off duty LEO. At a flea market last weekend, they had some armed security floating around. One of the guys I kept seeing couldn't keep his hands off his weapon. Every time I saw him his had would go to his gun and he would start rubbing the...
  11. D

FEMA Blinked in Fargo

imported post I have a feeling this was a much bigger p**sing contest than they're letting on, but interesting that FEMA backed off. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30001174/
  12. D

Hit this MSN Poll CC on Campus!

imported post http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27706201/ Its currently 41% for, 57% against.
  13. D

Weight limit w/out a belt

imported post I made it through the summer carrying my Ruger P89 on a belt worn over the top of my shorts. Comforting but not terribly comfortable. So I want to get a lightweight gun to carry during the summer, but before everyone starts shouting out "S&W 642", I have one and am not fond of...
  14. D

CC and,ahem, interpersonal activity

imported post I'll try to keep this family friendlly. I'm married for 20 years and well out of dating, so the question never has and never will come up for me. But it seems the demographic here is decidedly young and single so... I'm assuming everyone carries when out on a date. So lets assume...
  15. D

My first "official" OC trip

imported post I've been OC'ing in the car to and from work and when getting gas (often at 4am:shock:, who wouldn't want a gun), and wearing it around the house. But today was my first time at OC'ing into a store. I had to go to Lowe's for some stuff for work. I was dressed in a white t-shirt...