• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by dubccat51

1. D

National Parks Firearm Ban Repealed for CHP holders

imported post I do not know if this law will allow NC CHP holders to carry in the National Parks in NC since this is the NC State Parks official stance on firearms: This is only a regulation so people who have a CHP recognized in NC may well be able to carry a firearm in a national park legally.
  2. D

Proposed National Forest and Gameland Carry

imported post I was looking through the NC Wildlife Commission proposed regulation changes for the 2009 Hunting Season and this is what I found: This would finally allow self-defense firearms to be carried on NC Gamelands and National Forests since some hunting seasons such as coyote season do...
  3. D

North Carolina Firearms Laws Card

imported post I put together a walletcard with all of the applicable statutes dealing with open and concealed carry. Feel Free to save them and shrink them on your computer to wallet size. I hope this helps clear up any misconceptions about North Carolina Firearms Laws
  4. D

A New Concealed Carry Site

imported post Since Packing.org dissapeared, I have been using Handgunlaw.us for concealed carry information, which is harder to use since it does not have all of the laws on-site, but today I got an e-mail about a new site called www.usacarry.com. The site is not totally finished yet, the laws...
  5. D

No Firearms in Arby's Restaurants

imported post I just got off the phone with Joanne Yoder the Arby's VP of Operations in Western North Carolina. I had previously sent her an e-mail about the signs that are posted in accordance with state law prohibiting the carry of firearms. She said that she had talked to lawyers, police...
  6. D

Response from congressman about H.R. 1022

imported post Several months ago I sent a e-mail to Congressman Brad Miller of the 13th district about his co-sponsership of H.R. 1022 the assault weapons ban. As you know the 13th district is a rural, conservative district along the Virginia border with a few constituents in Wake and Guilford...
  7. D

Question???

imported post If there is a sign posted on the door of a private establishment in NC that says "No Firearms" or "No Concealed Weapons" is it a criminal offense to carry a firearm in and you will be arrested orcan the owner just ask you to leave?
  8. D

Student Self-Protection

imported post Hi. I'm a new member to the forum here. I am also a student at Western Carolina University. I just received my CHL and I would like to know how everybody feels about CCW on North Carolina campuses after the whole VT incident. Thereis a big movement online by students to get this...