• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by GeneticsDave

1. G

Twin Falls County Fair and Magic Valley Stampede

Hey all! I'm from Utah. I am usually over on UtahConcealedCarry.com but am an avid OC'er. A couple years ago I went to the Fair in Twin Falls and was approached by no less than 8 officers and 2 canines. They surrounded me and the Sergeant gave me a ridiculous lecture on why it's not smart to...
  2. G

Porcupine 411 in Utah?

imported post Anyone interested in setting up a Porcupine 411 recording service for Utah? Basically it gives us a local phone number to call and record a message in case of imminent arrest, location of a speed trap, desire to meet for lunch, etc. We would get a blog, local phone number...
  3. G

Need a voice recorder

imported post Ok, I already have two voice recorders, but they are old, digital, but old. The battery life sucks and I can only get about 5.5 hours on each one - battery lasts for about 3 full records. I would like to get something with MUCH more recording time and hopefully better battery...
  4. G

Thanksgiving Point Halloween Events

imported post Well, I'm heading down to Thanksgiving Point for their Halloween activities this morning, anyone else planning on going this season? http://www.thanksgivingpoint.com/calendar/events/halloween_central/HalloweenCentral.html Think the kids might like the Scarecrow Festival the...
  5. G

Advertise for OCDO

imported post OK, since SGT Jensen wouldn't share the template he used to paint "open carry dot org" on his Blackhawk SERPA, I had to come up with something on my own. I have some full page label sheets, so I ran one through the laser printer and made my own sticker. I'm not sure how well/long...
  6. G

Happy Birthday to Me!

imported post I think I might OC my M4 today... cause it's my birthday and I'll do what I want to!!! :celebrate
  7. G

Open Carry in San Diego to San Marcos

imported post Hey guys! I'm a Utah subforum guy, but I've been frequenting the PRK quite a bit this summer. Most of my time is in San Diego, Rancho Santa Fe and San Marcos. I brought my sidearm last trip (since we drove), but only carried in Utah and Arizona (NV just cancelled reciprocity with...
  8. G

Getting Sick of All These "Though Provoking" Threads

imported post All these new threads that are started under the false pretense of provoking thought, but are really just starting flame wars have left a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm not saying Good-bye to OCDO, I'm not that petty, and the internet does not hurt my feelings; but I'm just sick...
  9. G

Gun group tours Boise zoo while armed

imported post Gun group tours Boise zoo while armed The Associated Press Edition Date: 07/20/08 BOISE, Idaho — Idaho members of a group that advocates openly carrying handguns in public gathered at Zoo Boise this weekend to tour the area while packing guns on their hips. The 10 members of...
  10. G

How do LEOs view us?

imported post Check out this thread on another forum and you might learn something about: 1. People that are ignorant 2. People that are close-minded 3. People that don't know the law This thread is not meant to bash anyone, just point out some misconceptions and inaccurate views amongst a...
  11. G

Undercover NYPD Officers Frame 4 On Drug Charges

imported post Undercover NYPD Officers Frame 4 On Drug Charges NYPD Investigating Incident, Officers Placed On Modified Duty Undercover police officers who arrested four men on drug charges are under investigation after surveillance video proved the men they arrested committed no crime...
  12. G

Friend Makes it BIG!

imported post Ok, I had to post this to share some excitement. A friend of mine from my neighborhood and high school started writing her own songs a few years ago, I asked her to sing at my wedding, then came CDs and now, after much hard work, she has her own music video! Pretty cool for a...
  13. G

OCDO Meet, July 17th, 7 PM

imported post I wanted to get the ball rolling here for next month as we are already having people ask when our next meet will be. The tentative plan is as follows: Golden Corral 3399 W 3500 S West Valley, UT 84119 July 17th, 7:00 PM We look forward to seeing you all there! Bring friends and...
  14. G

Open Carry YouTube Channel

imported post OK, so I have setup a YouTube channel for us to post videos on. I am uploading the Fox 13 news segment as I type this. I would like to put anything related to OC here. So when ScottyT gets his camcorder feed pulled from the tape, we can post it here as well. Go check it out in a...
  15. G

OC at Thanksgiving Point

imported post OK, the wife and I are going to take the manchild to the Dino Museum at Thanksgiving Point. I looked online and didn't see anything about general policy. I would rather not be kicked out (as I would like to see the exhibit), does anyone know if there is a no-guns policy in effect...