• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by jdgypsy

1. J

Moving to Manhattan KS

Hello all, just told I am being sent to FT. Riley for next duty station. Any words of info for carry in Kansas. I have TX and Idaho permits. Also looking for 3 gun/IDPA/Steel matches. Any info is always welcome.
  2. J

Any one in the Killeen area

Anyone on here living in the Killeen/Ft. Hood area? Anyone into shooting matches, IDPA for example? Always looking for someone to hit up the ranges. There is a new one down in Liberty Hill that has a great set up for some tactical shooting. Long guns and pistols. JD
  3. J

Which Candidates are Pro OC

Been back in TX since Thanksgiving. I want to see what the word is out there for Nov and the candidates that are Pro OC. I did a little digging around on line but nothing definitive, didn't spend a lot of time on line either. I was hoping for some names to take a look at. I am in the Bell...
  4. J

Visit to Louisville/Knox area

imported post Will be in the Louisville/Knox area on Tues-Sun next week (6-12 Apr). Anyone interested in linking up in that area for an OC meet, coffee? Interested in talking about how things run there as to where I have lived in regards to O.C. Will certainly be OCing !!!! Send a PM my way...
  5. J

Visiting Elizabethtown/Knox area

imported post Any words of wisdom for this area as far as OC? Doeslocal LEget over anxious or the local populace bothered by the fact I am excercising my right to carry? Just got to town tonight and will be here for a week. I checked out the laws on where not to go as far as legally. Just...
  6. J

Holster for Sig2340 with tac light

imported post Anyone out there have the Sig Pro 2340 and if so with a tac light? Looking to find out if there is a holster to fit that combo and what it is. I have searched and found nothing. Thanks for any tidbits. John
  7. J

Hello Boise; from TX

imported post Hey ya'll. LOL. Finally sort of settled in, got the house unpacked and fixed up. Start work on the garage tomorrow to get the reloading bench set up. I go back to work next week so I will take advanage of the time. Miss you guys and the group up there in Boise. Had great times...
  8. J

Anyone in or near Killeen ????

imported post Moving back to Killeen in the next several months. Looking to see if anyone in the area is for the push to see OC passed as a law. Interested in building a group to meet monthly and help out as a team to do what is needed to see this through. If interested PM me. When I get...
  9. J

Shooting Practice/Meet and Greet in Boise ????

imported post I was thinking of getting some folks together to go shoot this month before weather gets bad. We should be shooting at least monthly, I know I do. Practice makes perfect and when it counts, you need to be on the mark. We all know of several locations or ranges, and I am suggesting...
  10. J

CC in a location where Alcohol is consumed

imported post Visisting back in Killeen TX again, been out of state for a year now. I have a TX CCL and remember the 51% sign. I know I shouldn't be in there. The question is, while I was not carrying and in a local resturant that served, I looked and didn't see the old 51% sign. There was one...
  11. J

Join in on the vote

imported post Can't get link to swap over. Go to Georgia Open Carry Stories and look for the thread about "guns near obama". Once in there you will see the link. If you don't vote, fine. Take a look at the numbers, it's encouraging.
  12. J

Monthy Meeting Place

imported post For those who were at the Municipal Park in Boise last week, John asked me, or I volunteered to find a place here in Meridian to have a monthly meeting. I found two locations that I think fit our needs. Idaho Pizza 405 E. Fairview Ave. Merdian. They have a nice room that will...
  13. J

Open Carry Manhattan and Junction City Ft. Riley Area???????

imported post Will be traveling in the vicinity of Ft Riley and Manhattan/Junction City area, actually staying there for about a month. I looked and saw that my non resident TX CC and Resident ID permit are good in Kansas. My question is open carry, can it be done in this area? I read up some...
  14. J

Any one want to shoot this week?

imported post Any one thinking of shooting this week? Going on Monday south of Airport, BLM land. Can go any day this week. PM me.