• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by KBCraig

1. KBCraig

Music Midtown Cancelled - Gun Laws? - I Don't Believe It

Interesting. I don't follow Georgia law, so I had only seen brief references to the outrage, but none at all to the history.
  2. KBCraig

Can we turn the profanity filter off?

"Can we turn the profanity filter off?" No. We--any of the few still active members--cannot. As far as I know, the only one remaining with admin powers is John Pierce, one of the founders and co-owners. He is mostly absentee.
  3. KBCraig

BJ's Warehouse against any carry at all.

Never ask permission. If you hadn't asked, you wouldn't have been told "no". The terms of service don't mention firearms, guns, or weapons. But now that you did ask officially, and you were officially told "no", you're bound by that instead of the TOS...
  4. KBCraig

They've been asking the wrong question.

It's easy to convince people that what they already believe, is true.
  5. KBCraig

Can they do this legally? Ashland Concert at Riverfront Park Prohibiting Firearms

I'm not familiar with Kentucky law, so I don't know if they can legally do that or not. The Texas preemption statute was written clearly that only the state legislature, and not any political subdivision, could ban guns in/or any property owned or leased by a government entity. And still they...
  6. KBCraig

Now Legal to Carry in NY

Welcome, new troll. The SCOTUS ruling in NYSRPA v. Bruen did not remotely announce anything of the kind. Do you know what "reverse and remand" means?
  7. KBCraig

NRA Women ~ 'To open carry or not to open carry' article

Cute little "ps: sorry" at the end.
  8. KBCraig

ATF Picking A Fight With Texas Over Texas Made Suppressor Law!!!

Serious minds already know that rights aren't created by nor limited by the founding documents; those limit the government, not the people.
  9. KBCraig

I reject the argument that such activity is a privilege to be taxed. Congress knew they had no authority to ban manufacture, transfer, or possession of NFA items. That is why they chose to apply a prohibitive tax instead. (Thanks to inflation, the tax is no longer outrageous, but the process...
  10. KBCraig

NRA Women ~ 'To open carry or not to open carry' article

FONRA raises money for youth shooting sports. It's not a political activity. "Don't freak out the mundanes" is good advice when you're dealing with a group. I fully support OC as a political statement, but all such statements are more effective when activists choose a time and place that...
  11. KBCraig

I look forward to reading your argument that prevails before SCOTUS.
  12. KBCraig

That tax is applied to intrastate transfers. That's why Wickard v. Filburn, Gonzales v. Raich, and everything that came between and since are relevant to the discussion of interstate commerce and federal authority.
  13. KBCraig

You have a short memory. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich
  14. KBCraig

Slippery Slope June: Cost-Lowering Slippery Slopes by Eugene Volokh. Gun Registration hypothetical.

I didn't read the article, but "slippery slope" is incrementalism. If advocates of a position can keep incrementally moving the Overton WIndow forward, the decline becomes a parabola; the slope becomes too slippery to reverse course.
  15. KBCraig

sidebar regard LE response in latest incident...

How can an explicitly government entity, authorized by law, governed by elected officials, and funded by direct taxation, by non-governmental?