• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by KBCraig

1. KBCraig

Does the Second Amendment Protect Non-Citizens? Judge Menashi finds that Heller limited the Second Amendment to "citizens."

Judge Menashi invoked "at the time of the founding", so he should have spent more time examining what it meant to be a citizen at that time, and what it took to be considered one. One of the complaints in the Declaration of Independence was that the King would not allow free and unrestricted...
  2. KBCraig

On and AFTER 15 AUGUST VALID CWP HOLDERS CAN CARRY HANDGUNS OPENLY OR CONCEALED IN ACCORDANCE WITH SOUTH CAROLINA LAW

Charleston is passing their own rules. http://www.thegunmag.com/charleston-sc-council-doesnt-like-open-carry/
  3. KBCraig

Time to retry constitutional carry bill?

I doubt the LA governor promised anything. Those who flipped felt comfortable voting for passage of the original bill knowing that Edwards would veto, and LA had never before had a veto override session. All of a sudden they had to choose again, and the police industry brought all the pressure...
  4. KBCraig

Time to retry constitutional carry bill?

Louisiana passed constitutional carry by veto-proof majorities. Gov. Edwards vetoed the bill, prompting a veto override session. Three Republicans and one Democrat flipped their votes, and the override failed.
  5. KBCraig

Gun laws barring sales to people under 21 are unconstitutional, appeals court rules

Compared to the status quo, it is a significant victory. That doesn't mean there isn't still more work to be done, and more victories to claim.
  6. KBCraig

congrats to the citizens of Tennessee

Tennessee will still be a legal minefield, and has different standards for licensed and unlicensed folks. https://www.wate.com/news/where-is-it-legal-to-carry-a-gun-in-tn-without-a-permit-what-tbi-says/
  7. KBCraig

Open Carrying on Postal Property

Here, I'll help you out. You directly challenged my statement that 18 USC 930 doesn't apply to "installations":
  8. KBCraig

You said that 18 USC 930 applies to "federal installations". It clearly does not; it only applies to "federal facilities". The title itself is "Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities" (emphasis added). Since you have refused to read that section, I'll quote it for...
  9. KBCraig

LOTT & ex NRA President Keene...failed to do due diligence & got pranked - BIG time!

Did the check clear? No harm. Easy money.
  10. KBCraig

South Carolina has an effective if unconstitutional gun carry permit law …

True. NH usually comes in #1, but that's for registered NFA items (thank you, Sig-USA!). At the state level, we have zero gun registration.
  11. KBCraig

Wisconsin Senate passes AB 293 on voice vote. A Second Amendment sanctuary bill.

Even when Texas passed a Silencer Sanctuary bill, everyone who knows controlling federal law warned people to not be the test case.
  12. KBCraig

18 USC 930 contains the definition you seek. Read it.
  13. KBCraig

A disagreement is not a personal attack.