• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Recent content by modelo57

1. M

WFSB @ noon

imported post On the noon news today one of the lead stories was Starbucks and guns. reporter Kara Sundlan stated that "open carry is allowed in Ct with a permit." Take this as you will. After all WFSB are not fans of guns of any kind, but it was nice to hear.
  2. M

Question

imported post I have a current Ct pistol permit. What doI have to do to get a Mass non resident permit to carry?
  3. M

Too Patriotic?

imported post This isn't gun or OC related, but its a pretty good read. Go to Foxnews.com and type in teacher in the search box. This guy got fired for being "too patriotic."
  4. M

T-shirts

imported post In a different thread the subject of t-shirt sayings while OCing. Here in CT we could wear CCDL shirts or Open carry shirts. If you do wear a theme shirt, why not make it subtle. Example, Marvin the Martian sporting his ray gun. Or Stewie from Family Guy making one of his...
  5. M

Your gonna love this!

imported post Today I was visiting with an LEO customer of mine and the subject of carry (OC or CC) when he told me the most absurd story ever. He always pays his cable bill in person. Sometimes he goes in while on duty (lunch break). When in civvies he was always getting the evil eye from one...
  6. M

I might need help

imported post I'm getting my ducks in a row and I hope someone here can help. Please refer to "I need help" in general discussion for the short details.I'm about to be fired from my job for having a weapon on company property in violation for company policy. Again refer to the other post for...
  7. M

I might need your help

imported post To everyone and anyone. A long story made short. On Sunday April 9Th 2009 I arrived at work to discover the back door wide open. I quickly went for my cell phone to call 911. You guessed it, not in the Jeep. I checked the other four businesses, all closed. A pay phone was...
  8. M

I finally got my holster

imported post It took me awhile, but I finally found a Fobus holster in a gun shop. I would have bought one online, but nothing takes the place of the personal touch. The owners wife showed me the holster, let me try it on and then helped me with the tension screw until my millennium fit just...
  9. M

I finally got my holster

imported post It took me awhile, but I finally found a Fobus holster in a gun shop. I would have bought one online, but nothing takes the place of the personal touch. The owners wife showed me the holster, let me try it on and then helped me with the tension screw until my millennium fit just...
  10. M

Need a holster

imported post Hi everybody, I bought myself a Christmas present this year, a Taurus PT 145 Pro Millennium .45ACP. A real sweetheart of a pistol. My problem is finding a holster that this fine pistol fits. The holster for my Government Model will hold it, but the draw is all wrong with the...