• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. OC-Glock19

OC at the Hoadly Road IHOP

imported post I went out for a late breakfast with the wife yesterday at the Hoadly Road IHOP. I took off my winter coat after we were seated (IHOP doesn't serve alcohol so CC was okay), and shortly after that 4 Virginia State Police came in for a meal. I went to the restroom and passed them...
  2. OC-Glock19

Nevada ACLU backs gun rights

imported post Link to news story. I wonder if this will start a trend?
  3. OC-Glock19

Democrat Paul Nichols' End of year pig roast

imported post My elected representative is having an end-of-year party with music and drinks and, of course, roasted pig. His flyer didn't clarify for the uninitiated that firearms must be carried openly, so I replied to his e-mail and Cc'd everyone on his list the following clarification...
  4. OC-Glock19

Best-selling disaster supply item in New Orleans is -- Rifles

imported post From the Outdoorlife.com blogs: August 27, 2008 Guns and Gustav We just got a call from Devline Rossell, a charter captain based out of Venice, Louisiana. He was shopping in New Orleans to get some supplies before the arrival of Gustav (currently listed as a tropical storm...
  5. OC-Glock19

Judge Advises Crime Victim to Buy a Gun and Learn to Protect Herself

imported post Link: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_130537.asp General Sessions Court Judge Bob Moon said Friday that crime in Chattanooga "has become so rampant that it is no longer possible for the police department to protect our citizens." He told a woman who had been pulled...
  6. OC-Glock19

Link to the complete decision in Heller v. D.C.

imported post http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/07-2901.pdf
  7. OC-Glock19

Ask Governor Kaine a question on WTOP News

imported post Today at 10:00 a.m. Governor Kaine will be on WTOP's Ask the Governor program. You can call in and ask him a question on the air, or you can submit a question online right here. We need to hold his feet to the fire about his double standard regarding "guns in bars." Here is the...
  8. OC-Glock19

Headaches

imported post Does anyone else suffer from what feels like a bad sinus headache after a couple hours of shooting? This is seriously affecting my enjoyment of the sport! I'd really like to know if there's anything I can do to prevent/mitigate it in the future, other than not going to the range...
  9. OC-Glock19

Is vmathis really Larry the Cable Guy?

imported post Is our own vmathis12019 leading a double life? Judge for yourself.
  10. OC-Glock19

Restaurant question:

imported post I just got a BUG this last weekend and I was going to go out to eat tonight and was wondering if I can openly carry my main gun and leave the BUG concealed. I can't find anything in the Virginia code that that addresses this satisfactorily. Any help would be appreciated. (Edited...
  11. OC-Glock19

New story on WTOP about Andrew Dysart and GMU

imported post Here's the link to the story: http://wtopnews.com/?nid=644&sid=1216820 Be sure to leave a comment (you have to log in or create a user account to do so). Let's flood the story with pro-gun facts before the emotional people start posting about their feelings.
  12. OC-Glock19

Am I required to open carry?

imported post I was confronted with a different situation last week and I didn't know what to do. I was going shopping with my wife at Wegman's on Monument Drive in Fairfax and I was carrying my 1911 under my shirt. I got to the cheese section and there I saw an employee dispensing samples of...
  13. OC-Glock19

Carrying concealed or openly at the polls today

imported post Well, I just spent an hour combing through the Virginia Code, and I can't find a law prohibiting weapons at the polls. Can anyone verify this for me?
  14. OC-Glock19

Run-in changes lawmaker's stance

imported post Tuesday, May 15, 2007 Phillip Morris Plain Dealer Columnist It's funny how a gun can in stantly change your perspec tive on things, make you wish you could rewrite history. State Rep. Michael DeBose, a southside Cleveland Democrat, discovered this lesson the night of May 1...
  15. OC-Glock19

Open carry at Wegman's grocery store

imported post I went to Wegman's today with my family and was in the store for about an hour while open carrying my 1911 in a Blackhawk CQC SERPA holster. I thought the store wouldn't be crowded on a Sunday afternoon, but I was wrong. That place seems to be busy all the time! A couple of years...
  16. OC-Glock19

Some States Put Untrained Cops on Duty

imported post "Four months into his job, a police officer in Mississippi holds a gun to the head of an unarmed teenager and puts him in a chokehold. A rookie officer in Illinois gets into a car chase that kills a driver. And a new campus policeman in Indiana shoots an unarmed student to death...
  17. OC-Glock19

Open carrying a rifle?

imported post I was just wondering what the law is regarding open carrying a rifle versus a handgun. Obviously the logistics of carrying are totally different since a handgun is in a holster and you aren't handling it, and the rifle would either be on a sling or carried by the stock. For...