• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. C

Son's Knife confiscated for no valid reason...

Hi there, I know this isn't an open carry story, but I digress. My son was stopped on Saturday night for being in a public park after closing. During the stop the police officer had him empty his pockets and confiscated his folding pocket knife. He currently hasn't been charged or cited, but...
  2. C

Attempted Robbery/Kidnapping at South Hills Village

imported post http://www.wpxi.com/news/18003167/detail.html?rss=burg&psp=news Couple of disturbing things here: 1/ The mall's CYA mode. What are they saying here? "We are committed to providing a safe..." blah blah blah. Well if that's true they YOU'RE FAILING MISERABLY. 2/ The reporter's...
  3. C

Kicked out all over the darn place...

imported post Got kicked out of South Hills Village (just outside of Upper St Clair, PA) by a friendly-enough plain-clothes mall security guy. Interestingly enough he asked if I was a police officer (standard introduction of the ignorant), then told me that the mall had a "no firearms" policy...
  4. C

Open Carry in Sbux -- Police Called

imported post Well just had my first police confrontation. It was wonderful :) I go to a number of sbux around town to do work on my notebook. All the ladies/gentlemen that work at the different stores know me and we get along just fine. Today a couple of Greentree's finest (Greentree is just...