• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. I

District Court Judge Dismisses Heller II lawsuit

imported post Judge rules DC's onerous registration rules are constitutional and upholds ban on so-called assault weapons and standard capacity magazines. Applies "intermediate scrutiny" instead of strict scrutiny to DC law and basically takes as gospel DC Council committee report on the post...
  2. I

Lawsuit filed for carry in the District of Columbia

imported post Here is the complaint filed this afternoon
  3. I

Washington Times explores lack of carnage from legal handguns

imported post Today's article from the Washington Times. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jul/17/legal-guns-not-used-one-year-later-no-report-of-on/?feat=home_headlines
  4. I

Nordyke v. King Decided by 9th Circuit - Second Amendment incorporated

imported post Opinion is here. http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastore/opinions/2009/04/20/0715763.pdf Note, court upheld Alameda County's prohibition on gun shows as reasonable regulation.
  5. I

So called assault weapons ban

imported post The city council last night passed the first reading of the long awaited rewrite of its firearms control bill. It contains among other things a ban on so-called assault weapons. It appears the Brady folks essentially wrote this bill. I am attaching a copy for everyone's...
  6. I

Councilman Mendellson Introducing Amendment to Emergency Gun Legislation

imported post It appears District of Columbia Councilman Phil Mendelson is proposing an amendment to the currently effective "emergency" gun control legislation to allow semi-auto handguns :celebratewith some type of high capacity magazine possession limitation. It is not clear whether it will...
  7. I

NSSF First Shots Program For DC Residents

imported post The National Shooting Sports Foundation is holding a First Shots class this Sunday August 24, at the Arlington-Fairfax Chapter, Izaak Walton League, 14708 Mount Olive Rd in Centreville, VAfor DC residents only. They are offering a free gun safety course, which includes firing time...