• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. P

VA CHP in place of NICS check?

imported post I'm curious if a VA CHP is usable to purchase a handgun?
  2. P

New Mexico DPS attorney weighs in on carry in alchohol establishments

imported post I found a memo/training bulletin on the DPS website that clearly explains carry in a alchohol dispensing establishment to be illegal short of the recent changes. http://www.dps.state.nm.us/training/safePursuitAct/docs/newsletters/Newsletter%20-%20Guns%20and%20Alcohol.pdf This...
  3. P

Former US Diplomat proposes NAZI style crackdown on US Citizens

imported post The disarming of America LAST week's tragedy at Virginia Tech in which a mentally disturbed person gunned down 32 of America's finest - intelligent young people with futures ahead of them - once again puts the phenomenon of an armed society into focus for Americans. The likely...
  4. P

CC Question for OCer's

imported post I know this can be a very touchy subject, but I need to know if occasional CC is done without a permit. I know what the law says. I also know that I concur with the opinion I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. I wouldn't CC unless absolutely neccessary and am not planning...
  5. P

Charlotte Gun Show

imported post There will be a gun show at the Merchandise Mart in Charlotte on 28-29 April. This is a disarmed victim zone - beware. Pursuant to NC General Statute § 14‑269.3. Carrying weapons into assemblies and establishments where alcoholic beverages are sold and consumed. (a) It shall...
  6. P

Charlotte Metro Area Training

imported post These classes are being offer for those interested in the Charlotte Metro Area @ Firepower in Matthews To sign up contact Firepower @ (704)849-2828 For more info visit http://www.eaglerockts.com/OurCourses2.html CCW classes are $120 Basic Handgun Training is $75 Saturday...
  7. P

Galco Combat Master CM-250

imported post Galco Combat Master CM-250, Sig P229 I purchased this holster a few weeks ago and now that it is broken in, I love it. It is fairly comfortable on my hip. I wanted the FX with the thumbstrap, but they were back ordered. US Galco isn't the place to buy them though. Just search...
  8. P

OC at Olive Garden restaurant

imported post Has anyone here ever OC'd at a Olive Garden restaurant? I'm supposed to eat lunch with some folks there and am curious if they have any coporate policies against OC'ing. Thanks, Matt
  9. P

Modern Technique auth. by. Lt. Col. Jeff Cooper(Ret.) USMC (RIP)

imported post I was looking around the net and stumbled across this site on Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper_(colonel) . It has got me to thinking now, though I did not know who delveloped the concepts here, I do use them. Is this technique used in the majority of hangun...
  10. P

CHARLOTTE POLICE OFFICERS SLAIN

imported post Run-ins with law part of suspect's past KYTJA WEIR AND GARY L. WRIGHTkweir@charlotteobserver.com function PopupPic(sPicURL, sHeight, sWidth) { window.open( "/static/popup.html?"+sPicURL, "", "resizable=1,HEIGHT=" +sHeight+ ",WIDTH=" +sWidth); } Demeatrius...