• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Who says OC can't save your life...From the non human kind

I was doing an evening dove hunt yesterday with 6 other guys. I was the only one carrying a sidearm. It was past legal dove hunting house so guns were unloaded and put in cases. My buddy and I were headed out when we came across 2 hogs about 300 pounds. The biggest I've seen in OK thus far...
  2. B

Assistance needed with OC/CC at gun shows

While I have searched many times (forum search, advanced search and topic by topic) on here and can't find the info (I know its got to be on here) about the legality of carrying at a gun show. Hell froze over and I have tomorrow off and will be going to the gun show here in OKC. I've yet to be...
  3. B

No Gun sign vs spouse

How many of you have a spouse or sugnificant other who isn't into the gun cloture as much as you and when it comes to the "No Gun signs" and not patronizing such places it causes issues. Here is why I ask. My wife is pro gun and me carrying but when it comes to the gun free zones she could...
  4. B

CC/ OC in a commercial vehicle-legal or not?

I haven't found any info as of yet but I was told today that it is illegal to carry in a commercial vehicle. My place of business allows us to carry (request we CC and not OC). Well we also deliver products all over OK. In the past it was fine if we carried. Apparently the big boss/owner was...
  5. B

Why you shouldn't talk to the Police

I posted this up in the VA forum as its filmed their. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc This was posted on a forum I mod and I found it very interesting. Not only for the content but that it was filmed in VA and has a VaBeach LEO (I moved here last year from VaBeach VA) telling all...
  6. B

Why you shouldn't talk to the Police

I did a search but couldn't find this posted already. If I DID MISS IT well, sorry about the double post. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc This was posted on a forum I mod and I found it very interesting. Not only for the content but that it was filmed in VA and has a VaBeach LEO...
  7. B

New BBQ for OCDO Picnic

imported post I want one really bad. Figured this would be acceptable for a VCDL and OCDO BBQ.
  8. B

Pro Gun lawyer in Benton Country for Judge

imported post I wanted to pass along that Dave Petersen is running for Benton County District Court Judge in November. Why do I bring this up now. Because he also happens to be my oldest brother. He finally decided to run as he is sick of all the wrist slaps criminals are getting these days...
  9. B

OK legislative bill tracking

imported post Does anyone know how to track new bill being introduced? The only link I could find wasto bills headed for the Gov's desk. As a VCDL memberI liked seeing what new billshad been introduced when I lived in VA. I'd sure like to know now that I live in OK what the heck the OK Gov is...
  10. B

Oklahoma member count

imported post Now that I am in OK and OKC for that matter. I'd like to do whatI can to get the word out here in OK about open carry. Aside from word of mouth to thoseI know here its a matter of where to begin and with who.
  11. B

Miss my OC RIGHTS

imported post Wanted to post a quick note that I'm still alive and well. work has be working different hours each week and sent away on deployments. I really miss being able to OC. A right only those who have the RIGHT ALLOWED TO THEM can appreciate. All I can do here in Oklahoma is CC and...
  12. B

Found another "NO WEAPONS" sign

imported post I was sitting in the car waiting for my friend who was inside whenI seen the "NO WEAPONS" sticker for the first time. At the corner of Birdneck and General Booth blvd in Va Beach at the gas station next to McDonald's. (can't remember if its a Texaco or Conico) I seen the little...
  13. B

New alcohol permits approved for Waterside

imported post Found this on Pilotonline.com Norfolk City Counsel is concerned about the crime at Waterside these days. Wonder what they have to say about the OC there now. http://hamptonroads.com/node/514307
  14. B

Passing through my music land

imported post Hay y'all I'll be passing throughTennessee (on the 40) in July when I move to Oklahoma City. My VA CWP is valid so I'm good there however ifI read correctly and am not as tired as I feel I am. OC isby permit and in your vehicle only ifI understand things correctly. I was under...
  15. B

Passing through y'alls state in July

imported post Hay y'all I'll be passing through Arkansas (on the 40) in July when I move to Oklahoma City. My VA CWP is valid so I'm good there however ifI read correctly and am not as tired as I feel I am. OC is a no go ifI understand things correctly. I was under the impression it was OK...
  16. B

4th of July GT & Fireworks

imported post I have attended the fireworks show at Mt. Trashmore the last 3 years and OC'd as well with no issues. Seeing as in I'll be alone on the 4th of July and days away from my depart of VA for Oklahoma I figured I'd ask.... Who all would be interested in having a GT at one of the area...
  17. B

Custom made leather holsters

imported post I'm really thinking about having a custom made leather holster made for my S&W .40 and even one for my wifes Taurus .38 that works for both OC and CC. Has anyone else thought about it as well? Something to complement your carry piece. I have a buddy who does custom leather work...
  18. B

VCDL Picnic in Newport News - June 6th

imported post Who here is planning on attending the up coming VCDL picnic in Newport News? I attended the one last year with my wife and kids (my boy had his holster and cap gun)(was also the boy in the Nightline video strapping it on). I'll be attending solo this time. Just wondering who may...
  19. B

Will be leaving VA soon.

imported post Took a trip to Oklahoma City last week (just got back in town) and the wife andI found a place. We will be moving in May 1st. I will be back to VA for a short while then back to OKC for at least the next 3 years. While we will be renting for the time being I'm glad to say that the...
  20. B

Oklahoma here I come

imported post Come May 1st the wife, kids and I move to our new place in OKC. I will be coming back to VA for a short time but then go back to OKC for at least the next 3 years. We are renting for now and the owners are about as Pro gun as you can get. When I asked the owner if guns are OK he...