• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. I

Not an open carry question but...

Hey guys, this is not an open carry question, but I know you guys know the answer to it. Looking for some answrs. I've been open carrying, and recently got my cc permit. I know the typiical places that we can't carry like places that serve alcohol, and places that charge admission like shows and...
  2. I

University???

Hello, There is a possibility I may begin working at a university soon. Is there any way of keeping my firearm in my vehicle while parked in their parking lot? Ill have my concealed permit, and I'm willing to keep locked away in a vault bolted in the vehicle. Or am I being force to disarm...
  3. I

Question about permit

Sorry for the cc question, but I'm sure some of you have one anyway, even though you may choose to oc. I'm going for my cc application tomorrow. Now when I did the ppp application, I answered no to the whether I have ever been arrested, as my record was sealed/expunged as a minor. I was approved...
  4. I

Starting to see more people oc

Starting to see more people oc'ing here in Greensboro. :D saw someone carrying his Glock in Lowes food on Guildford road today. I know its not a big deal, but it seems like its always me carrying round these parts. Good JOB, hope to see more. Maybe high point and greensboro pd will start...
  5. I

Score one for the good guys

Not really an oc story, but one worth mentioning anyway. I love stories where the bad guy has to run away in fear, almost as good as the ones where the bad guy doesn't GET to run away in fear. Good job on this one. Clerk Fires Gun During Attempted Robbery, Police Say...
  6. I

First bad experience

Well I figured it would only be a matter of time. I was ocing in Greensboro, and had entered a parking lot on wendover where I was about to go shopping. I was exiting my vehicle, and there was a local gpd who I guess was on a post there. When approached he asked if I intended to enter the store...
  7. I

Question, would this be considered concealed?

Whats up, I was doing some thinking and came up with something im not sure about. I have a vault style safe that is mounted to the rear seat in my wrangler and opens with a key. I oc, but in the event that I have to drive with people in my vehicle who I dont really want to know I carry, can I...
  8. I

wow you guys were not kidding?! dont ask LEO for advice

wow you guys were not kidding?! dont ask LEO for advice. I was driving through High Point, and started to speak with a cop about something unrelated, when we got on the topic of open carry. While he goes on to confirm that YES OC is legal, he also began to tell me tales of how it is meant more...
  9. I

Agressive behavior towards oc'er???

What's up guys? If you guys read my prior post, I live in Greensboro, and fairly new to open carry. I was ocing today by Gander Mountain, was with my wife, and completely minding my own business. Did my shopping, and headed out to vehicle when my wife received a cell call. So we stopped to speak...
  10. I

anybody ever notice aggressive behavior when oc?

What's up guys? If you guys read my prior post, I live in Greensboro, and fairly new to open carry. I was ocing today by Gander Mountain, was with my wife, and completely minding my own business. Did my shopping, and headed out to vehicle when my wife received a cell call. So we stopped to speak...
  11. I

First experience open carrying

Well folks, I've owned rifles and shotguns my whole life. After relocating to NC from a very restrictive state, I figured I would apply ASAP and get my PPP. Picked it up today, and purchased my first handgun, a G23. Don't know if this qualifies as an oc experience, but I had to step out of my...