• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2011 Annual Rio Ranc Get-Together 12/28..

Holey 1

Let's keep it here

Glad it was a good turnout. I had hoped to get away but could not. If discussion about future get-togethers could be kept out of facebook and in here I think that would be better- the more traffic in here the better IMO and I don't think there are any rules against it.

Holey 1- I did not know you were in the SF area. There are a couple of minor things I'd like to ask about having you do, if you'd be open to that.

I agree, let's keep it here. It's simple, easy and it's already being done here.
We'll just wait for someone to suggest a get-together and start throwing out places and times until we get it figured out.

AH.74 I sent you a private message with contact info.
I'm sure willing to take a look but remember, my second 40' semi trailer with the lathes and milling machines and other assorted heavy equipment are still in WA and will be for a couple months yet. I've got the first trailer here and a shop partially set up now so I can get a lot done as is, but fancy machine work will have to wait until I've got it all set up.
Call or email me , let me know what you need and I'll tell you if I've got the tools here to do it now. I'm not charging anything for the next 65 days so this is the time to get those pesky little problems out of the way.

Holey 1

Bring yer wife!

It was great to meet everyone I had a great time see you all next time

RogueAussie, Are you gonna bring yer wife next time?
I think you should, just so's she's not interuptin' our important meeting stuff with her phone calls.:)
Just raggin' on ya. Seriously, bring her along next time. Whatsername thinks it would be nice to get more women involved. She mentioned sumpthin' about excess testosterone er sumpin', I wasn't listenin'.

AH.74

Holey 1- thanks, email and PM sent.

Nothing requiring much in the way of tools.

There is one guy in town I've had do some minor things, but his costs are not what I think are reasonable. I have also gone down to Charlie's in Abq, they do good work but of course it requires going down there.

It'll be good to have another local option.

TravisNM

If discussion about future get-togethers could be kept out of facebook and in here I think that would be better- the more traffic in here the better IMO and I don't think there are any rules against it.

I'm going to vote we do both. I've previously been a volunteer event coordinator for another online forum. I found the best way to reach the most people (thus getting a higher turn-out) is to use multiple popular methods of event info dissemination. In this case the OC.org forum has poor default settings for notifying members of events or forum updates for their state. I recommend we first post an event in our OC.org NM sub-forum and then cross-link that thread with a New Mexico OC facebook group for those who use facebook. After that people are free to spread the word by linking to the forum thread and inviting people to the facebook group. If there are no objections I would like to take the reins here.

RogueWarrior

RogueAussie, Are you gonna bring yer wife next time?
I think you should, just so's she's not interuptin' our important meeting stuff with her phone calls.:)
Just raggin' on ya. Seriously, bring her along next time. Whatsername thinks it would be nice to get more women involved. She mentioned sumpthin' about excess testosterone er sumpin', I wasn't listenin'.

Oh she will be at the next one for sure :cool:

AH.74

Travis, you know what they say- it's your idea so you're in charge! Sounds great to me, thanks for doing it.

Holey 1

Take the reins and run with it!

I'm going to vote we do both. I've previously been a volunteer event coordinator for another online forum. I found the best way to reach the most people (thus getting a higher turn-out) is to use multiple popular methods of event info dissemination. In this case the OC.org forum has poor default settings for notifying members of events or forum updates for their state. I recommend we first post an event in our OC.org NM sub-forum and then cross-link that thread with a New Mexico OC facebook group for those who use facebook. After that people are free to spread the word by linking to the forum thread and inviting people to the facebook group. If there are no objections I would like to take the reins here.

Travis as far as I'm concerned, the reins are yers.
Go for it.
I just need to see it here too cause I don't do facebook.

RogueAussie, glad to hear she's a commin'.
Can't wait to meet the gal who can put up with the likes o' you.
Oh yeah, it Was good to finally meet ya.

Damien

Travis, I like that Idea.. The reason I suggested Facebook or meetup in the first place was due to the lack of response we got from the last meet we did. Cloudcroft can attest we had plenty of notice and we both even messaged others with plenty of notice yet only got 3 people. We need to get the word out. Take the reins if you would like.

-Damien

TravisNM