• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A little more on bank OC.

Mordecai

This happened a while back.

I OC at ENT Federal Credit Union all the time at the branch near my house. No one cares. In fact the guard, and another guard that replaces him sometimes, have no problem with it. They actually encourage it.

I went to another branch one day where they do not know me, and the guard told me that I wasn't allowed to bring my gun inside. I told him that according to ENT's policy, that yes I can carry in the bank, and kept walking. I got the same thing from the teller, and told her the same thing. She didn't look happy, but she did serve me.

When I got home, I emailed ENT and asked them if there had been any changes in their firearm policy. They replied "We ask that our customers consider leaving their firearms in their vehicle." So I said to myself "Fair enough. I will consider it (and continue to open carry while I do my banking."

since9

Campaign Veteran
Update - ent no longer allows oc

I OC at ENT all the time, as well.

That is, until about a month ago, when I walked in and saw "NO FIREARMS ALLOWED ON PREMISES" signs.

The signs have since been removed, but the security guard earlier this week asked me not to carry, and when I raised my eyebrow, he said he'd been told by ENT management to ask customers who open carry to put their firearms in their vehicles before returning.

I wrote them a long letter a month ago, but never sent it. I suppose the flack they received from other customers was sufficient for them to remove the signs (took all of about a week). Unfortunately, ENT management appears to remain under the false impression that gun-free zones whereby law-abiding citizens are deprived of the means to defend themselves are somehow safer than simply respecting the Constitution.

I think I'll finish that letter.