• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Am I extreme to want to OC?

mp06011999

When I told that friend's princess bride that if I ever get stopped by police I will simply say to them, "I plead the 5th" and will not answer any of their questions without an attorney present she asked why would I do that if I have nothing to hide, have done nothing wrong. Silly girl. I asked her did she miss the part "anything you say can and will be used AGAINST YOU" and that nowhere does it say "will be used to help you". Again, she thought me too extreme. Reminds me of a scene in Easy Rider where Jack says people love to wave the flag, preach freedom, kill to secure freedom and will fight you if you tell them they aren't free, but it scares the hell out of 'em when they actually see freedom.

I knew I needed to end the discussion with her before it got too heated and so I ended it with "yep, crazy extreme me trying to exercise my rights. So silly of me".

Sadly though, MANY believe as she does - if you don't have anything to hide..... Yea, right. And worse yet, they make up juries! :banghead:

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

When I told that friend's princess bride that if I ever get stopped by police I will simply say to them, "I plead the 5th" and will not answer any of their questions without an attorney present she asked why would I do that if I have nothing to hide, have done nothing wrong. Silly girl. I asked her did she miss the part "anything you say can and will be used AGAINST YOU" and that nowhere does it say "will be used to help you". Again, she thought me too extreme. Reminds me of a scene in Easy Rider where Jack says people love to wave the flag, preach freedom, kill to secure freedom and will fight you if you tell them they aren't free, but it scares the hell out of 'em when they actually see freedom.

I knew I needed to end the discussion with her before it got too heated and so I ended it with "yep, crazy extreme me trying to exercise my rights. So silly of me".

Sadly though, MANY believe as she does - if you don't have anything to hide..... Yea, right. And worse yet, they make up juries! :banghead:

The part I bolded is one of my biggest pet peeves. Glad you were able to keep your cool.

mikeyb

Like many of the former liberty minded colonies north of Virginia, the bearing of arms is not what civilized citizens do. Did you not know we have cops to do the bearing of arms for us.

I drink tea; doesn't that make me civilized? And bear arms (not bare arms). So I guess that kinda makes me like a piece of buttered toast taped to the back of a cat. :p;)

OC for ME

I drink tea; doesn't that make me civilized? And bear arms (not bare arms). So I guess that kinda makes me like a piece of buttered toast taped to the back of a cat. :p;)
Sweet tea.....maybe. I don't like toast and I shoot stray/feral cats. So, I don't get the reference.

Washington, a yankee state as far as I am concerned.