• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Experience in Laurel, MT?

bwarren917

Hey OCF Members,

Anyone have a negative (or positive) experience in Laurel, MT? Sometimes I get uncomfortable with OC in new places as I have not quite adjusted to OCing everywhere, yet... Sorry if some of my posts seem a little strange at times.

acmariner99

I'd say just do it. If you don't have a MT permission slip, you have to OC in town anyway. I've OCed in Missoula and Kalispell without issues. Most people really don't seem to care or notice. I don't even bother putting it away when I visit Montana.

The first few times I OCed I was a bit nervous, but I started in places that I frequented - actually my first OC was in a bank (AZ), proceeded to do some grocery shopping, and was surprised nobody said anything. After a few trips it became 2nd nature. I don't OC as much anymore since I carry a compact that is easily covered by the light jackets I tend to wear.

Wstar425

I've OCed at the Walmart and at that pizza shop a little to the west across from the car dealership in that little mini mall. I know they noticed at the pizza place, but no tells at WM. Everybody has their nose stuck in thier phone, and I was a fast mover getting my grub and ammo. I guess the guy at the ammo counter noticed. It's been a while. Used to stop there going east waiting for my logbook to catch up to me before crossing the scale.

I used to stop at all the Walmarts looking for 9mm during the "shortage". They seemed to have it or I hit it on the right time. Park City, Utah always had .40 but never any 9.

New job, no firearm in the truck here, but home almost every night. I'm uncomfortable now when I'm unarmed/not OC. It takes a while, the more you do it the more you realize people just don't notice and the LE pretty much don't care as long as you are minding your own business. I'm out and about taking care of business while armed, not standing on the corner trying to be noticed. Not saying there isn't a time and place for that, just not me, right now.

Last edited:

bwarren917

Hey OCF Members,

Thanks for the replies, everyone. That helped quite a bit. I'll be OCing into AutoZone with my P226 today, and will try to go down to Laurel tomorrow (depending on my schedule).

Wstar425

Hey OCF Members,

Thanks for the replies, everyone. That helped quite a bit. I'll be OCing into AutoZone with my P226 today, and will try to go down to Laurel tomorrow (depending on my schedule).

I OC a P226 SAO. Too much gun to try and conceal, unless the weather is cold enough for a jacket. I've decided to OC instead of changing the way I dress. Shirts hanging out looks sloppy!! :cool: Don't wear sweatshirts. Sport coats are so 1980s.....but I do it anyway when I have to. I'm a tucked in shirt/collar/pocket guy! :eek: I do have other, smaller firearms, but the 226 is such an awesome firearm that it is hard to leave behind.

You'll be fine, I'm betting you get no response from anyone. Isn't there an AutoZone right there at the corner turning north back to Walmart. I seem to remember there being 2 or maybe three auto parts places all right together there, which I thought kind of strange.

Last edited:

bwarren917

Hi Wstar425,

Yea, it's a great gun! Such a reliable gun! Mine is the MK25 version. Next time you are in the area, we should meet up and chat for a bit? I setup an event that you are welcome to join if you are ever in the area (mid June). I've got a friend who used to be a trucker, so I understand that schedules can be unpredictable at times.

As far as AutoZone goes. Yes, its really close to Wally World.... I put a map below of the AZ I will be going to early this evening if anyone happens to be in the area and wants to stop by while OCing.... ;)

Screen Shot 2015-03-29 at 3.48.42 PM.jpg