• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arts Beats and Eats

PDinDetroit

Is anyone besides PDDetroite posting in that comment section. There are a lot of misinformed people there, including some CPL holders who are spreading misinformation.

There are a few, but more is always appreciated! Get out there, hit the links, and enter info in the comments area of each.

google "open carry arts beats eats".

PDinDetroit

After discussions with sprinklerguy28 and scot623 and some research, I believe that we have a solution to the situation the City Of Royal Oak is facing with this issue which should allow for a Win-Win-Win. It does depend upon some information that I currently do not have available as it is not approved yet, but we can make some reasonable assumptions about it. I will be documenting this solution, sending to the Royal Oak City Attorney, and will post the same here. This information should be available later this afternoon.

PDinDetroit

We heard back that the article will be delayed until Friday or Sunday due to other news issues on-going. This is good, as there will be more space in the Friday/Sunday Paper and more information can be reported at that time. I believe that if the News Article is in the Sunday paper, it will help bring Public Focus to the Monday Commission Meeting.

B

Bikenut

The singular reliance on an emotion based argument should not only be publicly addressed, but countered calmly with facts logic and law.

I understand what you mean... yet facts, logic, and the law, mean absolutely nothing to a person who "FEELS" they are so special it is their divine right to have everyone do what they "FEEL" should be done.

The person driven by their "FEELINGS" will not be impressed with facts, logic, or the law. Indeed... when presented with these things they will respond only with more intense "FEELINGS".

"FEELINGS" cannot be countered with facts, logic, or the law. "Feelings" can only be manipulated, directed, and made use of by those who understand the emotional mind. For proof just look to the election in 2008.

"FEELING" hopey changy yet?

Reading the comments below articles written about AB&E the one thing that stands out is many folks are operating on the FEELING of fear. Yes, fear. Their comments show they "feel" intimidated, they "feel" nervous, they "feel" afraid, and some "feel" their manhood is under attack. And they all respond with an attack of their own.. an attack directed at the thing they fear..... those who do not share their fears.

AB&E could very well be the definitive event that shapes the fight for OC... and CC... in this entire State. AB&E isn't even about guns, nor are all the illegal local ordinances about guns.... it is all about how much power local government has... or doesn't have.

And Royal Oak, AB&E, and every municipality all over the State with illegal ordinances that is watching this understands that if they lose the fight over their ability to control guns... they lose their power to do as they wish with much more than just guns.

This isn't about guns folks... this is all about the power that those in government think they have... and will fight to keep.

Ok... I'll get down off my soapbox now... my apologies to those who read the whole thing.... but I "feel" better!!!

eastmeyers

... yet facts, logic, and the law, mean absolutely nothing to a person who "FEELS" they are so special it is their divine right to have everyone do what they "FEEL" should be done.

The person driven by their "FEELINGS" will not be impressed with facts, logic, or the law. Indeed... when presented with these things they will respond only with more intense "FEELINGS".

"FEELINGS" cannot be countered with facts, logic, or the law. "Feelings" can only be manipulated, directed, and made use of by those who understand the emotional mind. For proof just look to the election in 2008.

"FEELING" hopey changy yet?

Those whom understand logic need no explanation, those who don't will never understand it!
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

detroit_fan

I just read this on there-

Mary Reed Mataczynski wrote-

I'll be at a huge 3-day event this weekend and I'm willing to bet that I won't see one gun (in a pocket of pants or attached to an ankle in some sock holder) except on the professional police officers paid to help with crossing at large intersections. Let's all continue this in person next Monday night at the RO commisson meeting? Okay? I truly believe Michigan Open Carry is pushing their agenda and it's highly likely most of that group doesn't even attend AB&E every year like I do..

I'd like to see the look on here face when she loses that bet.

edit- is there any way to make bold or colored text? I'm still figuring out the "new" forum

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Hmmmmm.....

There is a thread somewhere about a newspaper printing the name, address, and a photo of the house, of a man involved in a defensive shooting. Much ado was made about how terrible it was for the paper to put this man's information out into the world....

And now there is a post with the name of a person that doesn't agree with OC right out there in the internet world.

Somehow that does not compute to me.

detroit_fan

Hmmmmm.....

There is a thread somewhere about a newspaper printing the name, address, and a photo of the house, of a man involved in a defensive shooting. Much ado was made about how terrible it was for the paper to put this man's information out into the world....

And now there is a post with the name of a person that doesn't agree with OC right out there in the internet world.

Somehow that does not compute to me.

She used that as her username

Ruckus

So for the previous two days I have mentioned the Valenti & Foster Show on 97.1 The Ticket would be discussing this issue. The first day they didn't discuss as they had mentioned. Yesterday they promo'd it all day and still didn't discuss it. Well, today they finally discussed and I think they did an honest, reasonable, and responsible job. They didn't push a lot of libturds through and they had a fair amount of callers on who were supportive of the right, and critical of Royal Oak and AB&E. I would even venture to say it was borderline pro-carry. They also remained low key and nobody involved in the discussion got really over emotional. I tried to get through and even though I had an answer for a question they posed, the screener said "that is not specifically the direction we want to take this, but I'll pass your info on to Mike and Terry."

The show's take was that the media was irresponsible in their reporting and felt that they were fear-mongering the public. Terry was afraid that the irresponsible reporting could potentially cause the less than 1% irresponsible gun carriers to come to AB&E and cause an unfortunate situation. Mike's take was that he would rather be among lawful, responsible gun carriers than unlawful, irresponsible ones. They didn't get down to the nuts and bolts of the issue at hand, but I think that is because they wished not to promote the legality of open carry or the illegality of Royal Oak's actions.

Now the rest of the story...On the second day when they promo'd it all day I was not looking forward to hearing them bash us and act all emotional like the previous show had done. I had reason to believe they would. I call and text regularly on the show. A couple-few hours before their show I got Terry's detnews and cbsradio email and sent him a message asking that he consider the facts, that I provided, of what's really going on with us, RO, and AB&E, before they got involved in over-emotional dialogue. I also directed him to this thread.

When Terry opened the topic on today's show he mentioned that several listeners had emailed him regarding this topic and that one had led him to a website of the group involved. He mentioned how he thought we were good, responsible people and that he recognizes our rights and his fear is not placed with us. His issue is the media irresponsibly reporting what's going on and the possibility/fear that it will pull the less than 1% nut job out that we should be worried about to AB&E.

Anyway, I can't be positive that my email appealing to him to know the facts before they had an emotional field day at our expense, changed the direction of the promo'd show from the day before, but I just wanted to pass along what happened with the anticipated Valenti & Foster show I kept posting about. He did say that they had a pre-show meeting about this yesterday and that their program director knows a little about MI firearm laws and verified that what we were saying/doing was perfectly lawful.

PDinDetroit

So for the previous two days I have mentioned the Valenti & Foster Show on 97.1 The Ticket would be discussing this issue. The first day they didn't discuss as they had mentioned. Yesterday they promo'd it all day and still didn't discuss it. Well, today they finally discussed and I think they did an honest, reasonable, and responsible job. They didn't push a lot of libturds through and they had a fair amount of callers on who were supportive of the right, and critical of Royal Oak and AB&E. I would even venture to say it was borderline pro-carry. They also remained low key and nobody involved in the discussion got really over emotional. I tried to get through and even though I had an answer for a question they posed, the screener said "that is not specifically the direction we want to take this, but I'll pass your info on to Mike and Terry."

The show's take was that the media was irresponsible in their reporting and felt that they were fear-mongering the public. Terry was afraid that the irresponsible reporting could potentially cause the less than 1% irresponsible gun carriers to come to AB&E and cause an unfortunate situation. Mike's take was that he would rather be among lawful, responsible gun carriers than unlawful, irresponsible ones. They didn't get down to the nuts and bolts of the issue at hand, but I think that is because they wished not to promote the legality of open carry or the illegality of Royal Oak's actions.

Now the rest of the story...On the second day when they promo'd it all day I was not looking forward to hearing them bash us and act all emotional like the previous show had done. I had reason to believe they would. I call and text regularly on the show. A couple-few hours before their show I got Terry's detnews and cbsradio email and sent him a message asking that he consider the facts, that I provided, of what's really going on with us, RO, and AB&E, before they got involved in over-emotional dialogue. I also directed him to this thread.

When Terry opened the topic on today's show he mentioned that several listeners had emailed him regarding this topic and that one had led him to a website of the group involved. He mentioned how he thought we were good, responsible people and that he recognizes our rights and his fear is not placed with us. His issue is the media irresponsibly reporting what's going on and the possibility/fear that it will pull the less than 1% nut job out that we should be worried about to AB&E.

Anyway, I can't be positive that my email appealing to him to know the facts before they had an emotional field day at our expense, changed the direction of the promo'd show from the day before, but I just wanted to pass along what happened with the anticipated Valenti & Foster show I kept posting about. He did say that they had a pre-show meeting about this yesterday and that their program director knows a little about MI firearm laws and verified that what we were saying/doing was perfectly lawful.

You rock sir! This is HOW it works, all of us in the effort together to ensure that our rights are not usurped.

detroit_fan

Bravo! :monkey :monkey :monkey :monkey