• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Badge or No Badge?

Do you wear a Badge when you open/conceal carry?

• All badges all the time for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CaptBW

imported post

I am not a cop. Repeat NOT A COP. Why the hell would I want to look like a cop?

I have the highest respect for the boys in blue. Don't want their job!

Lthrnck

imported post

[suP]Every post here suggests a badge... My thoughts are, you are all thinking shield or star something that looks similar to a LEO's badge. [/suP]

[suP]Well what about something totally different. Say a 3 inch round disk with ... say a large red border 1 1/4inch wide.. a smaller blue3/4 inch band inside that border and then a white center with the state seal and your license/permit number on it.[/suP]

[suP]Badges don't have to look like LEO badges , but if it makes the Sheeple graze easier, then who knows...[/suP]

[suP]The "badge" would be issued along with your license/permit and the LEO's would know you hold a CCW licnese/permit. Also once the word got out, the sheeple would have some sort of "VALIDATION" that you are a good guy. [/suP]

[suP]After all why don't sheeple get upset when they see a LEO, the uniform and badge give "VALIDATION" to the person wearing it.. the sheeple think okay he's a good guy.. so they relax and go back to grazing.[/suP]

[suP]Just a tought to ponder..[/suP]

CDAT

imported post

tracylaud83 wrote:
BTW

Poll at top doesn't show LEO's ?

so they would almost have to answer badges all the time.

As a FLEO I took it to be when off duty, I have my badge with me but do not have it out for anyone to see.

Lezchap wrote:
inNV wrote:
The idea behind them is that of you have to draw and/or use your gun in self defense, and the cops show up..you show your badge so they don't shoot you..not so they don't investigate what happened. Imagine you have a man at gunpoint, and a cop shows up, how does he know who is the BG? Flashing a badge might stop him from putting a few rounds through your chest. I see the logic behind them, but I still wouldn't get one, waste of money.
In EVER situation I've seen where Police come across a man pointing a gun at another person, they'll draw (for their defense) and order you to put the gun down first BEFORE they open fire. This is whether you're the good guy OR the bad guy, doesn't really matter.

Having a badge isn't going to change the matter. In everything I've seen, Police don't open fire unless the person with a gun ESCALATES their threat level...ie take the gun from the low ready to pointing it at someone, taking the gun out of their holster, etc. As long as you reduce your threat level as soon as they arrive, you'll be put in cuffs (safety till they figure out wtf is going on), but you'll not be shot.

Badges = bad idea, false logic, and false advertisment. Also, I hope ANY cop who says he'd shoot anyone they see with a gun as soon as he arrives on scene gets fired or repremanded, and if he ever actually pulls such a stunt, charged and locked up with the Bubba he caught the week before.

If I am ever in an off duty shooting and am holding the BG at gun point when the local PD show up, I expect them to disarm me and put me in cuffs in the back of a car tell they can find out what has happened. Now with my FLEO badge will probably make everything go faster but even with it they do not know me and so will have to call and find out that it is real.

I have also be a volunteer firefighter and our badge was not a shield badge for just the reason our chief did not want us to look like cops, but at the same time the badge isthere showing the public that we are there for them.

Lezchap

imported post

My point is that they're not gonna shoot on site...they will attempt to disarm you and only shoot if you make yourself a further threat...badge or not.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Badge = bad idea. For so many, many reasons.

1) It adds to the false notion that you need a badge to carry a gun.
2) We're trying to undo that brainwashing.
3) It's just going to piss-off the cops.
4) Your CC/OC does not make you special.
5) The badge implies that you think you are.
6) This indicates, to me, that you have the wrong attitude about firearms and carry.

Why is this thread still going... Oh yea, cuz I posted something in it...

agentw0

imported post

It is sad to say but there are some in my area that drive Crown Vic's, Spotlights and all and sport those badges that really think they are some type of Law Enforcement. I look at them as a Joke, but they continue on, most of them are security guards, some I think may be Constables or maybe even Bail Enforcers, but I think they are all under the Impression that they have some type of LEO Authority. From the looks of most of them, I don't think they could fight thier way out of a wet paper bag, let alone pass any type of LEO qualification test or physical.

On a personal note I am also a FLEO, I always carry my credentials but I would never produce them unless it was a work related action. I also prefer never to openly carry unless I am going to the range.

Legba

imported post

Carry badge? No.Some guy flashed one of those in the shop here and I advised him to lose the thing. When a real cop flashes one, I tell them they had better have a departmental photo ID to go with it, if it's not prominently displayed already. These badges deliberately create confusion and are of no benefit, and potentially create serious problems, not least for the bearer. Hell no.

-ljp