• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Borroum's Drug Store experience

independence

Had lunch OCing at Borroum's Drug Store in Corinth, MS recently. Waitress wrote down my order and then said jokingly, "If I get that wrong are you gonna shoot me?"

Everything went fine, though. I had my first slugburger and to my surprise, I liked it! There was this one guy who stared at me the whole time from his table but nothing else really to report.

I was having lunch with a friend who sometimes CC's and he asked me a lot of questions about OCing. It felt good to show him that no one freaked out because of OC.

Kopis

I live just outside memphis and OC quite frequently in TN. About a week before MS went OC i was down in southaven and was stopped for fuel when i saw 4 LEOs talking outside so i went up and asked them. They puffed up and responded how the law was going to be "unpassed" (is that a word?) and the lawmakers didnt know what they were passing (um that's scary), furthermore the only reason to OC is to intimidate/scare poor defenseless citizens and that if anyone OCed mothers would shield their children, run screaming in fear and panic as i walked around oh and that the world would collapse into a black hole around me. Sorry for the long run on sentence.

Strangely, no of that has happened........

independence

davidmcbeth

Banned
AG's opinions are not binding ... guberment loves them when they expand their authority and will tell a court about it extensively ... when against guberment, they say it does not matter.

MyGlockisaRedneck0

Really?

AG's opinions are not binding ... guberment loves them when they expand their authority and will tell a court about it extensively ... when against guberment, they say it does not matter.

Don't know where you are posting from but in Mississippi, A-G Opinions are utilized by local, county, and state government to head off law suits caused by idiotic rules and regulations. Usually, an A-G Opinion is all that is needed to get such idiotic rules and regulations removed.

Of course, you are correct that such A-G Opinions are not "binding" because only legislative acts/laws and court orders are "binding." In Mississippi, A-G Opinions carry a lot of "weight" with all levels of government.

Daylen

Don't know where you are posting from but in Mississippi, A-G Opinions are utilized by local, county, and state government to head off law suits caused by idiotic rules and regulations. Usually, an A-G Opinion is all that is needed to get such idiotic rules and regulations removed.

Of course, you are correct that such A-G Opinions are not "binding" because only legislative acts/laws and court orders are "binding." In Mississippi, A-G Opinions carry a lot of "weight" with all levels of government.

Even in ms AG opinions hold only as much weight as tinker bell. If city officials don't like it then the opinion is usually refereed to as "just an opinion". However, if the opinion says someone can be arrested they will strap it to their posteriors and declare it sacrosanct. It does seem Hood is good at getting people to take his more seriously than some AGs in the past however.