• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL Mission Statement

bennettprescott

Opt-Out Members
imported post

Yeah, protecting sounds even better.

I made a few other changes as well, let me know what you think. I'm trying to get it even shorter and more powerful.

The Connecticut Citizens' Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the inalienable right of all people to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our civil rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success of this nation, and in particular that the right to self defense, and the tools to actualize that defense, is fundamental and inarguable.

gregwa

imported post

Ok, I know I'm a nit-picker, but I really don't like "inarguable." How about "inviolable"? Or "inveterate"? How about "incontinent"?? Insolent? Inordinate??? Maybe "inviolable" is best.

uskrusader

imported post

I also am very encouraged by this process....I like the way this is progressing.

Do we have to use the word "tools"? How about "arms"?

Some might say that we are the"tools". :(

GoldCoaster

imported post

romma wrote:
Code:
As for the shirts, I want my shirt, I want to wear it to my company picnic this summer (they have stuff in their employee handbook about not having guns on the property) but it won't cover images of guns on tee shirts.

No, but bynext years picnic, you'll have new handbooks out to cover "Assault T-Shirts"...
Well given my other namesake the preppy murderer it wouldn't surprise me that they'd want to protect themselves against me and assault clothing.. hahah

GoldCoaster

imported post

uskrusader wrote:
I also am very encouraged by this process....I like the way this is progressing.

Do we have to use the word "tools"? How about "arms"?

Some might say that we are the"tools". :(
I've been referred to as that on a few occasions.. but probably NOT what you were thinking about though.

romma

imported post

Alright folks, are we close to a proposed draft that may pass with relative ease at the next gathering?

Let's hear some feedback, so we can maybe tackle another item soon here if possible.

uskrusader

imported post

The Connecticut Citizens' Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the inalienable right of all people to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our civil rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success of this nation, and in particular that the rights to self defense and thearms to actualize that defense,are fundamental and (best word?)
my changes,

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

uskrusader wrote:

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our civil rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success of this nation, and in particular that the rights to self defense and thearms to actualize that defense,are fundamental and (best word?)
my changes,
(best words) maybe this undeniable or not to be denied

uskrusader

imported post

We welcome anyone who believes that the defense of our civil rights is critical to the longevity of our freedom and to the success of this nation, and in particular that the rights to self defense, and thearms to actualize that defense,are fundamental and undeniable.

bennettprescott

Opt-Out Members
imported post

I've got no problem with undeniable.

The only reason I used "tools" instead of "arms" was to make it clear that firearms are just one tool... if they try to ban kitchen knives, we'll be angry about that too, even though they're not a traditional arm. This is the same reason I refer to "all people" instead of something less broad in the second sentence.

uskrusader

imported post

well, I understand yer point, I think thats why we'll call them arms and not firearms.

I think we should have the right to carry blades as well.... over 4 inches or whatever the law currently restricts.

romma

imported post

And the human bug zappers too. More women (And even men) would probably consider carryingtasers and related items to protect themselves if they were legal to do so.

romma

imported post

If we are a word or two off hopefully we can come to agreement here,and if we have to hammer it out in debate at the next meeting and put it to a vote, that is okay as well... We all agree on the cause more so than anything else. We are certainly on the right path.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

I think that this forum is the perfect place to hash this out. Since we are only concerned about a word or two, lets try to finish this here so that we will have more time at the next meeting for other matters. Just my 2 cents.

Oh and while I think of it. Are there any objection to me getting a PO Box in the name of CCDL, so that we have a mailing address? Just another time saving measure for the next meeting.

romma

imported post

Code:
Oh and while I think of it. Are there any objection to me getting a PO Box in the name of CCDL, so that we have a mailing address? Just another time saving measure for the next meeting.

Lenny, something we should maybe do, send this proposition out via our email to all themembers on the list, and then invite them here to hash it out. That way, everyone gets the alert that we are discussing it, and can hopefully join us.

Just My idea to get people pulled in to participate.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

I agree 100%, lets do that so that we can finish this topic. Leaving more time on the meeting agenda for the items tabled last time and new business.

Maybe attach the link to this thread, for some that have never been here.

romma

imported post

Code:
I have no objection, but we are fast developing issues that mean we need a properly recognized structure, and an ability to handle donations, fast.

You are so right Bennett. Or, we can print some up, like the .Gov!

Fundraising, and budgetary projections will be a hitting point soon.