• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCW permit

MSRebel54

If you could substantiate such a claim I would be greatly indebted and you would be my hero! Actual proof of common law adhereing to the MS consitution would be wonderful.

Ditto. I too, would be very grateful to you, for this would be VERY substantial information to take up the ladder.

MilProGuy

Don't shoot the messenger but, guys ya'll be very careful if you refuse to relinquish your weapon to an officer if he or she asks for it. Officer safety goes a long way in court and if that officer has reasonable articulable suspicion that he or anyone around him has been, is currently or may later be in danger or any laws has, is or about to be broken by you carrying a gun, the law and courts are on his side, and he doesn't have to tell you his reasons.
All he needs is probable cause or reasonable articulable suspicion to ask you for your weapon and on the side of a road with an LEO isn't the place for a debate... You may never know what his reasons are. Like I say, don't shoot the messenger but please keep this in mind. Complaints against the LEO can be filed later and you get to go on about your business.

And this wise counsel comes to us compliments of one of Mississippi's fine law enforcement officers.

Thank you, DeputySheriff!:D