• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 1st Sunday of the Month 1-3pm

M

McX

no thanks, too much hot air there, and as of late too many lowlifes per cubic centimeter.

benraines

This Sunday Is The WCI Member's Meeting

I would be going to the Starbucks meet this coming Sunday but I've been told that is the day WCI has it's annual member's meeting. I'm a headin to the annual meeting with the g.f. Have to make the next Starbucks git together in may.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I would be going to the Starbucks meet this coming Sunday but I've been told that is the day WCI has it's annual member's meeting. I'm a headin to the annual meeting with the g.f. Have to make the next Starbucks git together in may.

I cannot make it to the annual meeting so I plan on still being at Starbucks this Sunday.

M

McX

no thanks,i wont be attending either. a quiet day at home, or working with my kids down at the shop on their cars is the order of the day for me.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Myself & two other gunnies headed to the WCI meeting yesterday. The drive was mostly in the countryside and the scenery was a change of pace from looking at the city all the time. I didn't do a head count at the lodge but there were a good number of us there. There was a lot of information presented to us about the lawsuits and upcoming legislation from the anti's in Wisconsin. Some of the legislation coming up I had not heard of before yesterday and it is something all of us should be very aware of. I don't have facebook so I don't know if WCI posts that kind of info on their page.

I'm looking forward to the next Starbucks get together. The weather should be very nice by that time.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
First Sunday Of The Month Coming Up!

I'll be there Sunday. This weekend I think is going to be very nice weather. Another freedom loving American is riding shotgun with me Sunday. Hope to see a bunch of you this Sunday!:cool:

T

>The_Liberal<

Pardon me if I'm being rude, but is there a point to these meetings?
1. Do you guys actually do anything?
2. Do you have any real goals with bringing your loaded guns to a coffee shop?
3. Do you think about how this makes anyone but yourselves feel?

Again, I don't want to be rude I know this is your website. I just don't understand why you could bring loaded guns to this place. Sometimes children go there.

protias

Again, I don't want to be rude I know this is your website. I just don't understand why you could bring loaded guns to this place. Sometimes children go there.

1) Yes
2) Sometimes
3) Don't care what other people think about me.
4) We do think about the children and how often they are the ones who need the most protection.

paul@paul-fisher.com

1. We hang out and drink beverages and talk about stuff.
2. See # 1. The other goal is to allow the general public to see that normal people carry guns.
3. Doesn't matter.

The key is, I open carry everywhere I go so I am not trying to make a point. I just so happen to make a point of showing up at Starbucks on the 1st Sunday of the month. Since I carry my gun everywhere I go, it would be with me.

As for children, what are you trying to say? Not sure what that has anything to do with it?

Last edited:

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan

Twenty children were slaughtered at Newtown. Why? Because no one was there with a gun to protect them. You know, "the good guy with a gun"? When we show up at this Starbucks, we buy things. We tip well. The management and staff know we are "the good guys (and gals) with the guns". If you are truely concerned about "the children", why wouldn't you want them in an environment where honest, moral, law-abiding armed citizens were present? I have 5 grandchildren. The oldest is 4 1/2. When I take him to the park he says: "Don't forget your gun, Grampa". He knows I'm the "good guy". :)

Last edited:

MKEgal

That sounds a lot like another rabblerouser Paul & I have had contact with.
Must be one of W"AV"E's sheep. Talks like them.
(ETA: or maybe it's another sock puppet.)
>The_Liberal< said:
is there a point to these meetings?

...I just don't understand why you could bring loaded guns to this place.
Sometimes children go there.
0. yes
1. yes
2. yes (and they wouldn't be good for much if they weren't loaded)
3. no, I'm not in charge of anyone else's feelings
4. we can because it's a right (2A), just like it's a right to meet with friends (freedom of association, 1A)
5. yes, some of them come with our members. What's your point? You don't think children are worth protecting with the best available methods? What kind of whackadoo are you, not wanting children to be safe?!

Last edited:

Phillip

Excellent questions. Way it sounds they just do stuff and then more stuff.