• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Entrapment at Seahawks games?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I would agree with you, that verbal baiting etc. is beyond the pale and the cop shouldn't do it.

Iow, if a uC wearing a Raiders jersey is asked "you like the Raiders?" . Saying " yes" perfectly ok

Otog, saying "yes, and the Seahawks F*in suck! Your team sucks! They are a bunch o talentless child molesater!" is inappropriate

Yes. It has to be inappropriate. For example, in VA the disorderly conduct statute includes language calculated to cause a disturbance. I'm betting VA is not the only state.

If a cop is baiting someone like that, he is definitely calculating to cause a disturbance. In such cases, its the cop who needs to be arrested. For the speech, not just in those cases where violence does occur.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

The whole concept of wasting tax payer money to arrest a few drunk and disorderly football fans in a football stadium is counter-productive.

Multiply the number of football games (lets say NFL only) x the number of fans attending the games. Then add the number of fights, then add the number of vicious assaults, then add the number of riots based on the fights and vicious assaults. The number is very low in comparison to the amount of games x the amount of fans attending the games.

I believe its a clear waste of police man power.

Just my .02

CCJ

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
The whole concept of wasting tax payer money to arrest a few drunk and disorderly football fans in a football stadium is counter-productive.

Multiply the number of football games (lets say NFL only) x the number of fans attending the games. Then add the number of fights, then add the number of vicious assaults, then add the number of riots based on the fights and vicious assaults. The number is very low in comparison to the amount of games x the amount of fans attending the games.

I believe its a clear waste of police man power.

Just my .02

CCJ

Which just goes to prove they're inventing things to do to justify budgets and so forth.

OCbaldguy

I wouldn't think just wearing the jersey is entrapment. Here would be my suggestion. If an opposing fan starts taunting you or someone near you, pull out your camera phone and start recording. If it turns out to be a cop, chances are high it will be thrown out as entrapment. However, there have been cases of unprovoked violence, hawks fans urinating on opposing fans, and even a couple of hawks fans duking it out in the bleachers. It gets a little ridiculous there sometimes. If cops are undercover to catch that kind of stuff, then i would say they should just wear hawks jerseys and stuff. They can observe that any time as long as they're not in a cop uniform. People just need to be smart. I think everyone deserves to enjoy the game, even opposing fans.

I went to the Patriots game last year. We sat in the hawks nest next to some pats fans. They were cool guys. We talked crap back and forth but no one got butthurt and everyone had a good time. They were celebrating until Russell threw that bomb to Sidney Rice, then we were celebrating. There's a certain amount of crap talk that will happen, but people have to know where the line is, and try to avoid crossing it.

OC for ME

Cops need to arrest folks in uniform, not camouflaging themselves, in that setting.

Entrapment, no.
Good policing, definitely not, in my opinion.

MattinWA

This is the usa... our police should not be hiding to try and trick people into assaulting them. Piss poor policing! Oh by "plain cloths" I ment Not undercover, plain cloths for their job (plain police uniforms), sorry for the confusion. Its any ugly path they are starting to travel, one that needs exterior over site. Police policing themselves is a joke. That kind of power ALWAYS corrupts in an unlimited scale of time... matter of when, not if...

Difdi

Otog, saying "yes, and the Seahawks F*in suck! Your team sucks! They are a bunch o talentless child molesater!" is inappropriate

That would also be fighting words/breach of the peace. I imagine an undercover cop who got arrested would have trouble living it down...

MattinWA

That would also be fighting words/breach of the peace. I imagine an undercover cop who got arrested would have trouble living it down...

I would imagine an undercover cop would not get arrested for this, unless the FBI is also doing a sting on seahawks fans and happen to be there. Police are incapable of policing themselves, history has shown

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was entrapped at a Seahawks game .... they said it was going to be a football game but instead the Seahawks took the field.