• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

federal lawsuit filed against radnor lake ranger unlawful arrest ak-47

Pagan

imported post

What is wrong with fishing for lawsuits? Cops fish for warrants all the time.

Government paid instigators join a group or public internet forum, make a few shady comments, and see who agrees with them. And dependng on what words or actions are used to show their agreement, a warrant is issued and arrest are made.

What's good for the goose ........

RussP

imported post

Jadon wrote:
This forum (Tennessee) and every post made by Mr. Embody seem to always turn into a "bash" against Law Enforcement Officers. Looking back on the posts from those who are apposed with the methods in which Leonard Embody partakes, it's followed by a quit response by someone supporting him and commenting on how ridiculous the officers’ actions were.

Mr. Embody, with all due respect sir after watching the video of the Belle Meade incident it is clear to me (IMO) that you were a total smartass to the officers. They were responding to a complaint, tried to reason and your attitude was simply uncalled for. I don't know you and as an avid gun rights activist, I don't care to. You say you want to be left alone, yet you go out looking for confrontation with law enforcement. What is the goal here? To change laws? Make the public aware of their constitutional rights or simply sue every officer you come into contact with?

You have been banned from every other forum you post at except this one, and honestly I don't know why. Maybe it's the fact you have more support here, I truly don't know. There are ways to change/challenge laws in this great country and the way you go about it, isn't one of them. IMO you should feel ashamed of yourself Mr. Embody. Not only because of your some what childish actions in the eye of the public but for the way you treat every man and woman who decides to wear a badge and protect people just like you.

Paul Harvey puts it in great perspective for you and everyone else who has an issue with Law Enforcement (Link posted below). Just remember Mr. Embody, some day you may need the help of the same men and women that you choose to sue, because they are upholding the laws written by those NOT wearing a uniform.

If I had as much time on my hands that you apparently do, I would love to come witness your hearing on your permit revocation. I’m curious though, if you don’t get it back what comes next? Are you going to sue the judge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliP7l0zwU8
Good post, Jadon.

RussP

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Handguns are clearly defined in tennessee code.An officer making a stop should know the law before stopping someone with RAS for breaking said law. If they do not know the law governing a criminal act how can the have RAS? The point I make is that any handgun can be a nfa firearm. That does not mean cops can stop everyone carrying a handgun, unless they have RAS that the handgun is a nfa firearm.

It works the same for vehicle stops. Cops can't stop cars becuase they might be breaking the law. There needs to be a law the driver has broken or some regulation the vehicle is not meeting. The cop is tasked with knowing the law which is being broken. Any car may have a driver or passenger or cargo which is illegal, but until they have RAS they can't stop the car.
For those new to the story, why did you switch from carrying the S&W Model 29 to the AK pistol?

slowfiveoh

imported post

Jadon wrote:
This forum (Tennessee) and every post made by Mr. Embody seem to always turn into a "bash" against Law Enforcement Officers. Looking back on the posts from those who are apposed with the methods in which Leonard Embody partakes, it's followed by a quit response by someone supporting him and commenting on how ridiculous the officers’ actions were.

This statement is vacuous. I am turning your comment here inside out and not seeing anything of value. Other than perhaps you are attempting to substantiate some sort of ideology that those who believe Leonard is correct, are nothing but "officer bashers".

I couldn't disagree more, and although your response was very polite, it is patently wrong. Just because an individual disagrees with the actions of the officers, does not indicate a universal hatred for law enforcement.

That is simple hyperbole.

Jadon wrote:
Mr. Embody, with all due respect sir after watching the video of the Belle Meade incident it is clear to me (IMO) that you were a total smartass to the officers. They were responding to a complaint, tried to reason and your attitude was simply uncalled for. I don't know you and as an avid gun rights activist, I don't care to. You say you want to be left alone, yet you go out looking for confrontation with law enforcement. What is the goal here? To change laws? Make the public aware of their constitutional rights or simply sue every officer you come into contact with?
What we have here certainly is interesting:

He was stopped and detained, by your own admission, for a complaint. You state that his attitude was "uncalled for", but offer no insightful reply to the act of him being stopped in the first place, nor the incredulous activity of the officers, or their blatant, and obvious lack of knowledge of the law.

Sir, LEO's are not the guardians of the free world, no matter how you try to paint them. They have an extremely specific role in our society, and I assure you that stopping people who are in no way breaking the law, is not any sort of meaningful excuse for violation of individual rights. So that it is clearly understood, I do not hate LEOS! I think it is a noble role that unfortunately some of the wrong people get into.

Your commentary would be acceptable if it didn't absolutely evade the following:

--The stop was originally unwarranted, and no PC or RAS was evident.

--No laws were being violated.

--The female officer was obviously attempting to goad Mr. Embody into admitting to creating a "dangerous situation" as it applied to the officers, which it did not. Otherwise, she would not have had to engage in such dialogue.

--The officer who removed his firearm clearly was incompetent with said firearm, pointing it in random, horizontal directions during the video, while "checking" the firearm. Clearly pulling the hammer back several times during the "check" as well.

--With several officers on scene, and clearly no danger to the officers, despite their attempts to create it, they allowed several people to jog on by, breaking the law. Not only breaking a law, but breaking the law in exactly the manner they specified they could have cited him for if he did not have the vest on. Interesting partial treatment.

Can you comment on these behaviors, or did these observations simply not occur?
Are these actions excusable because they wear a badge?

Jadon wrote:
Paul Harvey puts it in great perspective for you and everyone else who has an issue with Law Enforcement (Link posted below). Just remember Mr. Embody, some day you may need the help of the same men and women that you choose to sue, because they are upholding the laws written by those NOT wearing a uniform.
You apply far too much confidence in law enforcement. In fact, I would suspect you of being law enforcement.

Care to confirm or deny that?

Individuals are responsible for their own protection. When this is thrown away as casually as it has been in our society, there is growing belief that protecting ones self is some sort of criminal act. Along the way, the role of the police in our country has grown tremendously from years gone by, but only in so much as enforcing often meaningless laws, or showing up in time to deliver body bags post-crime.

Occasionally such incidents as the North Hollywood shootout occurs, and police square off against legitimate criminals. you bet your posterior I am rooting for, and in full support of police at that time. However, it would have been nice if the state of California allowed people to be able to defend themselves in the first place. Wouldn't it?

On the same token of bravery assigned to the officers in that shootout, we have incidents like Medford. I am sure this is acceptable as well, and to speak ill of this incident, would vilify me and paint me as just another dirty "LEO Basher".

Whatever floats your boat.

Jadon wrote:
If I had as much time on my hands that you apparently do, I would love to come witness your hearing on your permit revocation. I’m curious though, if you don’t get it back what comes next? Are you going to sue the judge?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rliP7l0zwU8

What an ass, right? I mean, if his permit is in fact revoked in light of the horrible reasoning displayed in the documentation he has provided, then it was certainly revoked for all the wrong purposes.

It's so much more sensible to simply roll-over than to pursue righting a wrong.

So much hypocrisy, so much hyperbole, so much needless, unwarranted fear.

But hey, at least you didn't use caps eh?

deadpool2

imported post

I hope Jadon continues and even if he doesn't oh well... and so what if he is LEO. He can't have an opinion??? I've noticed that anytime Slow disagrees with someone he A: Can't see the logic int their argument, B: Accuse them of being a "Troll", and C: Accuse them being a Police Officer ( like its a bad thing). I for one wish people like Slow could opt out of Police protection and/or assistance. We could even have little cards printed out for them that say in big bold letters " I don't need the Police", or " I state your name am a super vigilant human being and am therefore totally aware of my surroundings, even while I sleep. So thanks but no thanks officers." Then the Police could stop wasting their time with you and help those who can somewhat appreciate what they do. Fortunately we have men and women in this world who are willing to sacrifice their time and possibly their lives to help even those who despise them.

I'm sure now I'll be accused of not having a valid argument, or being a troll, or worse of all... a Cop.

slowfiveoh

imported post

GL8360 wrote:
I hope Jadon continues and even if he doesn't oh well... and so what if he is LEO. He can't have an opinion???

Of course he can. Please state, very clearly, and without anger or hyperbole, where I stated that he could not?

If you do not see the underlying purpose to my questioning, then perhaps an application of abstract thought, or critical thinking is needed.

My purpose behind questioning whether or not he is a LEO, was to understand if he harbored the same critical, judgemental thought process towards some of the activities the officers took part in.

Basically, I just want to know if he is being fair. Nothing more, nothing less.

GL8360 wrote:
I've noticed that anytime Slow disagrees with someone he

A: Can't see the logic int their argument,

B: Accuse them of being a "Troll", and

C: Accuse them being a Police Officer ( like its a bad thing).
I fixed your horrible composition for you. Easier to read this way.

So, please cite examples for all of your claims. I will provide my responses below.

A.)
False. I provide an alternative point of view that is more equitable in positioning, and point out the senseless, fear derived commentary by people who spout things like-

"An AK Pistol? How stupid!"

"You carried according to the law? You're stupid! You should have carried normally, and in a holster, even if its against the law!".

"You shouldn't challenge authority!"

Or other nonsensical cow feces. In fact, the comments in reply are typically, as yours is, very short, and accusatory.

No facts.
No meaningful debate.
No substantiation of any point.

Just:

"Slow is stupid"

or some random, infantile attempt to try to vilify me, like, "LEO BASHER!".

Rather juvenile to be blunt.

B.) Two of the people I have "accused of being a troll", were in fact trolls. I have had long conversations on this forum with people in a meaningful, and intellectual manner, without any inference from either parties that one of us was a "troll".

Please note that two of the people, the two I rightfully referred to as "trolls", have been removed from the site for blatant violation of site rules, and rampant personal attacks against other members.

There goes that argument, although I am very sure you will attempt to say I didn't see the "logic in your argument".

You should just call me names. Maybe it will make you feel better.

C.) I have already stated repeatedly, and in several threads all over this forum, that I in no way advocate LEO bashing. had you opened your eyes briefly, you would have realized this self-evident truth.

GL8360 wrote:
I for one wish people like Slow could opt out of Police protection and/or assistance. We could even have little cards printed out for them that say in big bold letters " I don't need the Police", or " I state your name am a super vigilant human being and am therefore totally alert of my surroundings, even while I sleep.
Interesting. My survival, and personal protection, is my own responsibility. Your opting me out of "Police Protection" would have very little impact on my life.

I guess I am just not lazy enough to believe that Law Enforcement is my personal "body guard on call".

I have to laugh for a moment at something you said though, because it's outright hilarious.

"...I state your name am a super vigilant human being and am therefore totally alert of my surroundings, even while I sleep."

Um. Do the police sit at the foot of your bed while you sleep? Seriously? What kind of seriously stupid comment is that?

Asleep, awake, either way I take responsibility for protecting myself and my family. What would you do? Cower in a corner, hope you don't die, and reach for your cellphone? Let me know how long it takes for them to respond, and how many people have died and how much personal property was stolen before they arrive.

While I am blown away by your non-point, rest assured any criminal breaking into my house would be blown away by hollow-point.

GL8360 wrote:
So thanks but no thanks officers." Then the Police could stop wasting their time with you and help those who can somewhat appreciate what they do. Fortunately we have men and women in this world who are willing to sacrifice their time and possibly their lives to help even those who despise them.
I wish they would stop wasting their time arresting people for thought-crimes. I also wish they would stop harassing people and violating their individual rights.

There is certainly necessity for police in our society. Investigation of crimes, and enforcement of laws, are certainly a couple of reasons.

Were you more filled in to this topic in the slightest, you would have realized that the police are not there for our protection. (Castle Rock vs. Gonzales)

Their role is noble, but the orientation of their duties skewed.

GL8360 wrote:
I'm sure now I'll be accused of not having a valid argument, or being a troll, or worst of all... a Cop.

Certainly to your first claim.
Nonsense to your second and third.

Please bring substantiation and citation in the future. Oh, and for the love of God, stop thinking the police protect you while you sleep, and start taking responsibility for your own protection.

Jadon

imported post

To answer your question Slowfiveoh, no I’m not nor have I ever been an Officer of the law. I can honestly say I do not have what it takes to do what they (LEO’s) do. Sure there are (and as the inspiring message from Paul Harvey states) there are some that “abuse” the great power given to them by the governor of the state for which they so work. However, it puzzles me that Leonard Embody seems to come across every “bad apple” out there. Which in turn raises the question; Who is the problem here? Previous members (“trolls” or not) have asked the same question but always seem to get condescending responses from those that seem to support Leonard Embodys’ actions. You seem to be an avid supporter of Mr. Embody and his actions, thus comes the great debate within every forum he (Embody) starts.

By condescending I am referring to: “I fixed your horrible composition for you” and “What kind of seriously stupid question is that?”, there are a few more but I think that makes the point I’m getting at. Sure, you may not be coming out and calling people names but the damage is just the same. I think everyone is extremely clear on where you stand by now as you are usually first to have a quick rebuttal.

Lets look “outside” the box for a moment if you don’t mind. Mr. Embody has repeated on more than one occasion that the caller told the dispatcher “I wasn’t worried”. That’s fine, however if the caller simply passed Leonard (in his vehicle) isn’t it quite obvious that most people wouldn’t be as they (he) was no longer in contact with him? Also, who is to say that the caller wasn’t part of the act and called to initiate the confrontation for Mr. Embody? The fact is no one here other than Leonard knows the answer to that and IMO his word means nothing to me. No that is not a “bash” on him, I just don’t know him. That being said, who is to say his statements on his apparent record with the Nashville Police Department are true? What do we have to go by other than his word? Who here can honestly say “I know and have known Leonard Embody for quite some time and he would never tell a lie”? It’s puzzling to me that an individual with such a background of confrontation is never in the wrong. Who is to say that there were or were not witnesses to Leonards incidents at Costco or with his exparte? I for one would be very interested to see the complete reports of his incidents so that some questions would be answered. With that I have to ask you Mr. Embody, would you care to post them?

The fact is, a man carrying a weapon in his hand down a busy street and having an AK style weapon (with an orange painted tip) slung over his shoulder in a busy park is outside the norm in other words that just isn’t something people expect to see on a daily basis. Sure, he was by all means apparently, in his legal right to carry such a weapon in his hand. However, to do so just to have a confrontation with an officer obligated to respond and in turn use it to sue is IMO flat out ridiculous. I think it’s safe to say that you weren’t at either location (Belle Meade and the park) to enjoy a nice walk or exercise and you by all means would have not been satisfied if a LEO had not approached you.

Mr. Embody, are you truly a gun rights activist or just trying to ruin every man/woman sworn to protect you, life? Do you feel that your actions are truly the only way to “get things done”? You have complained that Belle Meade is using your posts within the many forums you use against you, thusaiding in the revocation of your carry permit. However, knowing this is part of the reason/problem you continue to fuel the fire. Why? What do you expect with you openly admit to carrying a weapon/ammunitionfor the sole purpose ofpenetrating body armor?

I and many others will most likely never know what your true intentions are in all of this. I can say this sir, as a gun rights activist myself, you are only hurting those who so carry in true self defense.

One day Leonard you may just have to call on one of those “lying SOB police officers” who will give no second thought to protecting your life, because that’s the oath they have taken. I just ask you to remember that while you spend your time thinking of how you plan your next social event with the purpose of attempting to ruin a hero's life.

WCrawford

imported post

Jadon wrote:
I just ask you to remember that while you spend your time thinking of how you plan your next social event with the purpose of attempting to ruin a hero's life.

Calling a LEO who openly confesses to have violated Lenord's rights (by searching inside his pockets in violation of Terry) a hero is laughable. Calling a LEO who openly lied about the law a hero is laughable. Calling a LEO who points a shotgun in the face of a cooperative & compliantcitizen is laughable.

If these LEOs were true heroes, would they not know how to preform their jobs in a legal manner? Should we allow LEOs to act in any manner they choose or are we to hold them to a standard?

While I know of no LEOs, personally, that like what Leonard did, the ones I am aquainted with do not believe that the responding LEOs acted in an appropriate manner and think the matter should be settled by the courts.

Leonard, how much would you sell (rent?) your navy pistol for? I think I need to make a trip to Belle Meade. What about your Drako? While orange isn't my favorite color, I thought a nice shade of blue would be nice. All purchases reverseable upon your HCP reinstatement. :)

slowfiveoh

imported post

Jadon wrote:
To answer your question Slowfiveoh, no I’m not nor have I ever been an Officer of the law. I can honestly say I do not have what it takes to do what they (LEO’s) do. Sure there are (and as the inspiring message from Paul Harvey states) there are some that “abuse” the great power given to them by the governor of the state for which they so work.
Thank you for your honest answer. Based on your complete avoidance regarding the topic of what the officers actually did in your prior posts, I felt you may have had a personal connection, and my query was intended as such.

Jadon wrote:
However, it puzzles me that Leonard Embody seems to come across every “bad apple” out there. Which in turn raises the question; Who is the problem here?
The answer of which is extremely simple:

There is a stereotypical, "societal norm" that has been allowed to fester and grow in our society, and it is the right of every law abiding citizen to challenge these stereotypes as they apply to law.

It has been repeatedly espoused that, "Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it's smart!", which is a horrid "out" for somebody who does not want to spin the wheels in their hand to ascertain the entire situation. What has been patently avoided is that the exercising of a right, is simply put, an exercising of a right.

So long as Leonard does not break any laws, and is only seeking to exercise his rights, then you would have to be one hell of a hypocrite to not, at a minimum, support the underlying motif of his actions.

Which is in summary, the exercising of ones rights.

You can argue that the the pistol is an AK based Pistol. SO what? Can I regulate, impose, or otherwise dictate to you what is reasonable to carry? I would venture that the answer to that would be "No".

We put up with a lot in our lives, and the vast majority of us simply roll over, Jadon. Perhaps you like to turn the other cheek until there is no cheek left to turn, but frankly, I am all for an individual who has had enough, standing up for their rights, denying persecution, and doing so on a wholly legal, and harmless basis.

Frankly, as long as two claims on his "Reason for Revocation of Permit" are false (The threatening of two individuals, as claimed) then there is absolutely no other reason to violate his rights, or deny him the ability to exercise said rights, within the full flexibility of the law!

Please take sincere note, that over the multitude of pages that Mr. Embody has shared his position, he has at no time threatened anybody, or conveyed any sort of illegal activity. Furthermore, as many nay-sayers have belittled him, there are plenty of supporters as well.

Sounds like the first Ranger had it right, and the second was on a power trip.

The analogy still sticks, that if he had gone "fishin for a law suit", his net would have come back empty if the officers had been aware of the law. That simple.

Jadon wrote:
Previous members (“trolls” or not) have asked the same question but always seem to get condescending responses from those that seem to support Leonard Embodys’ actions. You seem to be an avid supporter of Mr. Embody and his actions, thus comes the great debate within every forum he (Embody) starts.

No. Previous members have received answer they did not like, that may have hit a bit too close to home. Certainly there were trolls, and nobody was against them certainly posting their opinion, however, personal attacks are just not warranted. You are also patently avoiding the many people who have had very meaningful, respectable, and articulate conversations about the topic.

I am an avid supporter of any free man Jadon. I would not:

--Slander, spit, defile, or besmirch your name for choosing to carry ANY firearm in defense of yourself.

--Do the same for choosing to challenge the actions of a government body overreaching its authority.

--Make a big deal out of how you dress.

So do something for me here, so we can continue this meaningful discourse.

What question do you want to ask? Is it, "Why does society seem to have a problem on the whole with Leonard Embody?".

Oh, easy answer. They aren't aware of their rights or laws, and are mentally shaped by societal boundaries that truthfully are nothing but"comfort zones" for other people, and nothing more.

If it isn't that question, then please pose the question you want to ask me, and I will do my best to provide you an articulated, well thought out answer.

Jadon wrote:
By condescending I am referring to: “I fixed your horrible composition for you” and “What kind of seriously stupid question is that?”, there are a few more but I think that makes the point I’m getting at. Sure, you may not be coming out and calling people names but the damage is just the same. I think everyone is extremely clear on where you stand by now as you are usually first to have a quick rebuttal.
You know what Jadon? There are people here who repeatedly insult my, or other peoples intelligence by acting to speak on our, or my, behalf. This is just as vile and disrespectful, even more so, I would challenge, than anything I have ever said to anybody on this forum.

It is libel at its best!

I have never, ever stated that I hate cops, and have repeatedly, adamantly positioned myself clearly with repeated statements, over, and over, and over again.

Forgive me for not posting a "Pro Police" thread ambiguously in an attempt to give my actual claims any merit on that particular topic.

So here, clearly, and for all to hear:

I do not hate Police Officers.

There.

Jadon wrote:
Lets look “outside” the box for a moment if you don’t mind. Mr. Embody has repeated on more than one occasion that the caller told the dispatcher “I wasn’t worried”. That’s fine, however if the caller simply passed Leonard (in his vehicle) isn’t it quite obvious that most people wouldn’t be as they (he) was no longer in contact with him?

Oh I love abstract thought! Ok, let's do this:

So you suppose that the caller may be involved with Mr. Embodys activities, but simultaneously express that he may have been removed far enough from the sight of Leonard carrying a firearm, that he is now expressing his relief at being out of any threatening range?

Then why use the term, "I wasn't worried."?

Have you listened to the call? I have.

He states, very calmly, that he simply thought it was unusual. Nothing more, nothing less.

In fact, I would venture a guess that the guy simply wasn't sure whether his method of carry was legal or not. However, that's unnecessary supposition.

It certainly is entertaining to dissect the scenario and analytically pick out every facet of the given facts, that we understand, from his encounters.

It is simply flat out "rash" to believe that his intentions are "bad" in nature.

Jadon wrote:
Also, who is to say that the caller wasn’t part of the act and called to initiate the confrontation for Mr. Embody? The fact is no one here other than Leonard knows the answer to that and IMO his word means nothing to me. No that is not a “bash” on him, I just don’t know him. That being said, who is to say his statements on his apparent record with the Nashville Police Department are true? What do we have to go by other than his word? Who here can honestly say “I know and have known Leonard Embody for quite some time and he would never tell a lie”? It’s puzzling to me that an individual with such a background of confrontation is never in the wrong. Who is to say that there were or were not witnesses to Leonards incidents at Costco or with his exparte? I for one would be very interested to see the complete reports of his incidents so that some questions would be answered. With that I have to ask you Mr. Embody, would you care to post them?

It is hard to justify, or otherwise discard the activities of the officers in the footage, and cold, hard evidence he (Leonard) has displayed. To dismiss the activities of officers who are obviously not in compliance with regulation, or law, is certainly the act of a partisan thought process.

By the same admission of ambiguity that you have for whether or not he is in the right, you should be able to admit, in tandem, that the lack of incriminating evidence on his behalf, and the substantiation he has shared with us regarding the treatment, and illegal stops directed towards him, that he has significantly more credibility in this matter.

Just a brief look at the list containing reasons for revocation of his permit, should display enormous insight into their real lack of any substantiation for revoking his permit.

Furthermore, I do not believe it should be puzzling to you whatsoever that an individual who has a "history of confrontation", should not be found in the wrong. Confrontation, in and of itself, is not a bad thing. Nor is being "confrontational".

There is senseless "confrontation", and then there is purposely directed, meaningful "confrontation".

On that same token, outside of law enforcement, and the two claims he vehemently denies about Costco and the other place, what activities or statements has Mr. Embody made towards ANY individual person on any of these forums.

Can you find me anything? Please, if you can find any (I highly think you will not), post these statements.

Jadon wrote:
The fact is, a man carrying a weapon in his hand down a busy street and having an AK style weapon (with an orange painted tip) slung over his shoulder in a busy park is outside the norm in other words that just isn’t something people expect to see on a daily basis. Sure, he was by all means apparently, in his legal right to carry such a weapon in his hand.
Can you please provide for me, and our audience which is no doubt reading this, what other wholly legal activities and constitutional rights you would like usurped on the basis of "unusual appearance"?

Can you please provide why it was appropriate, via well documented records, to state that he could legally carry the pistol and release him on his way, then ambush him in the parking lot from the business end of a 12-Gauge?

What about the attempt to cite him for a law he didn't even break? Was that acceptable?

What you and so many others are missing Jadon, is that "unusual" isn't what is contested here. Frankly, if you want to carry a .500 magnum, or a PLR as your sidearm, I have no issues with this. If you do, that's great.

However, you cannot:

--Stop homosexuals from kissing in public.

--Stop people from exercising their 1st Amendment because you don't like their message (Unless you believe the "Patriot Act" is truly appropriate!).

-Etc. Etc. Etc.

"Unusual" does not allow for breach of individual rights, or detainment due to error in legal interpretation on behalf of the officer. they should have asked for his HCP (as the first ranger did) and sent him on his way (As the first ranger did).

Jadon wrote:
However, to do so just to have a confrontation with an officer obligated to respond and in turn use it to sue is IMO flat out ridiculous. I think it’s safe to say that you weren’t at either location (Belle Meade and the park) to enjoy a nice walk or exercise and you by all means would have not been satisfied if a LEO had not approached you.
He attempted regular channels to correct the issue, but let me back up and correct an enormous error with a part of your statement!

Police officers are not required to respond to MWAG calls. In fact, police are not required to protect you! (Castle Rock vs. Gonzales)

I cannot answer the rest of your response, as that is obviously something Leonard must respond to.

However, surely you understand the basis of law that forms our government? Surely you understand that there is no authority derived, except that which comes from the people, or is expressly granted to the Federal Government via the U.S. Constitution, yes?

Leonard, You, ANYBODY is well within their rights to challenge illegal activity at the government level. If you can do so within the guidelines of the law, then why do anything illegal to right a wrong?

Jadon wrote:
Mr. Embody, are you truly a gun rights activist or just trying to ruin every man/woman sworn to protect you, life? Do you feel that your actions are truly the only way to “get things done”? You have complained that Belle Meade is using your posts within the many forums you use against you, thusaiding in the revocation of your carry permit. However, knowing this is part of the reason/problem you continue to fuel the fire. Why? What do you expect with you openly admit to carrying a weapon/ammunitionfor the sole purpose ofpenetrating body armor?
All of these questions only Leonard, can answer.

However, I would like to point out that his commentary on here, and on other forums has obviously been well calculated, and very well thought out.

That has simply been my observation, and yes, I have been following his activities since the beginning.

Jadon wrote:
I and many others will most likely never know what your true intentions are in all of this. I can say this sir, as a gun rights activist myself, you are only hurting those who so carry in true self defense.
More questions for Leonard.

To the second part of this particular comment, I would say that i absolutely do not agree. While most people opt for the tie-and-slacks route, with a SERPA'd Glock or XD, Leonard has opted to be more direct.

You are overtly concerned with stereotypes, and would absolutely deny this gentlemen his rights based on disagreement with his methodology, irregardless of its wholly legal, and assertive manner.

I think it is the constant concession, and verbalizing of supposed "Pro 2A advocates", who only cling to the portion of the 2A that fits their niche, that is truly harmful in the end, as it supports the antis idea of "reasonable gun regulation".

I just support the 2nd, without compromise. :D

Jadon wrote:
One day Leonard you may just have to call on one of those “lying SOB police officers” who will give no second thought to protecting your life, because that’s the oath they have taken. I just ask you to remember that while you spend your time thinking of how you plan your next social event with the purpose of attempting to ruin a hero's life.
Again, you are completely misconstruing the purpose of the police. Also, you seem to not understand that protecting ones self, is the responsibility of ones self.

There may indeed be a time where some criminal breaks into Leonards house (One of the other individuals on the many Pro-Firearm forums sending him death threats perhaps?), and he has to call the police in to mop up.

Can you please give me a viable example where a self-sufficient individual completely capable, and possessing the tools to defend himself would call the cops before taking action to protect themselves or their loved ones?

You show me a man who would keep his guns in the closet, and reach for his cell phone to call the nearest LEO instead of defending himself and his family, and I will show you a dead family.

For your information, I have sworn the same oath to defend and support the U.S. Constitution. I will uphold this oath until I die. For this oath to be meaningful, I had to be sure I knew the contents of it, otherwise it is an empty oath.

You would be surprised how many sailors, soldiers, airmen, marines, and yup, LEO's, couldn't even repeat any portion of the BoR.

I notice you refer to them all as "Heroes". I do have to say that it appears you immediately idolize them, and to me that is the sign of an embellished, or compromised thought process.

Taking up the task is noble, when one truly knows what it entails.
Putting on the badge, is heroic, when it is meaningful.
Enforcing the law and respecting individual rights is honorable, so long as that is what happens.

I would say we definitely do not see eye to eye, but nonetheless, thank you for your well thought out reply, without the use of condensation, oversized/colored text, abrupt remarks, or attempting to put words in my, or anybody elses mouth.

Have a great day!

Jason
Semper Paratus

Yard Sale

imported post

slowfiveoh wrote:
thank you for your well thought out reply, without the use of condensation, oversized/colored text, abrupt remarks, or attempting to put words in my, or anybody elses mouth.
DOH! Jadon put words in kwik's mouth...

kwikrnu: "A 6" smith.44 magnumdoesn't have the velocity topenetrate ballistic vests criminals use."

Jadon: "What do you expect with you openly admit to carrying a weapon/ammunitionfor the sole purpose ofpenetrating body armor? "

slowfiveoh

imported post

Yard Sale wrote:

kwikrnu: "A 6" smith.44 magnumdoesn't have the velocity topenetrate ballistic vests criminals use."

Jadon: "What do you expect with you openly admit to carrying a weapon/ammunitionfor the sole purpose ofpenetrating body armor? "
No, actually. I would say his description is in line with what kwik initially stated.

The difference is kwiks inference is that it would be meaningful to have in case criminals wore body armor (Which has happened enough before, imo, to be warranted or at least plausible).

Whereas Jadons inference, to me at least, seems to be more leaning towards towards rationalizing that it is unusual for him to ask about purchasing AP rounds, and this is consistent, I believe in Jadons opinion, with the "unusual" activities on kwiks behalf. I am sure Jadon will square that away.

You might not have been here in the past, when kwik did make a query on another forum about where he could purchase AP rounds.

You could of course, just be acting sarcastic too. To be honest I am really not sure what you are implying here. lol

In the end purchasing AP rounds really is not unusual at all, in my opinion, as if said rounds were a factor at all in incriminating him in some way, shape, or form. AP rounds are only "more deadly" when the target is wearing body armor.

This certainly wouldn't be consistent with the flip-sides irrational thought process that Leonard is "crazy", and will end up shooting buses, children, and police officers. (Has not happened).

I think he is actually pointing out very clearly the people who actually didn't put any thought, or effort behind their arguments.

AP rounds? Really?

Who freakin cares?

Poonbaboon

imported post

Yard Sale wrote:

Does this count as what everyone calls a "troll"?

I believe you just contradicted yourself Yard Sale... He (kwik) stated that he switched his weapon to have something to penetrate body armor. If that's not the same as "admit to carrying a weapon/ammunitionfor the sole purpose ofpenetrating body armor?" someone please let me know...

I really don't think anyone can argue anything Jadon has stated as of yet. He has actually made many reasonable, valid points. If you prefer, "tear" my posts apart, you may have better luck.

Great post(s) Jadon. However... GO VOLS! :cool:

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

WCrawford wrote:
Jadon wrote:
I just ask you to remember that while you spend your time thinking of how you plan your next social event with the purpose of attempting to ruin a hero's life.

Calling a LEO who openly confesses to have violated Lenord's rights (by searching inside his pockets in violation of Terry) a hero is laughable. Calling a LEO who openly lied about the law a hero is laughable. Calling a LEO who points a shotgun in the face of a cooperative & compliantcitizen is laughable.

If these LEOs were true heroes, would they not know how to preform their jobs in a legal manner? Should we allow LEOs to act in any manner they choose or are we to hold them to a standard?

While I know of no LEOs, personally, that like what Leonard did, the ones I am aquainted with do not believe that the responding LEOs acted in an appropriate manner and think the matter should be settled by the courts.

Leonard, how much would you sell (rent?) your navy pistol for? I think I need to make a trip to Belle Meade. What about your Drako? While orange isn't my favorite color, I thought a nice shade of blue would be nice. All purchases reverseable upon your HCP reinstatement. :)
Navy pistols are cheap. I bought that one at cabelas. Shipped to my house with a holster it was right around $150. They have the serial # on file now and you wouldn't want to be connected to me. I have no doubt I am on a watch list.:uhoh:

deadpool2

imported post

I think Slow just loves to try and fillibuster anyone who opposes him by going on and on trying to break down each sentence of his opponents ( and doing a poor job of it) Congratulations Slow you seem to have a thesaurus so now you have several antiquated and obscure ways to question peoples intelligence. You are obviously the most intelligent and well rounded person who has ever walked the earth, mixed with just a little Rambo, because you are completely capable of protecting yourself and all of your family members at all times. I mean like you said, not having police around would have very little impact on your life. I suspect that is true. I suspect you live in a Uni-Bomber like shack where your biggest fear might be bears or eating the wrong berry.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Jadon wrote:

Lets look “outside” the box for a moment if you don’t mind. Mr. Embody has repeated on more than one occasion that the caller told the dispatcher “I wasn’t worried”. That’s fine, however if the caller simply passed Leonard (in his vehicle) isn’t it quite obvious that most people wouldn’t be as they (he) was no longer in contact with him? Also, who is to say that the caller wasn’t part of the act and called to initiate the confrontation for Mr. Embody? The fact is no one here other than Leonard knows the answer to that and IMO his word means nothing to me. No that is not a “bash” on him, I just don’t know him. That being said, who is to say his statements on his apparent record with the Nashville Police Department are true? What do we have to go by other than his word? Who here can honestly say “I know and have known Leonard Embody for quite some time and he would never tell a lie”? It’s puzzling to me that an individual with such a background of confrontation is never in the wrong. Who is to say that there were or were not witnesses to Leonards incidents at Costco or with his exparte? I for one would be very interested to see the complete reports of his incidents so that some questions would be answered. With that I have to ask you Mr. Embody, would you care to post them?

The man who called police jogged past me. Dispatch records indicate police were dispatched because of this mans call.

I have no record in Nashville. The Bolos I posted clearly show I have no criminal past and that I have commtted no crime.

Costco didn't happen. I look forward to cross examination of any Costco employee who states it did happen. Belle Meade did not investigate that claim before they filed an official report with the TNDPS. Is that malicious prosecution? Claiming something happened and prosecuting when it didn't? Abuse of process maybe?

I posted the result of the ex-parte order. It was dismissed and the woman who petitioned for the order was ordered to pay costs. She didn't meet the 50% standard for a civil case. In fact she didn't meet 1% she lied. The report says I went to her house. Well, I searched for the address for their company. They did not disclose the address. I checked the BBB which had two addresses listed. Neither were valid. I checked the county business license which is where I finally got the address for the business. To verify I physically went to the address. I even talked to the neighbor in front for 5-10 minutes after I found the house. If I wanted to do something bad/or if I had done something bad why would I hang out? That would make little sense.

Getting banned from various websites due to political disagreements is no reason to suspend a permit.

Complaining about a judge who retried my ex-parte order was, IMO, iresponsible and she had no authority to do so.

Instead of asking me if I am lying you should ask why would cops lie about the law on video? Why would they search inside my pockets? Why would they run the handgun to see if it is stolen? Why would they say it is too bad they can't write me a ticket for not having a vest and then let a couple joggers run by w/o ticketing for lack of vests? Why would they make up the Costco incident? Why would they cite getting banned from a puppy forum? Why would they change the law in their city if what I did was wrong?

If you honestly think about and answer those questions maybe we could have a reasonable discussion.

Jadon

imported post

Mr. Embody, maybe I wasn't very clear with the questions I was seeking answers to. If that is the case, I do apologize. I will try and reiterate them differently to help come to a conclusive answer. That is of course you are so willing to.

You have mentioned the fact and have posted the call made by the complainant (jogger) however, my point was who is to say he was not part of your plot to confront or have a confrontation with the officers that afternoon. I’m sure you will obviously say on your behalf that you don’t know him, I would expect that. My point was, how are people (forum members alike) to see this true? Are we to believe your word just out of cause? I’m throwing out “if’s” and “ands” more or less.

Costco… “It didn’t happen”. Was there a report filed on the incident? If so, then it did happen. Whether or not it occurred in the manor that the alleged victims advised, is what the real questions fall upon. It appears from the letters that Belle Meade simply made the court (or TNDPS as you call it) aware of a previous incident in which you were involved in and the allegations brought upon you. I would imagine that the state would be the agency conducting any form of investigation on the matter, which would then weight on the final decision/outcome of your permit revocation.

As far as your exparte incident involving the female… What are the allegations there? What is the incident that allegedly occurred that a magistrate would seem to find probable cause to issue such document? “She lied”. Well okay, my argument (or opinionated response) would be; are you lying? Thus the term “He said, she said” comes rolling along. Do you see the point I keep coming back to? What was the allegation, what was the incident that “stirred” the outcome? Puzzling to me is the fact that you continuously state “I did nothing wrong”, yet you wouldn’t leave it at that. Why would you even bother to investigate her or whatever business she was involved with if it was a frivolous to begin with? Better yet, why on earth would you physically go and seek her or the business out? I think everyone has been accused of something or another at least once in their life that they know didn’t happen. In my own experience I brushed it off and went about my business, caring less what they were doing or where they were. You talk about this BOLO sent out about you to the officers with the Nashville Police Department, and how it clearly states you have no criminal record. Which means you have not been convicted of any crime, correct? However, this does not mean that you haven’t been involved or suspected of a crime. So wouldn’t it be fair to say that if there are numerous incidents involving you that LEO’s should have the “heads up” about you? That’s basically what a BOLO is right? *

I whole heartedly agree, getting banned on websites for political disagreements is by no means a reason to have your permit revoked. However, it is clear from the documentation that was not their main “source” of argument. It appears that they felt your actions (carrying a loaded weapon, in your hand, down a busy street) was in fact dangerous and IMO I agree sir. You have stated that you have made attempts in the past in the form of writing to change/challenge current gun laws within the state of Tennessee. Do you happen to have such letters? My point is you can’t expect everyone to jump right on the Embody bandwagon without showing valid proof of such occurrences. However, if you would have come about, show a time line if you will, of your meaningful attempts then others might feel the way you do in your current actions/confrontations with law enforcement. And let’s be honest here Mr. Embody, that is in fact your goal when you set out on these “endeavors”.

Again, here you go again, right off with “attacking” law enforcement. Who is to say that the officer just wasn’t familiar with such an old city ordinance? Because he was wrong, does that give someone the right to label them as a lair? If that’s the case then this entire board is filled with nothing more than a bunch of lying SOB’s, because everyone is bound to be wrong one time in their life. As far as the female officer’s apparent discontent with not being able to cite you for not wearing a vest, touché. Unprofessional, sure… but as the old saying goes; if you keep playing with fire, you’re eventually going to get burned. You have made a negative name for yourself in the eye’s of law enforcement who are apparently well aware of you, that being said you should expect such comments (even though they aren’t professional as I previously stated). At the same time, you are just as guilty of the same “crime” sir. I’m sure they were more focused on the man holding a loaded weapon rather the other joggers not wearing a vest. When you say “they made up” the Costco incident, what do you mean? Are you not contradicting yourself and saying that the incident never happened at all? When you say they changed the law, I suppose you are referring to the city of Belle Meade? I’m not sure, but if I were a “betting man” I would imagine it was to prevent anyone else from walking down a busy street with a loaded weapon in their hand. After all, with all the apparent drama that seems to follow you around, who wouldn’t want to keep it from happening again?

Finally, as for your last statement… I have thought about these questions (obviously) and yet I still get open-ended answers. It’s clear you have an apparent “hatred” for law enforcement; however it’s you and only you that keeps stoking the fire Mr. Embody. Your video’s on youtube are filled with captions “bashing” every officer you come into contact with. If they are such a bother to you, why do you continue to seek them out?

Are you willing to show everyone the full incident reports made with you and any witness accounts documented with them? I welcome it sir, it would clear up some of these questions that have been asked by many and might even get you more support. That is what you are here for right?

PS. I’m sorry you feel that you and I can’t seem to have a reasonable discussion. I’m just seeking clarification is all and a little bit of respect towards those who swore to protect you, no matter what your views of them may be.

Good Day Sir…

Oh and Slowfiveoh, did I catch that right? Semper Fidelis?? Unit?

slowfiveoh

imported post

deadpool2 wrote:
I think Slow just loves to try and fillibuster anyone who opposes him by going on and on trying to break down each sentence of his opponents ( and doing a poor job of it)
Nah. I just find it valuable to respond to all your accusations or statements independently, instead of simply referring to each other as "unibombers", and making inferences about "living in shacks" in an attempt to vilify you.

deadpool2 wrote:
Congratulations Slow you seem to have a thesaurus so now you have several antiquated and obscure ways to question peoples intelligence. You are obviously the most intelligent and well rounded person who has ever walked the earth, mixed with just a little Rambo, because you are completely capable of protecting yourself and all of your family members at all times.
Oh thanks deadpool2 (Nice Marvel character reference by the way)!

I don't use a thesaurus by the way, and I am sorry if my vocabulary in some way offends you!

If by "antiquated and obscure", you mean, "Using critical thinking, and rational thought as opposed to simply going with the conformist masses.", by God, I think you got me pegged. :D

Also, you aren't prepared to defend yourself? You seriously defer your life wholly to law enforcement?

Wow.

Attention all criminals and murderers. This gentlemen and his family are unarmed. If you attempt to kill him, he will default to his cellphone or simply yell "Police!".

Of course I can't defend all my family members, deadpool! That's just ridiculous.

That's why I prefer them to be armed as well. :D

deadpool2 wrote:
I mean like you said, not having police around would have very little impact on your life. I suspect that is true. I suspect you live in a Uni-Bomber like shack where your biggest fear might be bears or eating the wrong berry.
Oh here we go, more commentary equating me to Ted Kaczynski. Mature argument, is indeed mature.

I actually live in a van, down by the river. Or maybe it was a 2 bedroom house, on a lake. I just can't remember. Must have been from eating the wrong berry, or the swipe to the head I took from battling a bear! :celebrate

Oh and yeah, removing my "Police Protection" would be completely fine by me, if in fact they were even required to provide protection in the first place. A fact so many of you idolaters consistently ignore.

Oh crap, I have to go now! A bear is stealing my car!

Jadon wrote:
{Commentary directed specifically towards Leonard, to which I will not reply}

Good Day Sir…

Oh and Slowfiveoh, did I catch that right? Semper Fidelis?? Unit?
I am not a Marine.

I am and always will be a soldier. ;)

US Army
OIF I Initial Invasion Veteran - March 2003
6-52nd ADA

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Jadon wrote:
You have mentioned the fact and have posted the call made by the complainant (jogger) however, my point was who is to say he was not part of your plot to confront or have a confrontation with the officers that afternoon. I’m sure you will obviously say on your behalf that you don’t know him, I would expect that. My point was, how are people (forum members alike) to see this true? Are we to believe your word just out of cause? I’m throwing out “if’s” and “ands” more or less.
I have already stated I have no idea who the man is. I could supeona him to appear at the hearing.
Costco… “It didn’t happen”. Was there a report filed on the incident? If so, then it did happen. Whether or not it occurred in the manor that the alleged victims advised, is what the real questions fall upon. It appears from the letters that Belle Meade simply made the court (or TNDPS as you call it) aware of a previous incident in which you were involved in and the allegations brought upon you. I would imagine that the state would be the agency conducting any form of investigation on the matter, which would then weight on the final decision/outcome of your permit revocation.
I don't know if a report was filed. I wasn't there and it didn't happen to me. Yet, the Belle Meade police department state as fact that I caused such an incident. Belle Meade should have conducted some investigation before claiming it as fact. I call it malicious and shows their intent to harrass and retaliate.
As far as your exparte incident involving the female… What are the allegations there? What is the incident that allegedly occurred that a magistrate would seem to find probable cause to issue such document? “She lied”. Well okay, my argument (or opinionated response) would be; are you lying? Thus the term “He said, she said” comes rolling along. Do you see the point I keep coming back to? What was the allegation, what was the incident that “stirred” the outcome? Puzzling to me is the fact that you continuously state “I did nothing wrong”, yet you wouldn’t leave it at that. Why would you even bother to investigate her or whatever business she was involved with if it was a frivolous to begin with? Better yet, why on earth would you physically go and seek her or the business out? I think everyone has been accused of something or another at least once in their life that they know didn’t happen. In my own experience I brushed it off and went about my business, caring less what they were doing or where they were.
It has already been shown I have done nothing wrong. The ex-parte was in retaliation for a lawsuit I filed against a company she owns. I needed an address to give to the court so they could be served with my lawsuit.
You talk about this BOLO sent out about you to the officers with the Nashville Police Department, and how it clearly states you have no criminal record. Which means you have not been convicted of any crime, correct? However, this does not mean that you haven’t been involved or suspected of a crime. So wouldn’t it be fair to say that if there are numerous incidents involving you that LEO’s should have the “heads up” about you? That’s basically what a BOLO is right? *
I believe the BOLOsare in retaliation for open carrying a handgun in Nashville. There is no reason to issue BOLOs with my name and info if the point is to make it known that open carry is legal. Should I issue a BOLO on chief Serpas? Put his name and address on flyers and hand them out in front of the courthouse? He has hired felons as police officers in Nashville.
I whole heartedly agree, getting banned on websites for political disagreements is by no means a reason to have your permit revoked. However, it is clear from the documentation that was not their main “source” of argument. It appears that they felt your actions (carrying a loaded weapon, in your hand, down a busy street) was in fact dangerous and IMO I agree sir. You have stated that you have made attempts in the past in the form of writing to change/challenge current gun laws within the state of Tennessee. Do you happen to have such letters? My point is you can’t expect everyone to jump right on the Embody bandwagon without showing valid proof of such occurrences. However, if you would have come about, show a time line if you will, of your meaningful attempts then others might feel the way you do in your current actions/confrontations with law enforcement. And let’s be honest here Mr. Embody, that is in fact your goal when you set out on these “endeavors”.
It may not be their main argument, but it is an argument. Guns are not dangerous, therfore guns which are open carried are not dangerous either.
Again, here you go again, right off with “attacking” law enforcement. Who is to say that the officer just wasn’t familiar with such an old city ordinance? Because he was wrong, does that give someone the right to label them as a lair? If that’s the case then this entire board is filled with nothing more than a bunch of lying SOB’s, because everyone is bound to be wrong one time in their life. As far as the female officer’s apparent discontent with not being able to cite you for not wearing a vest, touché. Unprofessional, sure… but as the old saying goes; if you keep playing with fire, you’re eventually going to get burned. You have made a negative name for yourself in the eye’s of law enforcement who are apparently well aware of you, that being said you should expect such comments (even though they aren’t professional as I previously stated). At the same time, you are just as guilty of the same “crime” sir. I’m sure they were more focused on the man holding a loaded weapon rather the other joggers not wearing a vest. When you say “they made up” the Costco incident, what do you mean? Are you not contradicting yourself and saying that the incident never happened at all? When you say they changed the law, I suppose you are referring to the city of Belle Meade? I’m not sure, but if I were a “betting man” I would imagine it was to prevent anyone else from walking down a busy street with a loaded weapon in their hand. After all, with all the apparent drama that seems to follow you around, who wouldn’t want to keep it from happening again?

The police clearly state I carried a gun at Costco and was argumentative with an employee. This did not happen. Itwas made up and reported to the Department of Safety by the Belle Meade police as fact.
I haven't broken the law, yet I have made a negative name for myself with law enforcement. Guess what, cops are tasked with enforcing the law,not harrassing citizens.
Finally, as for your last statement… I have thought about these questions (obviously) and yet I still get open-ended answers. It’s clear you have an apparent “hatred” for law enforcement; however it’s you and only you that keeps stoking the fire Mr. Embody. Your video’s on youtube are filled with captions “bashing” every officer you come into contact with. If they are such a bother to you, why do you continue to seek them out?

Are you willing to show everyone the full incident reports made with you and any witness accounts documented with them? I welcome it sir, it would clear up some of these questions that have been asked by many and might even get you more support. That is what you are here for right?
I haven't bashed anyone. I have stated facts. I have already posted up the info. You're coming to the game late.

PS. I’m sorry you feel that you and I can’t seem to have a reasonable discussion. I’m just seeking clarification is all and a little bit of respect towards those who swore to protect you, no matter what your views of them may be.
If this is how cops protect I could do with a little less protection.