• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First police encounter ever!

Freedom1Man

The officer did not ask for my name, where I live, what I was doing, for any form of I.D or anything instead he thanked me for standing up for my second amendment rights and for taking my self defense so seriously.

Fire Suppressor, please try to get this officers name and a department address. I would be more than happy to sent him a token of appreciation for being a True representative of the public. The least we can do is send LEO's who respect the Constitution and the Rights of the citizen a thank you letter.

A agree that it was a positive encounter. I was a LITTLE critical of the LEO not you.

Yes, being friendly can help. I am glad that it helped you. I have learned that being nice has got me in handcuffs more than being stubborn has. So I am glad to hear that there are still okay officers out there and that you found one.

MR Redenck

A agree that it was a positive encounter. I was a LITTLE critical of the LEO not you.

Yes, being friendly can help. I am glad that it helped you. I have learned that being nice has got me in handcuffs more than being stubborn has. So I am glad to hear that there are still okay officers out there and that you found one.

I think letters to show concern for the Good encounters as well as the Bad encounters would be the way to go.

sudden valley gunner

I think letters to show concern for the Good encounters as well as the Bad encounters would be the way to go.

I say the same thing.

I have had many negative encounters and many positive encounters I judge each one voluntarily. I will talk to cops about mundane issues sometimes, never about personal. Sometimes I just don't feel like engaging them and walk away. I am glad this encounter was positive I wonder though what would have happened he the OP didn't feel like saying anything at all to the officer?