• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Sales Up

HandyHamlet

Gun Sales Up Thanks To Wisconsin's New Concealed Carry Law

Monday, November 14, 2011 12:31 p.m. CST

In northeast Wisconsin, shop owner Dan Gussert has seen a 25-percent jump in handgun sales since November first when the concealed carry law took effect. And the state Justice Department has had a 42-percent increase in calls to the hotline that gun dealers must use before they can sell weapons to prospective buyers.

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2011/nov/14/gun-sales-up-thanks-to-wisconsins-new-concealed-carry-law/

:cool:

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Awesome. That must mean you guys also had an increase in shootings and murders...right? Sarcasm off. More guns=less crime!

Last edited:

HandyHamlet

I have to get some galoshes. The street outside my home is awash with the blood of innocents.

And on a side note.

:p

More guns means more holsters means more ammo and targets and glasses and ears and more training. We are trying to stimulate our economy... Despite our elected employees.

Last edited:

Vandil

Sorry about that you see there was this big Reata Pass auction in Humbolt AZ and I sort of let myself get out of control with the bidding. (I did buy 4)

jpm84092

Yellow Cat lives in a State that has had concealed carry for a long time. What I see is that when a rape is reported, women buy guns and concealed firearms permit classes are filled for months in advance. When gang related violence is reported in a neighborhood, the same thing happens. (While I was visiting and teaching in Wisconsin, the Yellow Cat's vinyl fence was tagged by young misguided gang youth who do not know with whom they are messing) and my Mormon neighbors are coming to me to get a course together to be held for the neighborhood.

It comes as no surprise to me that gun sales are up with the passage of AB-35 (SB-93 as amended). Citizens of Wisconsin who thought that they could never defend their homes and loved ones are now re-thinking with the passage of the Concealed Carry Bill and the somewhat watered down Castle Doctrine bill. (Hope the Governator signs it.)

littlewolf

I have had only an increase in rifle sales since Waupaca Co. now allows rifles for deer hunting.

touchdowntodd

its a good thing, but i have to admit im seeing a lot of people buying handguns that have never even shot one... im by no means an expert, but i do know my way around things and im safe ...

imho ... spring in WI will see a LOT of handguns for sale when people suddenly realize the hassle of carrying and the fact that they jumped in too soon .. i just got an SP101 which is a revolver ive been looking for for a while for a HELL of a price imho with lots of extras because the individual bought and realized it was "too much" gun for them with self defense rounds in ...

in spring, i will hopefully have a little cash for another gun .. and im sure deals will be out there if not before then