• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Handgun Training Courses?

jrd929

I had a rather heated debate with my family today about carrying a handgun, and I heard a lot of the anti gunner lines that the antis pump out from my family members :banghead: and I realized that they should probably take a gun course, so they could be educated on the proper way guns work and other things like that. I looked at some of the courses around and the price is $125 or more which is way more than what I could afford for 2 or 3 people. So if anyone knows of a course that isn't as costly then that would be great. Jon

Riana

First, you have to get them to be willing to attend such a course with an open mind. If not, it'd just be throwing your money away.

Second, you might want to check with some local trainers, and see if they can/will do a group discount.

Good luck.

jrd929

First, you have to get them to be willing to attend such a course with an open mind. If not, it'd just be throwing your money away.

Second, you might want to check with some local trainers, and see if they can/will do a group discount.

Good luck.

Most of my family members have been alright with rifles, but as soon as the first handguns are added to the collection, people are uneasy, which is causing some trouble. I've been responsible with them, they are either locked up or secured in my holster. Never, do I leave it around where anyone can get it. They think that because handguns are in the home, someone is going to get hurt. If anyone has any advice I could use to help them become more comfortable to having handguns in the home, then I would appreciate it.

Gary599

First tell them that everything they know is from the news.

Common sence applies here.

Guns don't randomly go bang

My wife hates hates wait did u get that hates guns.

We have two young kids, 11 and 4.

My one gun is either in one of two places, the safe or on my person.

The 11 year old has been shooting once, and has some general gun safety smarts. The 4yo know what it is, but that's it.

Getting back to you, nothing you say is going to change their outlook.

But once again it is common sence. The gun does not go bang unless you pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk