I’m not saying all cops are bad but they do have egos that bruise easily. This is a problem with any group. When there is bad apples and we focus on those apples to label a group. This episode leaves many questions that the Canton police department must answer to the public with. Here are a few I came up with.
1. Why was this officer cleared from previous occurrences?
2. Why did his few police officers allow this behavior to exist unchecked?
3. Is this the culture of the Canton police force?
4. What measures are being put in place to prevent future occurrences?
5. What training is taking place to reeducate the department?
What is the culture of the Canton PD.? If they let this behavior go unchecked then they are no better than the criminals. I’m glad to see this officer was fired. Now let pursue criminal charges; violation of civil liberties while under colors", "threatening to do bodily harm" etc. I think he should also lose his Second Amendment rights, turn in all his privately owned weapons to the police for destruction and also he should be place on the watch list so he cannot purchase a weapons. Let’s see how he feels about that!