• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 2069 - "Constitutional" Carry

richarcm

I intensely dislike baby steps, however, I also realize that they are sometimes necessary. I accept them if they are in the right direction.

In this case, the wording eliminates some of the arguments and delays that will surely come.
This at least has a chance of passage in a few years.

I agree. Baby steps suck. But just like the left must use baby steps to keep us frogs in the pot of increasingly warmer water...so must we. Nobody is claiming it is perfect. It surely isn't. But if you try to push for a perfect bill IT WILL FAIL. Then you are left with only the status quo which is worse.

We didn't get this way overnight and we won't heal overnight either. IT CANT HAPPEN.

t3a1s5

Change the following description contained in the bill:
"(i) any pistol, revolver, or other weapon designed or intended to propel a missile of any kind by action of an explosion of any combustible material"

to read

"any white powdery substance"

and see how far this bill would go. Even the ACLU would immediately come out against it.