• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

highpoint firearms

Dan13

Used My C9 for Concealed Carry

Took my concealed carry class on 11/3/13 and used Hi point C9 to qualify only time I had a problem with it was my fault, I'm attaching a picture of my target 37 rounds shot.

Attachments

• Concealed carry.JPG
    Concealed carry.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 159

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
I routinely use my Hi-Point C9 as my OC handgun, carried in a Fobus holster. Yes, it's ugly, clunky and heavy, but it works for me. Never had a problem accessing the safety with my thumb (practice, practice, practice), and it shoots every time I pull the trigger. I polished the feed ramp and tweaked the magazine lips, and that was that. Since I carry with one in the chamber, I've become automatically careful with it. Besides, if I need more than nine rounds, I'm SOL anyway.

SD40VE

for $200 a hi point will fire. i own the C9 and the .45 hi point pistols. they are cheap, heavy, ugly, and often the butt of pistol jokes. one thing they are is reliable. i have had no feeding or firing issues. every trigger pull makes a bang except when i get a dud reload with a crap primer from my friend who reloads. its a good gun. i use mine mostly at range and home defense as i carry my SD however they are very good pistols for the money and have a lifetime warranty. pick one up used for $120-$150 and you will not be disappointed

Jeff Craddock

Highpoint firearms

High point semi automatic pistols are also known as Beemiller is simple and not too expensive gun. This highpoint firearm founded in 18 Feb. 1992. Its slide is die casted with zinc alloy.

FreeInAZ

High point semi automatic pistols are also known as Beemiller is simple and not too expensive gun. This highpoint firearm founded in 18 Feb. 1992. Its slide is die casted with zinc alloy.

Jeff -Beemiller is one of three companies that operate under the Hi-Point banner. Beemiller (Mansfield, OH) is responsible for making the 9mm & .380's. Another Iberia (Iberia, OH) makes the 40 S&W and the third, Haskell (Lima, OH) makes the 45acp pistols. Beemiller also still covers the JS pistols made by Stallard arms in the late 1980's to the early 1990's. They do this as a favor to their friend Mr.Stallard who donated all his remaining parts stock to them, so his customers would be covered by the same great warranty after he retired. That's the kind of people you are dealing with. Just good honest folks who stand by their promises in my experience. I have mentioned that Beemiller rebuilt 20+ year old Stallard JS9 9mm pistol to like new condition for me at no charge. That's customer service! And that's also why I now own two of their carbines and many of their pistols in (45&40 cal). For the money you can't go wrong. :D

Last edited:

dominic22

FreeInAZ, thank you so much for posting that. I have read a lot of bad things about Hi-Point firearms. I think that I am going to give them a chance once I am old enough to purchase a handgun legally in Ohio.

FreeInAZ

FreeInAZ, thank you so much for posting that. I have read a lot of bad things about Hi-Point firearms. I think that I am going to give them a chance once I am old enough to purchase a handgun legally in Ohio.

You're very welcome. They are a good entry level pistol - and since they are more of a OC pistol do to size, I carry the 45's when I'm OCing a Hi-Point. A 9+1 45acp new for around $159-$179 is a damn good deal. I have fired hundreds of rounds with my 45's. The only issues I had was feeding of JHP rounds. They don't like hydra-shok's, or any JHP that have abrupt (less curved vary large cavity) angled bullets. However they work well with the Winchester white box personal defense JHP. For what they are for me they are just as or near accurate as any 45acp I have shot to date: 1911, FNH-FNX, SIG, Glock etc...

ETA - these are sticky notes shot @ 21 feet awhile back (last fall) the hydra-shok's were more accurate, but a had a couple feed failures. The WWB PD JHP fed flawlessly. P.S. 45acp FMJ is plenty good for defending against/stopping bad guys. I am just one of those people that believes: "anything worth doing, is worth over-doing!" :cool:

semymeda.jpg

Last edited:

bloodstone1311

My opinion? Cheap junk. I have shot them before. Not impressed, it jammed. It's a non-delayed blowback, so it has an exceedingly heavy slide to be able to handle the full power pistol rounds like 9mm. This makes it top heavy and recoil is more than should be. It only has a single stack limited capacity mag. Some will sing the praises of it and claim it's better than a Glock or whatever, I'm not going to spend the time to argue with them. Enough against it, what should you look at next? My first suggestions would be S&W Sigma, used you could get one for as little as $ 279.00,16 rounds in 9mm 14 in 40. Good piece, the trigger pull is nothing to write home about, but neither is the Hipoint. Also one of the Ruger P89 9mm's can be had for a similar price. Either one is a better gun for not a whole lot more than a new Hipoint. Good luck in any event.

WalkingWolf

Then don't buy one! As far telling others to be a victim in order to follow snobbery, go pound sand!

Personally I don't want to shoot a gun that will blow up in my hand such as Glocks have a reputation for.

Last edited:

mobiushky

Then don't buy one! As far telling others to be a victim in order to follow snobbery, go pound sand!

Personally I don't want to shoot a gun that will blow up in my hand such as Glocks have a reputation for.

They also shoot you when you aren't looking. Glocks are evil sneaky little monsters. Make sure you lock it up cause they like to sneak around your house at night and eat your ice cream too....

:banghead:

WalkingWolf

They also shoot you when you aren't looking. Glocks are evil sneaky little monsters. Make sure you lock it up cause they like to sneak around your house at night and eat your ice cream too....

:banghead:

The above sarcasm is dumb, the fact that Glocks blow up is not sarcasm. It is fact, they are a POS, IMO. But then I don't care if anyone else owns one or buys one, I am not a snob, or a racist.

mobiushky

The above sarcasm is dumb, the fact that Glocks blow up is not sarcasm. It is fact, they are a POS, IMO. But then I don't care if anyone else owns one or buys one, I am not a snob, or a racist.

Insinuating that anyone who disagrees with you is? False logic.

Your personal biases make you a snob. Racist? Do guns have a "race?" I didn't think they did. You made a claim. One that is unsubstantiated and down right wrong. The fact is, Glocks don't "blow up" anymore than any other gun on the market. That's just bias.

WalkingWolf

I said that Glocks were pieces of Doo Doo, how is that any different than claiming a hi point is junk. As far as racism I did not claim anyone was a racist, I just said I was not one. Funny that rock thing and the dog always yelps. Laws for Saturday night specials were racist and intended to keep affordable handguns from blacks. IMO people that try to continue that concept are racists.

https://www.google.com/search?q=glo...zO6TgsATH8YG4DA&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=642

http://www.saturdaynightspecial.org...t-origins-of-the-term-saturday-night-special/

Last edited:

mobiushky

I said that Glocks were pieces of Doo Doo, how is that any different than claiming a hi point is junk. As far as racism I did not claim anyone was a racist, I just said I was not one. Funny that rock thing and the dog always yelps. Laws for Saturday night specials were racist and intended to keep affordable handguns from blacks. IMO people that try to continue that concept are racists.

You said "Personally I don't want to shoot a gun that will blow up in my hand such as Glocks have a reputation for."

This is a false claim. You're welcome to not like them, I don't care. But you're making unsubstantiated claims so at least admit that.

As for the hi-point, I got no problem with them. By the same token there are some people here who have elevated them to a position of infallibility that I wouldn't believe about any gun. They are an inexpensive firearm that will serve if used. Are there better options, probably, but that doesn't mean anything.

No one here is recommending people ban any guns for blacks. You interjected that without cause.

WalkingWolf

You said "Personally I don't want to shoot a gun that will blow up in my hand such as Glocks have a reputation for."

This is a false claim. You're welcome to not like them, I don't care. But you're making unsubstantiated claims so at least admit that.

As for the hi-point, I got no problem with them. By the same token there are some people here who have elevated them to a position of infallibility that I wouldn't believe about any gun. They are an inexpensive firearm that will serve if used. Are there better options, probably, but that doesn't mean anything.

No one here is recommending people ban any guns for blacks. You interjected that without cause.

Are you making a claim that they don't blow up? You just have your panties in a wad because I said Glocks are a piece of doo doo. Yet you have no problem saying other guns are junk. Truth is I would not want to be shot by any gun, but then I am not a idiot.

https://www.google.com/search?q=glo...zO6TgsATH8YG4DA&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=642

http://www.saturdaynightspecial.org...t-origins-of-the-term-saturday-night-special/

Last edited:

mobiushky

Are you making a claim that they don't blow up? You just have your panties in a wad because I said Glocks are a piece of doo doo. Yet you have no problem saying other guns are junk. Truth is I would not want to be shot by any gun, but then I am not a idiot.

Are you drunk? Or on some new meds or something? That may sound like a personal attack and I assure you it's not intended to be. I'm just really confused. Your post makes little to no sense. I mean, I read it like 5 times and I honestly have no clue what you're saying.

Second, I never said anything bad about Hi-points so that one really makes no sense.

Am I to take it by your standard, we are allowed to make unsubstantiated and provably false statements and the burden of proof is on the first responder to the post which contains the false information? I was assuming that it was incumbent on the person making the false accusations to prove their accusations.

WalkingWolf

Are you drunk? Or on some new meds or something? That may sound like a personal attack and I assure you it's not intended to be. I'm just really confused. Your post makes little to no sense. I mean, I read it like 5 times and I honestly have no clue what you're saying.

Second, I never said anything bad about Hi-points so that one really makes no sense.

Am I to take it by your standard, we are allowed to make unsubstantiated and provably false statements and the burden of proof is on the first responder to the post which contains the false information? I was assuming that it was incumbent on the person making the false accusations to prove their accusations.

Any person who wants to get shot with any gun is a idiot? That is not a insult that is a fact! You do a lot of yelping...

mobiushky

So do the pictures you linked of the XD's and the 1911's and the revolvers and what is that a howitzer? also mean Glocks "have a reputation for blowing up"? Or do they lend themselves the actual fact that all guns can blow up if there is a problem?

I'm gonna go with B on that one.

Oh look, there's a Beretta, wait a couple. There's an AR in there. There's a few H&K's. A smattering of more 1911's. Lot's of different revolvers in there. Cool links. Proves nothing really, but the pics are cool. OH, there's a few M&P's also. Nice.