• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

His name is James Dale

imported post

Now I have a name to go with Mississippi's refusal to obey the state constitution, article 3 sec 12. His name is James Dale.

After sending an email to the Mississippi attorney general's office asking for simple answers to simple questions, I received a reply from James Dale. As a true statist, James refused to answer any of my questions regarding the right to bear arms. Why not drop Mr. Dale an email yourself ? Ask him if the right to open carry is respected by Mississippi "law enforcement." jdale@ago.state.ms.us

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Does the Mississippi Atty General give legal advice to citizens under other circumstances?

According to posts on this site, some Attorney Generals don't at all.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Now I have a name to go with Mississippi's refusal to obey the state constitution, article 3 sec 12. His name is James Dale.

After sending an email to the Mississippi attorney general's office asking for simple answers to simple questions, I received a reply from James Dale. As a true statist, James refused to answer any of my questions regarding the right to bear arms. Why not drop Mr. Dale an email yourself ? Ask him if the right to open carry is respected my Mississippi "law enforcement." jdale@ago.state.ms.us
Can you post his reply to you?

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Does the Mississippi Atty General give legal advice to citizens under other circumstances?

According to posts on this site, some Attorney Generals don't at all.
Since I am not asking for "advice," that situation doesn't apply to me. I merely asked "his highness" if Mississippi obeys it's own state constitution, basically. I asked if he recognized the difference between a "right" and a "privilege," along with other, basic questions. NOTHING contained in my email could be construed as a request for "advice." My questions generally are ones most in government prefer not to answer, for whatever reason. Why not direct your questions to him? Let Mr. James Dale speak for himself, if he has the balls, which I doubt.

imported post

Hank,

His replied was basically "we work for the state. We don't work for the citizens. Hire an attorney to answer questions we refuse to answer." Reminds me of the time I cornered a highly dictatorial politician here in THE POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA. Out of the wild blue, during a phone conversation where she was trying to defend the indefensible, I blindsided her with "are you a public servant?" Hank, she was quite caught totally off guard, blasted me with "NO I"m not........I'm an elected official." To this day, numerous persons who read this story ask me the same question: what's the difference between a public servant and an elected official? Answer: the attitude. Obviously, James Dale may not be elected, but he's certainly no public servant, either........as I told James, there's a promising future for him in politics.

sccrref

imported post

Hank,

His replied was basically "we work for the state. We don't work for the citizens. Hire an attorney to answer questions we refuse to answer." Reminds me of the time I cornered a highly dictatorial politician here in THE POLICE STATE OF LOUISIANA. Out of the wild blue, during a phone conversation where she was trying to defend the indefensible, I blindsided her with "are you a public servant?" Hank, she was quite caught totally off guard, blasted me with "NO I"m not........I'm an elected official." To this day, numerous persons who read this story ask me the same question: what's the difference between a public servant and an elected official? Answer: the attitude. Obviously, James Dale may not be elected, but he's certainly no public servant, either........as I told James, there's a promising future for him in politics.
Try asking one of your local or state level elected officials to pose the questions you want answered to the state ag.

imported post

Already did. There seem to be NO "public servants" in Mississippi, either, just "elected officials." Instead of having true representatives of the people's rights, what you have in Mississippi are dozens of persons more interested in creating/perpetuating a welfare society where you steal from the not--so-rich who work and give to those who REFUSE to work,just like Louisiana.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Hank,

His replied was basically "we work for the state. We don't work for the citizens. Hire an attorney to answer questions we refuse to answer."

I don't think you can expect others to follow up with Dale based on a vague depiction of his unsatisfactory reply to you. If you post the reply and it supports your points/dissatisfaction then others can communicate with Dale more effectively.

Can you post your initial inquiry to the AG, too?

imported post

Tell ya' what, Hank. Forget I ever contacted James Dale.

Start all over. Email James, ask him the following:

Does the Mississippi state constituiton, article 3 sec 12, guarantee the right to bear arms?

When it uses the word "citizen," does that include persons from neighboring states?

Is there a legal distinction between a right and a privilege?

Does a citizen need a permit to exercise a right?

The same clause of the state constitution talks about bearing arms and then turns around and talks about concealed weapons. Is bearing arms the same as concealing a weapon?

If not, just how do you BEAR arms and NOT be guilty of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Email James, ask him the following:

Does the Mississippi state constituiton, article 3 sec 12, guarantee the right to bear arms?

When it uses the word "citizen," does that include persons from neighboring states?

Is there a legal distinction between a right and a privilege?

Does a citizen need a permit to exercise a right?

The same clause of the state constitution talks about bearing arms and then turns around and talks about concealed weapons. Is bearing arms the same as concealing a weapon?

If not, just how do you BEAR arms and NOT be guilty of carrying a concealed weapon without a permit?

Are these the same questions you asked in your initial inquiry to the AG? Same wording?

It's interesting that you won't post the complained about reply from James (you're on a first name?). If memory serves, this is one of the key attribute of an Amerikan--failure to be realistic and forthcoming. Failure to take a stand and back it up....whining about sumpin' but doing nothing about it....

imported post

Your thoughts are so absurd, I don't even know where to begin.

But I will try.

Maybe not word for word, but that's pretty close. Close enough to help you formulate your own email to him.

His reply was summed up for you. I am waaaaaaaaaaaaay too busy to post, word for word, his reply. Again, forget his reply, YOU start from the beginning and see if your reply matches what I've already told you. NObody can call Mark Edward Marchiafava a liar.

If you knew me, you'd know how absurd your assessment of me is.

And have a nice day.

Seif5034

imported post

Hey guys play nice. get mad at the government/laws/"elected officials" not at eachother. We're on the same team (OCDO) are we not?

ilbob

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Seif5034 wrote:
Hey guys play nice. get mad at the government/laws/"elected officials" not at eachother. We're on the same team (OCDO) are we not?
why resurrect a year old thread?

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

ilbob wrote:
Seif5034 wrote:
why resurrect a year old thread?
The new guy may not know that Henrietta was a notorious troll, long gone, and is trying to defend a victorious LEGALLY ARMED CITIZEN. KUDOS MEM

Gunslinger

imported post

"we work for the state. We don't work for the citizens..."

You might contact him again and remind him Himmler said the same thing.

"We must take the guns from the people so the streets will be safe for the SS."

A. Hitler