• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How CAN I open carry in my vehicle?

nhsig220

Even if the officer specifically stated it would take longer than the 14 days because of research and paperwork they had to do??

Does NOT mean ****.

He is REQUIRED by state law to issue or deny within 14 days. No if's, and's or but's about it. Go there and demand either a license or deny letter then and there. If he doesn't comply, tell him in clear, plain english, that the town, the department and himself personally will be sued. Then, use your cell phone and call your lawyer, then and there.

It is about time people stop taking crap from underhanded police departments, who refuse to follow the law.

14 days is 14 days. Don't care what in the hell he says.

LilRedMeanie

Does NOT mean ****.

He is REQUIRED by state law to issue or deny within 14 days. No if's, and's or but's about it. Go there and demand either a license or deny letter then and there. If he doesn't comply, tell him in clear, plain english, that the town, the department and himself personally will be sued. Then, use your cell phone and call your lawyer, then and there.

It is about time people stop taking crap from underhanded police departments, who refuse to follow the law.

14 days is 14 days. Don't care what in the hell he says.

Well, my persistence paid off. I was issued my license this morning :D

He did say that he didn't hear back from Barre VT PD yet though and if he did and they gave him any "disqualifying information" that they would annul my license.

Jay

Well, my persistence paid off. I was issued my license this morning :D

He did say that he didn't hear back from Barre VT PD yet though and if he did and they gave him any "disqualifying information" that they would annul my license.

CONGRATS!!!!! and don't worry about it if you were charged and never convicted there is no disqualifier as far as New Hampshire is concerned