• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I had the cops called on me for carrying!

jfrey123

imported post

+1 to the above. To each their own.

I can honestly say I'm on the opposite side of Tim. While I enjoy the ability to OC and do it as needed, I'm not looking to complicate my life at this point. I support the organizations that fight for gun rights, and show up to rallys and public events as needed to support my 2nd Amendment.

I am not a foot soldier for the cause. However, that does not mean I am going to roll over at the first sign of trouble when I do OC. I just don't carry that way every day in an effort to push the agenda.

I support those who do, I respect those who do. I hope that respect would be returned on a mutual basis for the things I do.

Thundar

imported post

timf343 wrote:
It's not fun to have to fight for and rehash centuries old discussions (wasn't the US Constitution and Bill of Rights passed back in the 1700s?), but it is where we find ourselves. We must be resilient to those who seek to seize power at the cost of our own personal freedoms and must realize that any encroachment whatsoever is a step in the wrong direction.

+1

If johnny Law doesn't like your handgun on your hip while walking down the strip, and he hassles you tell him what the consequence of his JBT activity will be.

"Next time, Officer Putz I will open carry my scoped rifle down the strip, and when they ask me why I will tell them because officer Putz abuses my constitutional rightsfor open carrying my handgun in a holster, so I just carrymy rifleinstead.":lol:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

DrMark wrote:
Facejackets wrote:
I try not to stir things up with Johnny Law because I don't need that kind of drama in my life. Sitting in jail over a weekend because someone thinks me carrying my firearm openly on the strip is not my idea of fun. I'll play it safe. you guys can have all the fun you want "testing" these officers. I'm not taking the chance on losing my right to own firearms over one stretch of road I think I should be able to carry on.
Hmmm, I'll be in Vegas later this week...

I've never had any problems with the Vegas police on prior trips; I had no idea the dept was corrupt and full of lawbreakers. What would they keep you in jail for several days for, should they see you open carrying?

Also, re: losing your right to own firearms... What felony conviction would result from carrying on the strip?

Back from Vegas...

Very short trip; didn't get to spend much time on the strip.