• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ICarry to push for Constitution Carry (no permit aka Vermont style) in Wisconsin?

SAK

imported post

I can sympathize with your sentiments I think, Doug, as far as organizations go. That's one of the things I admire most about the Open Carry movement in Wisconsin and elsewhere - it's very decentralized, very spontaneous, etc. I think that's a huge benefit. But there is also a lot to be said about how having organizations and having something for people to associate with, gather around, and a place to go to get information. Pooling resources, taking legal action as Wisconsin Carry has done - this is a perfect example of why organizations can help.

Spartacus, I joined Wisconsin Carry, Inc as a founders club member on my own dime, not on other's. ICarry hasn't opened up for regular membership yet, so trying to sign people up for membership is a moot point right now since we don't have that capability. The only thing we have is online ICarry founders club memberships. We emulated Wisconsin Carry with that idea because it seemed as though it was the best for us at this time and is proving to be just that since we're working out kinks and getting things set for regular membership.

Maybe we can direct the discussion back to ideas on how to begin pushing NOW for a no permit system. I've tried to make it clear that ICarry's stance is the same as WIC's stance: trying for a no-permit system is worthwhile and we will do it, but if it proves to be impossible then we would support a permit system as well as long as no current rights are given up. We will not support giving up any current rights.

Anymore ideas? I want to keep pressing the idea of a unified message. The analogy is a crowd of people all saying different things, even if they are all talking about the same topic. Too many different messages means you can't hear what anyone is saying. Compare that to having just a few distinct messages and having everyone say it at the same time - big difference :)

Based on what we've done with the Carry Cards so far, I will say that small fliers/pamphlets/etc placed all over the place can have a HUGE impact. If someone disagrees then rather than argue about it on the Internet (which seems so easy to do these days) simply do not participate. But don't use the keyboard to crap on someone else's idea. If you have what you think is a better idea you are free to promote it, but criticism seems pretty pointless if you don't have an alternative. So, I am looking for people to help us distribute this information on Constitution Carry. The material isn't printed yet, but it will be.

After that, perhaps we can start getting into conventional advertising. Print, radio, etc. I was also thinking of yard signs too. Not just for elections anymore :) I wonder how those darn things are shipped though...if people ordered them online I'm just not sure about packaging/shipping.