• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IF the 5 already filed recall petitions are successful there will be NO conceal carry

blaze

FIVE recall petitions of Republican State Senators have been legally filed in Madison.

With the conceal carry debate being such a touchy political firestorm, I doubt that it will be addressed until the recall mess/elections are resolved.

Think about the ramifications this may have on the Senators who will have to face recall elections. If the Republicans try to fast track conceal carry legislation, it will only benefit the Democrats cause.

Seriously, as wound up as this state is right now, these politicians are not gonna touch such controversial legislation, nor should they. For some it would be political suicide.

For the time being, please be patient, if these recalls work in favor of the Democrats, we will get absolutely nothing.

anmut

FIVE recall petitions of Republican State Senators have been legally filed in Madison.

With the conceal carry debate being such a touchy political firestorm, I doubt that it will be addressed until the recall mess/elections are resolved.

Think about the ramifications this may have on the Senators who will have to face recall elections. If the Republicans try to fast track conceal carry legislation, it will only benefit the Democrats cause.

Seriously, as wound up as this state is right now, these politicians are not gonna touch such controversial legislation, nor should they. For some it would be political suicide.

For the time being, please be patient, if these recalls work in favor of the Democrats, we will get absolutely nothing.

Recall only means another vote - I haven't heard ANYONE stepping up for the dumbocrats in those districts. Pretty much, good luck.

bajadudes

Walker was an idiot. He already got the financial concessions from the unions that he wanted. Going after collective bargaining and violating the open meetings rule is backfiring. He should have known when to hold em and when to fold em.
The concept of a strategic retreat apparently escaped him.

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
Walker was an idiot. He already got the financial concessions from the unions that he wanted. Going after collective bargaining and violating the open meetings rule is backfiring. He should have known when to hold em and when to fold em.

Is North Carolina's budget balanced? I would suggest you worry about your own state's 'idiot' first. Have a nice day.

bajadudes

I am not disputing that our gov can also be an idiot.

Walker overplayed his hand. Only one seat needs to flip and I would bet it's going to be hopper. Jessica king the deputy mayor of oshkosh lost to him by 163 votes in 08. She is a strong challenger.
Feel free to voice your opinion on our gov, there are many areas where she deserves criticism.
Have a great day sir

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
What defeatist you are !!

PATIENT MY BUTT !!!!! I & We in the gun community, the ones that have not given up or thrown in the towel...please don't include your self in that...... have been more than Patient for over 10 years now......It needs to be fast tracked / Rammed home/ Pushed through or what ever term you wish to give it...or it will be another 10 plus Goddddammmm !! Years before we have another try at it !!!!!!!!!!! Keep the pressure on your reps everyone , don't listen to Blazye !

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
What defeatist you are !!

PATIENT MY BUTT !!!!! I & We in the gun community, the ones that have not given up or thrown in the towel...please don't include your self in that...... have been more than Patient for over 10 years now......It needs to be fast tracked / Rammed home/ Push through or what ever term you wish to give it...or it will be another 10 plus Goddddammmm !! Years before we have another try at it !!!!!!!!!!! Keep the pressure on your reps everyone , don't listen to Blazye he ain't got no heart !

protias

You do realize that Prosser won the majority of those districts, with only one of them being close. The Republicans are safe. It is the democrats who fled the state who need to worry. I wouldn't doubt the Republicans pick up another seat or two.

bajadudes

Just saying Hopper has a strong challenger......it's not going to be a cake walk for either party and dems have the momentum.

protias

Just saying Hopper has a strong challenger......it's not going to be a cake walk for either party and dems have the momentum.
Yup, dems have momentum, just like when the sample of emails that came to the governor's email address was 62% in favor of the budget repair bill. Yup, sure looks like those dems have the momentum... :rolleyes:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Yup, dems have momentum, just like when the sample of emails that came to the governor's email address was 62% in favor of the budget repair bill. Yup, sure looks like those dems have the momentum... :rolleyes:

I personally believe that more recalls of Dems will be successful than of Reps.

I work in Senator Wirch's area and even people who voted for him are pissed because he left the state.

M

McX

I personally believe that more recalls of Dems will be successful than of Reps.

I work in Senator Wirch's area and even people who voted for him are pissed because he left the state.

i was peeved they came back. i was peeved they had jobs when they came back.

blaze

The WI Democratic Party is highly motivated and very well organized right now. Do not under estimate what they are capable of doing.

A no name Dane county DA and a no name nobody Dane county judge has stopped the legislative process dead in its tracks on the CB bill. Give the Dems all the credit.

Justice Prosser should have trounced Kloppenburg and did not. Give the Dems all the credit.

Too many voters sitting on the fence just waiting for another reason to tip to the liberal side.

Pushing a highly visible and emotionally charged bill involving concealed carry before the recall elections is not going to happen. Give the Dems all the credit.

Governor Walker and the legislature are not going to fall into that trap. It is called playing politics.

protias

The WI Democratic Party is highly motivated and very well organized right now. Do not under estimate what they are capable of doing.

A no name Dane county DA and a no name nobody Dane county judge has stopped the legislative process dead in its tracks on the CB bill. Give the Dems all the credit.

Justice Prosser should have trounced Kloppenburg and did not. Give the Dems all the credit.

Too many voters sitting on the fence just waiting for another reason to tip to the liberal side.

Pushing a highly visible and emotionally charged bill involving concealed carry before the recall elections is not going to happen. Give the Dems all the credit.

Governor Walker and the legislature are not going to fall into that trap. It is called playing politics.

So with all their "momentum," all they managed was a close race instead of a landslide victory for Prosser. In the primary, Prosser had more than double the votes than the other candidates COMBINED! If you haven't researched it, perhaps you should look at all the voting fraud and inconsistencies in Milwaukee and Dane Counties. Examples of this are people voting and then getting right back in line to vote again, or writing your vote down on a legal pad because they "didn't have any ballots," etc, etc, etc.

oak1971

The Leftist Milwaukee Journal had poll which showed Walker still had the support of over 60% of those responding. I'm not overconfident, but I am not running for the exits screaming bloody murder either.

oak1971

Forgive me if I don't buy into the doom and gloom just yet.

blaze

So with all their "momentum," all they managed was a close race instead of a landslide victory for Prosser. In the primary, Prosser had more than double the votes than the other candidates COMBINED! If you haven't researched it, perhaps you should look at all the voting fraud and inconsistencies in Milwaukee and Dane Counties. Examples of this are people voting and then getting right back in line to vote again, or writing your vote down on a legal pad because they "didn't have any ballots," etc, etc, etc.

You are correct, Prosser hammered everyone in the primary. That primary was held before Gov Walker introduced the budget repair bill.

The liberals went crazy when the so called union busting bill was introduced. They vowed to unseat Prosser, Repub Senators, and the Governor.

Well, they almost picked off Prosser, who according to you had double the votes of all the other candidates combined. You are absolutely correct.

So do you see how much the liberals gained in a month in the statewide election.

These recall elections are district specific for the Senators. Not statewide, very vulnerable for swings.

Perhaps you should do some research on the Senate race results, none of them were close to blowouts. If the liberal momentum continues the recall elections could turn out extremely bad for the gun people.