• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illegal Eastpointe City ordinances

scot623

imported post

Lengthy meeting...we stuck around for the whole thing.3 of us spoke, bringing attention 3 illegal(outdated)ordinances. Wealso spokewithcouple of council members, the city attorney and the mayor afterword. One guy showed up OCing...hisdad called him after he sawJeff and ScottOCingon the live tv feed. Sweet.An old highschool friend of mine(I haven't seen himin years), is a Macomb County sheriff, happens to do the televsion feed for the city. He popped out the back to say Hi. He was supportive of us as well.

Wiz

imported post

Isn't Eastpointe the home of the American Nazi Party?

Seriously, just askin'. I'd think you'd certainly WANT to carry a gun around that group :p

scot623

imported post

Wiz wrote:

Seriously, just askin'. I'd think you'd certainly WANT to carry a gun around that group :p

That would be Westland. And even though I don't agree with the American Nazi Party's views, I don't think your post has any redeeming value other than to disparage them. Let's not ruin yet another thread with unneccesary negative comments.

Wiz

imported post

scot623 wrote:
Wiz wrote:

That would be Westland. And even though I don't agree with the American Nazi Party's views, I don't think your post has any redeeming value other than to disparage them. Let's not ruin yet another thread with unneccesary negative comments.

Jblack44

imported post

Wiz wrote:
scot623 wrote:
Wiz wrote:

I had no idea and I've lived here my whole life! :what:

scot623

imported post

Great news! I've been trading emails with coucilwoman Klinefelt pushing this issue. I was told today, the council will be voting to approve the updated ordinances on Tuesday March 30th. I will be in attendance to thank them for bringing the city in line with state laws. Anyone else who is free to join me is welcome. Eastpointe's meetings start at 7:00 with 2 public comment sections(beginning and end of meeting).

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I'm not from MI, and I know this thread is pretty old, but the Fetters v Grand Haven federal lawsuit went nowhere and was dismissed. I'm not sure I would cite it in a letter to any City I wanted to convince to change their laws.