• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just when you think your safe

NHCGRPR45

Bullets do all sorts of strange and weird things when they strike well anything, but especially when striking hard surfaces. :exclaim:

And as the poster noted. Back stops count as a hard surface. ! Yikes:uhoh:

SlowDog

Well, according to the guy running the range at the time there isn't supposed to be anything down range but ground up rubber and shouldn't be anything to bounce back off of.....

NHCGRPR45

Thanks :) been a tad but "out of the loop" for a while... busy with school and stuff... :)

Nice Kitten pic:p! I am after all a cat avatar fan!

Might I suggest some frontline?? :D

You might! But the last time I gave my cat frontline it went into seizures, scared the s**t out of me.

Well, according to the guy running the range at the time there isn't supposed to be anything down range but ground up rubber and shouldn't be anything to bounce back off of.....

Even crushed rubber will bounce a bullet back at you, and like Bail said there is still a STEEL back stop behind the rubber.

Last edited:

tygereye

Nice Kitten pic:p! I am after all a cat avatar fan!

You might! But the last time I gave my cat frontline it went into seizures, scared the s**t out of me.
QUOTE]

Well, in that case, NIX the frontline!! LOL... Will see what I can find out about something more "natural"
Was the frontline from your vet? or was it over the counter frontline?

I love your avatar also... :) I almost picked a different one, but, figured the tiger fit best... :)